Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Cruisin' for trouble

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Panthers fan...

What would the Bengals response be if the Panthers offered Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey for the #1 pick?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m not buying it.

Mike Brown is not Dean Spanos. Had Eli done this in Cincinnati, my guess is Brown would have sat on his draft rights until he signed to play.

It’s a slow news cycle right now for the NFL. This is nothing.
    I agree. It is crazy though. I didn't expect any of this. Knowing MB's history, unless he's getting Mahomes in a trade for this pick, I can't think of any possible package that he would accept.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    Panthers fan...

What would the Bengals response be if the Panthers offered Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey for the #1 pick?
    So, basically McCaffrey for Burrow? No. I'll take Burrow and Mixon over Newton/Dalton and McCaffery going forward.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Can’t wait until Burrow goes #1 and it pisses all the national media off because they have to give the Bengals some major coverage. They really don’t want to have to do that it seems.

6. Likes:

Redsfaithful (02-19-2020)

Panthers fan...

They would hang up the phone when they hear the panthers say "Cam"
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Can’t wait until Burrow goes #1 and it pisses all the national media off because they have to give the Bengals some major coverage. They really don’t want to have to do that it seems.
    what are the chances they cut to commercial when the Bengals make the No.1 overall pick.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Panthers fan...

Laughter until asphyxiation occurs.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-19-2020),Sea Ray (02-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How far would Joe Burrow have taken the 2005 team and the 2015 Bengals team? I'm guessing far into the playoffs and then we wouldn't be having this conversation. There was a time in the midst of that 5 yr run of playoff appearances that Mike Brown was being lauded for the organization he put together. He had talent up and down the 53 man roster and coaches like Gruden, Zimmer and Hue all who got head coaching gigs due to the job they did as Bengals.
    The QB had nothing to do with 2005 and 2015's failures, except in one very relevant way. The QB got hurt.

If you're saying Burrow would have found a way to not get hurt, ok. I can't disagree.

But I have to throw this out there, just to bring us back to the modern age and further illustrate my point. After Hue Jackson's colossal failure in Cleveland, Hue found himself back with the Bengals as a coach. No other NFL team will ever hire Hue Jackson, ever again. But Mike Brown did. Why do you suppose that was?

Was it
    a) Hue's proven track record of success
    or
    b) Loyalty to Mike Brown shown even when employed elsewhere

(queue the Final Jeopardy music... )
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The QB had nothing to do with 2005 and 2015's failures, except in one very relevant way. The QB got hurt.

If you're saying Burrow would have found a way to not get hurt, ok. I can't disagree.

But I have to throw this out there, just to bring us back to the modern age and further illustrate my point. After Hue Jackson's colossal failure in Cleveland, Hue found himself back with the Bengals as a coach. No other NFL team will ever hire Hue Jackson, ever again. But Mike Brown did. Why do you suppose that was?

Was it
    or

Hue was hired because of Mike Brown's loyalty to Marvin Lewis. Notice how those 2 aren't here anymore after the last time Marv convinced Mike to bring his guy back.

Was it
    or

You're making my point. The Bengals had a team that could advance in the playoffs but it all came crashing down due to injury. Therefore it's not inevitable that you lose in Cincinnati

Panthers fan...

Not even tempting. Cam's best years are behind him and RBs are a dime a dozen due to injury factor and short shelf life. I'd rather have Andy Dalton+Joe Mixon than Cam+McCafferty right now

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You're making my point. The Bengals had a team that could advance in the playoffs but it all came crashing down due to injury. Therefore it's not inevitable that you lose in Cincinnati
    Just more of that darn bad luck, eh?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Bad luck and bad coaching.

If Joe Burrow so much as wins a playoff game as a Bengal they'll build a statue to him.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-19-2020)

Draft him at #1 and if he refuses to sign, let him know that you're not trading him and he'll have to sit out the entire year. Then let him know you'll be tanking in 2020 and drafting him #1 again for the following year. Sign and play or your career will be held hostage.

Turn Off Ads?