Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, the draft will go on beginning April 23rd. It begins for the Bengals April 24th as they listen to trade offers for the 33rd pick. There are so many players that fit their needs in the 2nd Round that it only makes sense to trade down a handful of picks and pick up an extra quality pick.
    So looking at FA, what holes could they address with 33 or if they move up or down?

I still say LB even with Bynes on board. If Queen or Murray are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Walter Football has Dye going #72. We have the 67th pick. April 24th is going to be an exciting day as I see us adding three potential starters.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    You really think Chris Henry was this big of an idiot because of CTE? Are we going to blame CTE for Joe Mixon and Jim Turner being homophobes?
    It’s a combination of life factors.

You grow up without privilege, and your not always going to have views that educated people may have, and then you get hit in
    the head a pile of times, and your brain development gets stunted, and even breaks the good things that did happen, and the combination creates a lot of negative consequences.

It’s hard to accurately peg where each of the direct reasons lie for the Chris Henry story, and where in each category we want to blame. Maybe a combo of born with low iq, unfortunate life experiences, low educational opportunities during formative years, and CTE.

Ultimately when you see the same issues over and over, even when the person seems to understand it’s wrong - they have my sympathy, as it just seems the guy didn’t have the fundamental life skills as a well adjusted adult should have. It sucks for everyone involved, and I can’t begin to pretend I lived a day in the life in his shoes to understand why it all happened and why he couldn’t dig himself out of it.

I do know that it’s really easy for people like you to spot down on people like that - and I find your motivations for having this schtick as sad as any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, the draft will go on beginning April 23rd. It begins for the Bengals April 24th as they listen to trade offers for the 33rd pick. There are so many players that fit their needs in the 2nd Round that it only makes sense to trade down a handful of picks and pick up an extra quality pick.
    It would make the most sense if they traded the pick late on the 23rd or before rd 2 starts on the 24th. That's when other teams can see who fell to the 2nd rd

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-26-2020)

Zac Attack seems to be leaving his mark on the franchise.

Maybe I was wrong about the guy. Here's hoping he is more Jimmy Johnson than Dave Shula.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Kirkpatrick released.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Kirkpatrick released.
    They ought to be able to pick up some depth on the oline with that savings.

Because right now, Burrow would be protected by a bunch of has beens and never weres.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

North (03-31-2020),Patrick Bateman (03-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    They ought to be able to pick up some depth on the oline with that savings.

Because right now, Burrow would be protected by a bunch of has beens and never weres.
    The secret plan: Drew Sample as H-Back.

The secret plan: Drew Sample as H-Back.
    Can't be any worse than Drew Sample at TE.

Maybe during goal line situations...

Kirkpatrick released.
    After his release, PFF posted a Top-50 article of the current remaining Free Agents. There is a huge dropoff after the Top-8, the next three are very questionable, and then it's nothing but a crap heap after that. Kirkpatrick comes in way back at #28 in that pile of doo-doo.

Those Top-8 are excellent, though, with two of them Cornerbacks.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-...agents-in-2020
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I like the idea of taking an OT with next year's 1st Rd pick. That's a better quality Tackle than anything we can get this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Can't be any worse than Drew Sample at TE.

Maybe during goal line situations...
    Maybe I’m optimistic, but I haven’t given up hope on Sample yet.

TEs usually take two years to take off. He kinda reminds me of George Kittle in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Maybe I’m optimistic, but I haven’t given up hope on Sample yet.

TEs usually take two years to take off. He kinda reminds me of George Kittle in that regard.
    Definitely haven't given up. The bad OL skewed most everything.

Local tv station reports that NE has no interest in Dalton, that they will go with some 4th rounder.

So it's a variation on the McCarron snafu. They will get zip for Dalton.

Because they are not in the business of making other teams better.
    Last edited by North; 04-01-2020 at 11:48 PM.

It's OK. They have until mid-season next year to move Atkins, Green, Dalton and Dunlap in order to acquire draft picks and/or younger and cheaper players to grow with Burrow. Any acquired picks for 2021 can be used to move up and grab the best and HOF potential, Penei Sewell, Left Tackle and 2019 Outland Trophy and Co-Pac-12 Offensive POY.

These are the other five finalists whom he beat out for the reward:

Wisconsin center Tyler Biadasz, Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown, Clemson guard John Simpson, Georgia offensive tackle Andrew Thomas and Iowa offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs.

His Sophomore season grade was Pro Football Focus' highest grade in their entire history for an Offensive Lineman.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-02-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Turn Off Ads?