Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    So Mel Kiper has his new mock out today and the Bengals going with Josh Jones in the second.

Also suggested the 6’7 Jones could move inside to guard if needed. Can’t really see it.

Also has Denzel Mims going one pick later to Indianapolis. If both players are on the board, who do you go with?

Kenneth Murray and Patrick Queen are gone in the first round.
    I'd rather have Mims but would be happy with Jones. FWIW, Joe Goodberry believes Jones could start at RG and eventually move out to tackle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So Mel Kiper has his new mock out today and the Bengals going with Josh Jones in the second.

Also suggested the 6’7 Jones could move inside to guard if needed. Can’t really see it.

Also has Denzel Mims going one pick later to Indianapolis. If both players are on the board, who do you go with?

Jones is tall but has short arms, which is why some think he would move inside. I'd be happy with either guy there. If Queen or Murray aren't there, I want somebody that will make life better for Burrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the Bengals expecting a Joe Mixon holdout?
    Signs point to yes.

By John Sheeran@John__Sheeran

"The recent reports are true: the Bengals want to sign running back Joe Mixon to a contract extension. But if Mixon is expecting that to look like the deal Panthers’ All-Pro Christian McCaffery just signed, he’s got another thing coming to him.

Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic recently wrote that the Bengals aren’t necessarily focused on drafting a running back in next week’s NFL Draft but are “prepared for a holdout” from Mixon if they can’t agree to a deal before training camp begins (if it begins, that is).

This would help verify the report that the Bengals are closer to finalizing a deal for A.J. Green then they are with Mixon."

The laughing stock franchise of the NFL continues apace.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Signs point to yes.

"The recent reports are true: the Bengals want to sign running back Joe Mixon to a contract extension. But if Mixon is expecting that to look like the deal Panthers’ All-Pro Christian McCaffery just signed, he’s got another thing coming to him.

Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic recently wrote that the Bengals aren’t necessarily focused on drafting a running back in next week’s NFL Draft but are “prepared for a holdout” from Mixon if they can’t agree to a deal before training camp begins (if it begins, that is).

This would help verify the report that the Bengals are closer to finalizing a deal for A.J. Green then they are with Mixon."

How does this report reflect nevatively on the franchise?

Mixon is a grown man. He can choose to renegotiate his contract if he wants. The Bengals can choose to renegotiate with him or not. There's nothing negative about this. Bengals have a number they are OK with. They also have a principle in the past that they would never ever consider listening to someone who wants to renegotiate. Mixon saw the franchise spend $152M. He is about to make $2M. He feels he's earned more. Good luck to him. RB's are a dime-a-dozen right now. He has no bargaining power. If I were him, I wouldn't take a penny less than being paid 50% of all RB money that the Bengals pay out, whatever that number happens to be.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-16-2020 at 03:44 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (04-16-2020)

Josh Jones won't get past #22.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Signs point to yes.

Puzzled by this take especially with the recent cuts of high cost running backs...

I think the team wants Mixon back but has a number they want him back at and paying him 16 million per season would be insane.

What number would you be willing to give considering running backs are fairly easy to find in the draft...

I would offer him 4 for 40 and I think that might be a bit of an overpay...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Puzzled by this take especially with the recent cuts of high cost running backs...

I think the team wants Mixon back but has a number they want him back at and paying him 16 million per season would be insane.

What number would you be willing to give considering running backs are fairly easy to find in the draft...

I would offer him 4 for 40 and I think that might be a bit of an overpay...
    I agree w/ 4/40. Although I think they still would regret that 4th year.

Personally, I find Mixon hard to root for anyway. I wouldn't care if they let him walk. Maybe replace him with someone who doesn't punch women in the face.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I agree w/ 4/40. Although I think they still would regret that 4th year.

Personally, I find Mixon hard to root for anyway. I wouldn't care if they let him walk. Maybe replace him with someone who doesn't punch women in the face.
    That film is tough to get past isn't it...4 for 40 was what Goodberry talked about today and I would be ok with it mostly due to his age, he's relatively young, and has done well for the team off and on the field.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 04-16-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    That film is tough to get past isn't it...4 for 40 was what Goodberry talked about today and I would be ok with it mostly due to his age, he's relatively young, and has done well for the team off and on the field.
    It really is. I mean, I get all of it. He was young. He's been a model citizen and a heck of a football player since.

I just can't erase that out of my head. Him punching that chick and her going down like a ragdoll. I'm sorry I even watched it in the first place.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

Todd Gack (04-17-2020)

It really is. I mean, I get all of it. He was young. He's been a model citizen and a heck of a football player since.

I just can't erase that out of my head. Him punching that chick and her going down like a ragdoll. I'm sorry I even watched it in the first place.
    Same. We can move on. Mixon's not worth it for multiple reasons.

And let's say we give him a new contract. The guy is going to become complacent again. Who knows if he's not going to punch another woman. But he's a model citizen because he knows he's lucky to have been drafted in the first place. Now that he'll get his big contract, chances of him doing something stupid again will invariably get higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Same. We can move on. Mixon's not worth it for multiple reasons.

And let's say we give him a new contract. The guy is going to become complacent again. Who knows if he's not going to punch another woman. But he's a model citizen because he knows he's lucky to have been drafted in the first place. Now that he'll get his big contract, chances of him doing something stupid again will invariably get higher.
    I'm of the opinion that football players aren't boy scouts. It's a violent game.

I think they should let him walk. But not because he punched that girl in the face. It's because NFL RBs are a dime a dozen. Put that money into offensive linemen that can open holes, and a serviceable RB who can pass block and not fumble, does the job just fine.

I'd let Green walk too. For years, I thought Green had the slight edge over Julio Jones. They were drafted same year.

But it's all Jones now and has been for the past 2 years.

So if Mixon holds out, does D’Andre Swift or Jonathan Taylor come into play at 33?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'd let Green walk too. For years, I thought Green had the slight edge over Julio Jones. They were drafted same year.

But it's all Jones now and has been for the past 2 years.
    Green has had a run of bad luck...his foot/ankle issues are a concern going forward. It really depends on what the numbers are being bandied about and what you get in the draft. If they take a wide out in the 2nd round I could see them letting him play it out or dealing him at the deadline.

So if Mixon holds out, does D’Andre Swift or Jonathan Taylor come into play at 33?
    Speculation from Dehner at this point...Mixon and his agent have said nothing about a hold out, and the way the CBA is written I doubt he would hold out and lose service time.

Turn Off Ads?