Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Well, with that position, Marvin's complete lack of time management skills won't hurt the team.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am now strongly considering going to the draft. Only hesitation came from my very smart wife who asked - and she's not wrong - if I needed to be worried about jinxing the pick of Burrow if I go in person...

Fair concern.
    Just a hypothetical question (if you do attend). If for some strange, weird, whatever reason the Bengals don't draft Burrows ...

are we gonna see you on TV? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Redsfaithful (02-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I do think they need to nail this draft, not just the #1 overall pick, but also the the 2nd - 5th round picks. They need to help the team through free agency, and as someone mentioned, they own the #1 waiver wire spot until some point during next year, they need to build depth that way.
    And when your organization shies away from free agency/market (for the most part) there is no room for error in the draft. You have to nail every one because that's primarily where you're playing your marbles, hedging your bets. It's a "limitation", a stiff-necked approach, that has hurt (hindered) this organization IMO. They've lost far more valuable players to the market then they've signed.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Just a hypothetical question (if you do attend). If for some strange, weird, whatever reason the Bengals don't draft Burrows ...

are we gonna see you on TV? LOL
    My desire to not be a meme would argue against that possibility. Also, there's supposedly a lot of Bengals fans making the sojourn. I will let someone else's anguish be twitter fodder in that horrible scenario and comfort myself at the hold 'em tables...
    Last edited by membengal; 02-05-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

8. Likes:

GAC (02-06-2020)

Official - I am going. I have booked the flights and the hotel. Got half on each due to points. Here we go. My lifelong bad luck jinx versus the Bengals doing the right thing and the national media trying to stir up trouble. What could possibly go wrong????

Also, if anyone on here ends up there, send me a message and let's watch the pick together. Or get drunk if it goes wrong.
    Last edited by membengal; 02-05-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

10. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-05-2020),GAC (02-06-2020),Kingspoint (02-05-2020),North (02-05-2020),Redsfaithful (02-05-2020),ScotlandRed (02-05-2020),Todd Gack (02-05-2020),UKFlounder (02-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    No mention of Hue? Marvin probably told him to just wait in the car.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

North (02-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    And when your organization shies away from free agency/market (for the most part) there is no room for error in the draft. You have to nail every one because that's primarily where you're playing your marbles, hedging your bets. It's a "limitation", a stiff-necked approach, that has hurt (hindered) this organization IMO. They've lost far more valuable players to the market then they've signed.
    Free agency in football has come a long way recently. Trying to build through free agency is a fools errand, especially if you go into it trying to find your cornerstone player. The way football is structure today, most top tier FA's end up playing their productive years with one organization. I think where teams are successful in free agency is adding depth, adding starters, adding players who may not be top tier, but can have an impact in the scheme they run.

The Bengals have been beyond bad over the past few years in identifying free agent players to fill holes in their roster. When they were successful, they added to the depth of their roster with some free agent signings. Over the past years, they have tried to plug several gaps with guys who just weren't any good.

Jeremy Rauch
    @FOX19Jeremy
    A text from Joe Burrow's dad on the continuing thought that Joe might not want to go No. 1 (to a certain team):

"Not sure where that information is coming from. We are excited Joe has put himself in a position to be considered a possible high draft choice."
    @fox19

15. Likes:

Redsfaithful (02-06-2020)

Jeremy Rauch
    @FOX19Jeremy
    A text from Joe Burrow's dad on the continuing thought that Joe might not want to go No. 1 (to a certain team):

"Not sure where that information is coming from. We are excited Joe has put himself in a position to be considered a possible high draft choice."
    @fox19
    Hey dad, Joe Burrow basically said it himself.
    Dan Patrick: Is being #1 or to the right team more important to you?
    Joe Burrow said: "Combination of both. You know you want to go #1 but you also want to go to a great organization that's committed to winning and committed to winning Super Bowls."
    I think everyone has pretty much agreed that the Bengals aren't committed to winning Super Bowls, correct?

No. But sorry that the Burrow family is stepping on your hate mike brown wankfest.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Hey dad, Joe Burrow basically said it himself.

I think everyone has pretty much agreed that the Bengals aren't committed to winning Super Bowls, correct?
    That's what Joe said?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

It was not.

Eric Dickerson was on Cowherd's show and said the Bungles have always been the Bungles. He said Burrow's career will go nowhere if he's a Bengal. Nothing we haven't heard before, but man he was right to the point in saying it.
    Last edited by reds77; 02-05-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

It was not.
    I know this. People are looking for hidden meanings that aren't there.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Official - I am going. I have booked the flights and the hotel. Got half on each due to points. Here we go. My lifelong bad luck jinx versus the Bengals doing the right thing and the national media trying to stir up trouble. What could possibly go wrong????

Also, if anyone on here ends up there, send me a message and let's watch the pick together. Or get drunk if it goes wrong.
    Which uniform will you be wearing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Eric Dickerson was on Cowherd's show and said the Bungles have always been the Bungles. He said Burrow's career will go nowhere if he's a Bengal. Nothing we haven't heard before, but man he was right to the point in saying it.
    Until proven otherwise, he's correct. Same goes for the Detroit Lions.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?