Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

"Buzz has surfaced about the Giants having a trade partner. While it is not certain the Jaguars are that team, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports tweets several GMs have pointed to the Giants moving down from No. 4 and the Jags climbing up from No. 8. The Giants are believed to be serious about wanting to move down. Although the Jaguars are believed to be planning to give Gardner Minshew a legitimate opportunity, JLC speculates a move up would be for a quarterback."

Via Profootballrumors.com (they obviously have the pick wrong, it's #9, not #8).

I would be disappointed to see us move up for a QB. If they really want to give Minshew a shot this would not be a very supportive move. On top of that the team just isn't likely to win a lot of games. I'm not sure what the over/under is but I'd guess around 5.5 and I'm taking the under. If we move up it needs to be for a) Simmons, b) Brown, or c) the best one of the tackles on the board.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sources saying Yannick is about to be dealt to Las Vegas. Raiders are offering #19 but Jags are asking for #12.

Result? I see us getting #19 + a later pick this year or next if they made this deal.

This is coming from Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com so who knows what/who his league sources may be.

Those Raiders rumors still swirling. Meanwhile Adam Schefter reports that Jags called Detroit at 4Pm. Presumably to ask about Okudah. That scares me. I don't want to give up a lot of draft capital to go get him. If they stick at 9 like I hope, I think they are hoping for Okuhda (little chance) or Derrick Brown (50% chance).

If Brown is there I think they take him. GM Caldwell said there are 4 guys that they would take without even considering another player or trade. I assume that is Burrow, Young, Okudah and Brown. I also wonder if they want Simmons if he falls to them (50%).

I would kind of love it if they traded down and picked up another 2nd. Atlanta could be a dance partner.

And in the back of my head..........what if Tua falls to them?
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-23-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Solid day 1. While I was really hoping for Simmons we addressed the biggest need first with CJ. He's going to have to get better attacking and tackling backs but his cover skills are very good. At #20 I was looking at Murray, Queen, Diggs, or Chaisson and they went Chaisson who I think is the eventual Yannick replacement. So far I am happy with the direction. Rebuild the defense.

We have the 10th pick today, a lot of good players left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Solid day 1. While I was really hoping for Simmons we addressed the biggest need first with CJ. He's going to have to get better attacking and tackling backs but his cover skills are very good. At #20 I was looking at Murray, Queen, Diggs, or Chaisson and they went Chaisson who I think is the eventual Yannick replacement. So far I am happy with the direction. Rebuild the defense.

We have the 10th pick today, a lot of good players left.
    I really like Henderson....will not be surprised if he is the best CB from this draft. I am part of the minority that is not as confident about Chaisson.

Even if you're not a Jags fan, Mike Silver has a fascinating article today about what went down with the Jags. Not only last night (who they talked trades with, what their strategy was, etc.) But also filled details about what went down with Ramsey/Khan/Couglin/Caldwell)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...youth-movement

One Twitter comment said it was the best NFL insider article he'd ever read.

The main point being that Chaisson was their fallback position at #8 and they still got him at #20. And their fallback guy at #20 is till available and they are targeting that guy tonight.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-24-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Jags filled 2 squares with picks 3-4. Their Round 2 guy was WR Chennault out of Colorado. Supposedly he was Jags #1 WR before 2019. Was he the guy they targeted at the end of Round 2? No one has said. And then they took a run stuffer in Rnd 4 from Ohio State, since they missed out on Brown in Round 1.

So a workman like job of filling holes. No trades/fireworks. We have a fair amount of picks today. 3 in Round 4. I'm usually of the opinion that you can only really expect starters from the first 3 rounds. Would like to be presently surprised. Supposedly a deep draft.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Eason to the Jags?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Eason to the Jags?
    Jags are set to let Minshew prove he can be the man in 2020. They picked up a late rounder. So Minshew, a late rounder, and Josh Dobbs. To me the one thing that makes sense is Dalton after he's released. Let him know he's the backup but sign him to incentive laden deal in case he becomes the starter because of ineffectiveness or injury.

I liked the Jags draft for the most part. My favorite pick based on potential value is Collin Johnson (WR Texas) late in the 5th. He had a rough Senior season plagued by injuries, but he had some monster games as a Junior. The guy is 6'6" and has good hands. If he can stay healthy and put it together....he could be a weapon.

Marone protected by DUUuuval's finest during the draft.

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonvil...2020-nfl-draft

Jags do not pick up Fournette's 5th year option....I doubt he will be playing in Jacksonville this season.

There's a guy on Twitter named EDilla who knows a bunch of insider stuff. He was interviewed by local radio yesterday and he said Jags tried to trade up in 1st round to take RB Jonathan Taylor but the price was too high. Indy took him in the 2nd, one pick before Jags. Sounds like Indy might have figured out Jags interest and jumped ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Jags do not pick up Fournette's 5th year option....I doubt he will be playing in Jacksonville this season.
    This is a strange move. Jax are talent poor and Fournette is very talented. Another embarrassing impasse of a bad organization with a good player? Or are the talents that the team acquires and alienates (Ramsey, Ngakoue, now Fournette) talented but mentally weak?
    Time will tell. Jax got great talent in the 2020 draft in Chaisson, Henderson and shenault, but can they develop that talent?
    I bet on the CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    This is a strange move. Jax are talent poor and Fournette is very talented. Another embarrassing impasse of a bad organization with a good player? Or are the talents that the team acquires and alienates (Ramsey, Ngakoue, now Fournette) talented but mentally weak?
    Time will tell. Jax got great talent in the 2020 draft in Chaisson, Henderson and shenault, but can they develop that talent?
    I bet on the CB.
    He is talented in a position that more and more of the league thinks is a warm body position (I disagree). It seems like every thing I hear about the guy off the field is negative....not sure it true or just the narrative. I will say if you look beyond his counting stats last season, his performance was not as impressive as I originally thought. He racked up a lot of yards without doing much damage (scoring, critical 1st downs, etc.) and he was the worst starting RB in the NFL at actually causing defenders to miss for additional yards.

Turn Off Ads?