Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 953

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

  1. #196
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    28,440

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Kenny Anderson is the only QB in the history of the Bengals who deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He lead the NFL in passer rating 4 times, passing percentage 3 times, yards per attempt twice, went to four Pro Bowls, was a league MVP. Anderson is as deserving of the HOF as Dan Fouts. He is the best QB in Bengals history, a distinction that I hope he soon loses to Joe Burrow.
    I'm totally OK with flip-flopping Esiason and Anderson. I had Boomer ahead of him mainly because I have more vivid memories of him. But my point was that they should be #1 and #2 on any Bengals All-time QB list.

    Boomer also had a pretty good resume -- league MVP, four Pro Bowls, led the NFL in yards per attempt twice and QB rating once, while the overall strength at the QB position league-wide was probably stronger. But on reflection, Anderson is probably most deserving of the #1 spot, with Esiason #2.

    Agreed that hopefully Joey Burrow passes them all some day.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 01-14-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  2. Likes:

    RedsBaron (01-14-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #197
    Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    881

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Joe Burrow is a superstar.
    Hard to not be excited about him.

  5. #198
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Couple interesting points from FS1 today:

    --Colin Cowherd "announced" that Baker Mayfield is now the 4th best QB in the division and that he and the Browns missed out on a great yr to capitalize on a down division...the Bengals were horrible, the Steelers were down to 3rd or 4th QB...

    --Joel Klatt said that if Trevor Lawrence was coming out this yr, he thinks the choice for the Bengals should be Joe Burrow. Says that Lawrence has accuracy problems and looked rattled vs a far worse defense than what Joe Burrow faced. He also says that Zach Taylor's system should fit Burrow's skills to a "T". Compared Burrow to Joe Montana and raved about how other GMs in the NFL were texting last night about what a catchable ball Burrow throws.

    Good stuff

  6. #199
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,540

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Hows this for a Burrow comp?

    Ben Roethlisberger.

    I think Big Ben would have been the first overall pick had he played at a Power 5 college. Playing at Miami hurt his visibility.

    He can shred defenses in the pocket but can also create on the run like Roethlisberger.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  7. Likes:

    Chip R (01-14-2020),Hoosier Red (01-15-2020)

  8. #200
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Couple interesting points from FS1 today:

    --Colin Cowherd "announced" that Baker Mayfield is now the 4th best QB in the division and that he and the Browns missed out on a great yr to capitalize on a down division...the Bengals were horrible, the Steelers were down to 3rd or 4th QB...

    --Joel Klatt said that if Trevor Lawrence was coming out this yr, he thinks the choice for the Bengals should be Joe Burrow. Says that Lawrence has accuracy problems and looked rattled vs a far worse defense than what Joe Burrow faced. He also says that Zach Taylor's system should fit Burrow's skills to a "T". Compared Burrow to Joe Montana and raved about how other GMs in the NFL were texting last night about what a catchable ball Burrow throws.

    Good stuff
    Would have been interesting. Lawrence is three years younger than Burrow and I wonder how much that could have impacted the Bengals.

  9. #201
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Hows this for a Burrow comp?

    Ben Roethlisberger.

    I think Big Ben would have been the first overall pick had he played at a Power 5 college. Playing at Miami hurt his visibility.

    He can shred defenses in the pocket but can also create on the run like Roethlisberger.
    Not that Burrow is small, but Ben is a lot bigger. A lot of his ability to extend plays comes from shaking off tackles vs. eluding them or running.

  10. #202
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Lawrence's skill set plays to the NFL game... good height, will grow into his frame, can run if needed, good arm. I don't think he has Burrows accuracy or ability to read defenses as well but that is nitpicking...there will be plenty of tank teams next season.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  11. #203
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,201

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Hows this for a Burrow comp?

    Ben Roethlisberger.

    I think Big Ben would have been the first overall pick had he played at a Power 5 college. Playing at Miami hurt his visibility.

    He can shred defenses in the pocket but can also create on the run like Roethlisberger.
    I think Lawrence is a good comp for Big Ben. More agile that given credit for, big arm and a big body.

  12. Likes:

    Chip R (01-14-2020)

  13. #204
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Hows this for a Burrow comp?

    Ben Roethlisberger.

    I think Big Ben would have been the first overall pick had he played at a Power 5 college. Playing at Miami hurt his visibility.

    He can shred defenses in the pocket but can also create on the run like Roethlisberger.
    Not a good comp IMO. Ben is not a west coast guy who throws to a spot. He drops back, looks for the open guy and heaves it. Ben is kinda in a group all by himself

  14. #205
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,540

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Not that Burrow is small, but Ben is a lot bigger. A lot of his ability to extend plays comes from shaking off tackles vs. eluding them or running.
    Joe Burrow: 6’4, 216 lbs
    Ben Roethlisberger: 6’5, 241 lbs

    That’s probably being generous on Burrow but its Wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  15. #206
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Joe Burrow: 6’4, 216 lbs
    Ben Roethlisberger: 6’5, 241 lbs

    That’s probably being generous on Burrow but its Wikipedia.
    After seeing Ben on the sidelines this year i think he eats 241lbs every night.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  16. Likes:

    BuckeyeRed27 (01-14-2020),Hillsdale87 (01-14-2020),North (01-14-2020),RedsBaron (01-19-2020),Redsfaithful (01-14-2020),WVRed (01-14-2020)

  17. #207
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Since it's almost a certainty that Burrow will be the pick do the Bengals HAVE to wait to give him a playbook? If so, how long?
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

  18. Likes:

    Kingspoint (01-14-2020)

  19. #208
    Go Reds Go! UKFlounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    I don’t know what they can do if he attends the Senior Bowl, but my guess is they will be limited in what they can do at least until the start of the league year, which I think is usually early March.



    Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Since it's almost a certainty that Burrow will be the pick do the Bengals HAVE to wait to give him a playbook? If so, how long?

  20. #209
    We have a pool and a pond Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A pond is good for you.
    Posts
    1,793

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I don’t know what they can do if he attends the Senior Bowl, but my guess is they will be limited in what they can do at least until the start of the league year, which I think is usually early March.
    Otherwise, the NFL might punish them. Like they did the Patriots for taping the Bengals sideline.

    Yep. If I'm the Bengals, Burrow would already have the playbook to study.
    He said he was curious about the crowd but didn’t want to stay and talk. “I’m heading out,” he said. “This is a super-spreader event.”

  21. #210
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    514

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Some commentary on the Burrow arm strength thing:

    CFP Coaches Film Room sheds light on Joe Burrow question mark
    Jeff Hafley and Mike Gundy put narrative about Joe Burrow’s lack of arm strength to bed
    By Matt Minich@CoachMinich Jan 14, 2020, 12:38pm EST

    https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/1/1...-football-news
    Last edited by North; 01-15-2020 at 02:03 AM.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator