If I'm ranking Bengals QBs, it has to be
    Palmer
    Esiason
    Anderson
    Dalton
    a big what-if with Cook
    Blake

...and then a whole bunch of mediocre.
    I would rank Boomer first, followed by Anderson and then Palmer. For the top two, leading the team to a Super Bowl counts for a lot.

1. Esiason
    2. Anderson
    3. Palmer
    4. Dalton
    5. Cook
    6. Blake
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

If the Bengals don’t take Burrow, I’m done.

4. Likes:

HammerTime (01-14-2020),Plus Plus (01-14-2020),Redsfaithful (01-14-2020),Spanky (01-17-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    If the Bengals don’t take Burrow, I’m done.
    Me as well.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

HammerTime (01-14-2020),Plus Plus (01-14-2020),Redsfaithful (01-14-2020)

If Mike, or his progeny, are any type of business people at all, I think they would see that initial investments (Burrow's cost) will be well over-shadowed by increased sales of an improved product people want (to see). It's just good business.

You pass over Burrows - WHEN YOU NEED A QB - the team won't have to move, but you will (LOL)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

En route to the single greatest QB season in college football history, Burrow and LSU beat Florida, Alabama, Auburn , Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and Clemson.

In the sec title game and the two playoff games against Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson alone Burrow threw for 16 TDs and 0 INT and almost 1500 yards.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

PFF suggesting the Ravens should target AJ Green this off-season if the Bengals let him go.

When Mike Brown looks at Joe Burrow he sees $$$$$$$...no way he passes on this kid.

After the first 10 mins I thought we had jinxed him with that junk defense Clemson was playing...kid is legit.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    PFF suggesting the Ravens should target AJ Green this off-season if the Bengals let him go.
    They would have traded him if they were letting him go, he's getting a new deal or franchised.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

12. Likes:

GAC (01-15-2020),Sea Ray (01-14-2020)

I don't know anything about scouting football talent, but as a long time fan of the Bengals I do know that Mike Brown and family are just terrible owners. Their choices for running a franchise make the Bengals one of the worst professional sport organizations. I'm hopeful Burrow is the kind of player that transcends bad ownership in that his talents can lead the Bengals to only winning. I hope the Bengals take him #1. If he fails, then so be it, but since he's a QB he's worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    I don't know anything about scouting football talent, but as a long time fan of the Bengals I do know that Mike Brown and family are just terrible owners. Their choices for running a franchise make the Bengals one of the worst professional sport organizations. I'm hopeful Burrow is the kind of player that transcends bad ownership in that his talents can lead the Bengals to only winning. I hope the Bengals take him #1. If he fails, then so be it, but since he's a QB he's worth taking.
    He might be the light bulb moment that the Brown's need...Mike is 85 he isn't getting any younger.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    All the more reason not to let him go. No way they "let him go". Why let him go for free when this year a team has both the transition tag and the franchise tag available to use? The media are idiots for even proposing that the Bengals would let AJ walk away free

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Let’s put it this way,

If Mike Brown, Vince Tobin, etc are wrong on Joe Burrow, then we are all wrong.

I don’t know of anyone who posts on this board who is still skeptical of taking Burrow for fear that he won’t pan out. It’s mostly to get extra value out of the pick but even then I’ve never seen a prospect that the fan base has generally rallied behind the Bengals taking.

Local kid, good head on his shoulders, shattered records while winning the Heisman in one of the toughest conferences and schedules in the nation. He checks all the boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I would rank Boomer first, followed by Anderson and then Palmer. For the top two, leading the team to a Super Bowl counts for a lot.

1. Esiason
    2. Anderson
    3. Palmer
    4. Dalton
    5. Cook
    6. Blake
    Kenny Anderson is the only QB in the history of the Bengals who deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He lead the NFL in passer rating 4 times, passing percentage 3 times, yards per attempt twice, went to four Pro Bowls, was a league MVP. Anderson is as deserving of the HOF as Dan Fouts. He is the best QB in Bengals history, a distinction that I hope he soon loses to Joe Burrow.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

18. Likes:

Big Klu (01-14-2020),GAC (01-15-2020),pedro (01-15-2020),redsfandan (01-14-2020),UKFlounder (01-14-2020)

Like someone mentioned on Twitter, the Bengals should have a billboard with the photo of Burrow smoking the cigar hanging outside PBS, telling fans to buy tickets. I don't even care that he hates Skyline.

Do any of you Bengal fans now regret how this year went? Do any of you wish AJ and others hadn't gotten hurt and played? Anyone wish Finley hadn't given away the Oakland/Pittsburgh games? If we'd scripted this year it couldn't have gone any better. Seriously. Aren't you glad we didn't go 6-10?

Turn Off Ads?