Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    This is an overreaction. He said he doesn’t care if he gets his prediction right about the pick, not that’s he doesn’t care about the Bengals. And, I would argue that you’d have to be incredibly deranged to spend this much time in a Bengals forum while not being a fan. It’s hard enough discussing them as life long fans, I couldn’t imagine wasting ones time discussing one of the worst franchises in the history of sports just to troll. And last, he and any lifelong Bengal fan has every right to question anything the Bengals do. They’ve proven they will screw it up if possible.
    It's irrelevant if he's a Bengal fan or not. All are welcome to post here. I also don't see what difference it makes if he cares or not cares about the Bengals. What he did do was continually post the same very negative (and unfounded) point about the Bengals not picking Burrow. After being called on it he says that he doesn't really care that much about his prediction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is an overreaction. He said he doesn’t care if he gets his prediction right about the pick, not that’s he doesn’t care about the Bengals. And, I would argue that you’d have to be incredibly deranged to spend this much time in a Bengals forum while not being a fan. It’s hard enough discussing them as life long fans, I couldn’t imagine wasting ones time discussing one of the worst franchises in the history of sports just to troll. And last, he and any lifelong Bengal fan has every right to question anything the Bengals do. They’ve proven they will screw it up if possible.
    I disagree with you that I overreacted to Dan's comments. I also see that this is your first post in this thread. That fact sure gives the impression that you are merely a hired gun to come in here and defend Dan. Regardless of that, I wish your primary purpose was to discuss Bengal football and not to voice your opinion on what's trolling or to defend a buddy on RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I disagree with you that I overreacted to Dan's comments. I also see that this is your first post in this thread. That fact sure gives the impression that you are merely a hired gun to come in here and defend Dan. Regardless of that, I wish your primary purpose was to discuss Bengal football and not to voice your opinion on what's trolling or to defend a buddy on RZ.
    You’re certainly interesting, but really really out there on this one. I was just trying to defend a fellow Redszoner, who I’ve never met nor have any history with on Redszone. I believe calling him a troll was uncalled for.

Additionally, I’ve posted many many times in Bengal threads over the last 14 years of being a member of Redszone. And, if you’re going to snoop around and make very ignorant comments, do a better a job of it. Look at the recently closed 2019 Bengals thread. We actually had a conversation just 2 months ago in there. I grew up and lived in Cincinnati most of my life and I’m a huge Bengals fan. I don’t post as much as I used to because......life.

On a different note, I completely disagree with Wrongverb on why we’re having this little spat. The Bengals will absolutely pick Burrow. Barring an injury, it’s a done deal. And, I couldn’t be happier about it. I believe he’s their only chance of having a winning season again before the lease is up. Burrow equals real hope, something we haven’t had in awhile.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

You’re certainly interesting, but really really out there on this one. I was just trying to defend a fellow Redszoner, who I’ve never met nor have any history with on Redszone. I believe calling him a troll was uncalled for.

Additionally, I’ve posted many many times in Bengal threads over the last 14 years of being a member of Redszone. And, if you’re going to snoop around and make very ignorant comments, do a better a job of it. Look at the recently closed 2019 Bengals thread. We actually had a conversation just 2 months ago in there. I grew up and lived in Cincinnati most of my life and I’m a huge Bengals fan. I don’t post as much as I used to because......life.

On a different note, I completely disagree with Wrongverb on why we’re having this little spat. The Bengals will absolutely pick Burrow. Barring an injury, it’s a done deal. And, I couldn’t be happier about it. I believe he’s their only chance of having a winning season again before the lease is up. Burrow equals real hope, something we haven’t had in awhile.
    I documented my reasons for describing his behavior as trolling. I stand by that and I rarely use that term around here. We disagree on that but we agree that your reason for jumping in was not to talk Bengals and we agree that the Bengals will take Burrow #1. Hey, two out of three ain't bad

Paul Alexander
    @CoachPaulAlex
    HOLD ON ... don’t write in JOE BURROW as the 1st pick of the NFL DRAFT quite yet. There’s another choice ... JUSTIN HERBERT who is in the mix (along with CHASE YOUNG). As a 23 year Bengal ... I’m a pretty solid source.
    Stay quiet Paul...lol. Drafting Herbert #1 would be the dumbest thing ever. Trading the #1 pick for 3 first-rounders and selecting Herbert with one of them would not be the dumbest thing ever (not my preference).
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

So far, about the only negative I’ve seen about Burrow is that he doesn’t like Skyline chili.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Stay quiet Paul...lol. Drafting Herbert #1 would be the dumbest thing ever. Trading the #1 pick for 3 first-rounders and selecting Herbert with one of them would not be the dumbest thing ever (not my preference).
    I like Herbert, but gosh this would be stupid, and so Bengals like.

"Howard Johnson is right about Olsen Johnson being right."
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

10. Likes:

GAC (01-25-2020),paintmered (01-27-2020)

As an organization it would be dumb to not evaluate Chase Young or Justin Herbert...I mean half way through the college season we were all still pretty split on the pick between Young and Burrow. The Bengals hold all the cards in this draft why show them to the other teams at this point.

We can bash them for a lot of things but doing there homework on other prospects is not a bad thing. Ultimately unless they dig something up on Burrow he's going to be the pick.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

12. Likes:

WVRed (01-25-2020)

There's a reason Coach PaulAlex is unemployed right now

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    As an organization it would be dumb to not evaluate Chase Young or Justin Herbert...I mean half way through the college season we were all still pretty split on the pick between Young and Burrow. The Bengals hold all the cards in this draft why show them to the other teams at this point.

We can bash them for a lot of things but doing there homework on other prospects is not a bad thing. Ultimately unless they dig something up on Burrow he's going to be the pick.
    Agreed, and it’s not like Alexander is a credible source.

If Adam Schefter said it I would start to worry and he is pretty bullish on the Bengals taking Burrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I also think we have to remember what drives Mike Brown and that is $$$$$$$....

Joe Burrow at 1 will drive ticket sales more then a pack of picks that would net Tua, Patrick Queen, and Austin Jackson.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

16. Likes:

Redhook (01-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I also think we have to remember what drives Mike Brown and that is $$$$$$$....

Joe Burrow at 1 will drive ticket sales more then a pack of picks that would net Tua, Patrick Queen, and Austin Jackson.
    That's true but any owner would be concerned about attendance given where it's been of late for this team. We shouldn't paint Mb as a money grubber if he wants to do things to boost attendance. In fact I'd say it's a good thing. It means that he's concerned about his customer's satisfaction. From a fan's standpoint it means that we were right to not buy tickets

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    There is a window, but I wonder how open it will be going up against the Ravens at least until Lamar Jackson gets hurt. I can’t see either team leapfrogging Baltimore currently.
    The Ravens didn't make it out of the first round (twice) with Jackson at the helm. And in both of those games Jackson looked very human. My Browns put a hurtin' on them in their first meeting.

My point is.... the Bengals (and Browns) just need to take care of business. If Baltimore can do it, then so can they (IMO). You only face off twice a year. And while those games are important - they're not as important as how you do vs the rest of the schedule.

With the Ravens it's all about "containing" Lamar. Yes, a huge task, but I think teams will start to adjust their defenses to take out some of that "sting" with the way the LBer position is also evolving. JMO. I think the Bengals can have a far more balanced and lethal offensive attack with a Burrow at the helm.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Gotta have fast linebackers that can tackle, to stop Jackson.

Bengals are 0/2 there at this point.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?