Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    This is a strange move. Jax are talent poor and Fournette is very talented. Another embarrassing impasse of a bad organization with a good player? Or are the talents that the team acquires and alienates (Ramsey, Ngakoue, now Fournette) talented but mentally weak?
    Time will tell. Jax got great talent in the 2020 draft in Chaisson, Henderson and shenault, but can they develop that talent?
    I bet on the CB.
    I’m not convinced by Chaisson. He doesn’t seem like a big guy and I saw footage of him (I think vs Andrew Thomas) getting totally shut down.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    I’m not convinced by Chaisson. He doesn’t seem like a big guy and I saw footage of him (I think vs Andrew Thomas) getting totally shut down.
    I have seen several comps of him....smaller guys that played his position and had big success in college that struggled in the NFL. I am guessing it will require to DC to properly scheme and position him to have success to ensure he does not get swallowed up in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    This is a strange move. Jax are talent poor and Fournette is very talented. Another embarrassing impasse of a bad organization with a good player? Or are the talents that the team acquires and alienates (Ramsey, Ngakoue, now Fournette) talented but mentally weak?
    Time will tell. Jax got great talent in the 2020 draft in Chaisson, Henderson and shenault, but can they develop that talent?
    I bet on the CB.
    Jags are clearing the decks of guys with attitude issues. Fournette has been that since the beginning. Missing practices, sleeping in meetings, coming off the bench to start fights. Fournette was a Coughlin pick. He no longer fits with what they want. He won't be back in 2021, and I'll be very surprised if he finishes 2020 with Jags.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Chaisson played part-time as a true freshman. He tore his ACL the first game of his sophomore season and got a medical redshirt. He started every game as a red-shirt sophomore. Observers I've listened to say his game picked up as he gained experience and time since the ACL lengthened. He did record a sack against Georgia. Don't know if it was against Thomas. He was defensive MVP in the playoff win over Oklahoma. He declared as a draft eligible sophomore.

So he's still very raw, having played only 2 years, and won't turn 21 for 3 more months. I'm pretty stoked about having Chaisson on Jags.

6. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (05-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Chaisson played part-time as a true freshman. He tore his ACL the first game of his sophomore season and got a medical redshirt. He started every game as a red-shirt sophomore. Observers I've listened to say his game picked up as he gained experience and time since the ACL lengthened. He did record a sack against Georgia. Don't know if it was against Thomas. He was defensive MVP in the playoff win over Oklahoma. He declared as a draft eligible sophomore.

So he's still very raw, having played only 2 years, and won't turn 21 for 3 more months. I'm pretty stoked about having Chaisson on Jags.
    That was on the other side against Isaiah Wilson (I assume). 0 pressures vs Thomas. I don’t want to write him off as what you’ve said indicates he could still have a lot of improvement in him.

All international games this year have been moved back to the US.

Here's an interesting article for you Jags fans about Jimmy Smith, making the case that he was one of the best WRs in NFL history.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-hall-of-fame/
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Catching up on the Jags. I do have a lot of sense that Fournette is cleaning up his act as far as attitude. I'd still say he's gone next year (although we don't have great options) but he very well might stay for the season.

In last few days Yannick Ngakgue fired his agent. He has a 5 day wait before he can hire a new one. In the meantime he's been talking to GM Caldwell. My personal take after hearing Caldwell on radio is that the resolution is looking more like a trade then him coming back with club.

Which I'm ok with. If they get good enough compensation and save the 17 million in salary. I'd take a 2022 #1. That would mean 3 years of two #1s.

There's certainly a sense among the Jags staff that they are better than the NFL observers think (many who show them as worst team). They seem to think this will be a bounce-back year for LT Cam Robinson who is now 2 years removed from ACL surgery.

We did get hit with one major opt-out on the DL which will mean we'll have to rely more on 3rd round pick Hamilton out of Ohio State.

Jags seem really excited by 2nd rounder Laviska Shennault (who the Jags took when they missed on RB David Johnson).

Jacksonville we have a problem. Last year when Marcell Darius got injured and missed the rest of the season, the Jags run defense became a joke. They had 5 or 6 games in a row where they gave up 200 yards rushing.

The answer was to sign 2 free agents. Al Woods and Rodney Gunter. Well Al Woods opted out and Rodney Gunter just retired from a heart condition he discovered 3 weeks ago. We also put 2 DL on the IR.

Jags are scrambling to find replacements. Word is we have signed Timmy Jernigan although nothing has been announced.

Blue dot Michael Lombardi says Jags are extremely close to trading Yannick for a #2. Hopefully a player also

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Blue dot Michael Lombardi says Jags are extremely close to trading Yannick for a #2. Hopefully a player also
    Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well turns out Lombardi was clueless. In on the field action, reporters covering Jags are saying good things about how the OL (especially Cam Robinson) are looking. They were a shaky area last year but the GM and Coach were saying they were mch improved. Maybe they are !!!

Also the wide receivers are looking real good and especially 5th rounder Colin Johnson who looks like he will be a red zone target at 6'6". He's been making spectacular grabs (inclding one handed grabs)

Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Yannick goes to Minnesota for a 2021 second round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth that become a fourth if Yannick is a pro bowler this season and becomes a third of he is a pro bowler and Minnesota wins the Super Bowl.

Less than I’d hoped for but glad it’s done. Now we have two 1sts and two 2nds in 2021.

Not only do we have two #1s and two #2's but we now have another 17 million in cap space for 2020. We now are #3 in 2020 cap space, and #2 in 2021 cap space.

17. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (08-30-2020)

Leonard Fournette waived. More cap space

Turn Off Ads?