Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Loving all the hype.
    I am mostly just hoping it is SO obvious that not even Mike Brown can mess it up...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am mostly just hoping it is SO obvious that not even Mike Brown can mess it up...
    If Mike Brown does mess this up, there are going to be a LOT of upset and pissed off Bengal fans, including myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I love the hype too. Of course the final exam is Clemson. How does he do in that one?

I'm out if they don't take him, unless he blows up his leg next Monday or something. It's already close to pointless, but passing on him would really be the last straw. Getting a franchise QB is the only hope I have left.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

6. Likes:

membengal (01-08-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I love the hype too. Of course the final exam is Clemson. How does he do in that one?
    Kinda what I was thinking myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm out if they don't take him, unless he blows up his leg next Monday or something. It's already close to pointless, but passing on him would really be the last straw. Getting a franchise QB is the only hope I have left.
    God knows the Bengals, Mike Brown and Co have their issues but I don't worry about them taking someone else. This is right up their wheelhouse. They LOVE drafting QBs high. There was not any doubt that Carson Palmer was going to be their pick. They also love tall QBs (6'4" and above). They also love Ohio boys. They value accurate QBs, particularly after the Akili debacle. This pick checks all the boxes.

The Brown family has always felt that the NFL game starts with a franchise QB. Boomer was the highest paid QB in his day. They value and pay for franchise QBs.

9. Likes:

Big Red Smokey (01-12-2020)

God knows the Bengals, Mike Brown and Co have their issues but I don't worry about them taking someone else. This is right up their wheelhouse. They LOVE drafting QBs high. There was not any doubt that Carson Palmer was going to be their pick. They also love tall QBs (6'4" and above). They also love Ohio boys. They value accurate QBs, particularly after the Akili debacle. This pick checks all the boxes.

The Brown family has always felt that the NFL game starts with a franchise QB. Boomer was the highest paid QB in his day. They value and pay for franchise QBs.
    You really couldn't draw it up any better, I don't think there's any doubt what they are going to do here.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I feel like he has already had a ton of final exams, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Miss State, Oklahoma etc - all full of NFL ready defensive players. I don't really need to see anything else from him.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

12. Likes:

reds77 (01-08-2020)

I feel like he has already had a ton of final exams, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Miss State, Oklahoma etc - all full of NFL ready defensive players. I don't really need to see anything else from him.
    I think Ohio State would have been a better final exam especially going against Chase Young. But we will never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

bucksfan2 (01-08-2020)

Congrats to Darrin Simmons and his new contract after leading the Bengals' Special Teams Units to the #1 Overall DVOA ranking for this season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

He should do fine. Clemson's not all that..if OSU qb Fields had healthy legs, they beat Clemson easily, even with the lousy reffing. IMO.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/202...ye-joe-burrow/

Bengals have been scouting Burrow since last year....

I do love the title Director of College Scouting, sounds very official until you realize the Bengals have like 2 scouts.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/202...ye-joe-burrow/

Bengals have been scouting Burrow since last year....

I do love the title Director of College Scouting, sounds very official until you realize the Bengals have like 2 scouts.
    Same 'ol snake oil...

Name:  The-Three-Stooges-legacy-Moe-Larry-Curly.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  41.5 KB

I don't think Mike Brown would mess it up. I wish Mike Brown was in charge as I'm 100% confident he would get this right. Every action from the Bengals since 13 months ago demonstrates that he relinquished operational control to his heirs and is simply there in an advisory role. I like what Mike Brown did the last dozen years before 13 months ago when actions from Ownership took an about face from what had trended for the previous dozen years.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

OL Creed Humphrey returning to Oklahoma. He was the most common name I saw being projected as the Bengals 2nd round pick.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?