Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Welp, these last two signings scream of “We whiffed on our main objectives it we’ve got to spend it on SOMETHING” signings. The local media and idiots fans will parrot the same. Everyone in Minnesota just spit out their beer reading Waynes’s salary. Reader is more solid but our LB core is still awful. I’m
    I disagree.

Giving Bobby Hart a new contract last offseason falls in line with what you are saying, and i was right there with you.

But these two signings are upgrades to be sure.

They do still have a lot of holes but let's see what happens with Dalton. My concern is, everyone knows the Bengals have to move on from Dalton. So the Bengals won't get any takers and won't release him until the last minute when there is no one good left to use that freed up cap money on.

I'm guessing that's the Bears strategy, anyway. And it will probably work.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Welp, these last two signings scream of “We whiffed on our main objectives it we’ve got to spend it on SOMETHING” signings. The local media and idiots fans will parrot the same. Everyone in Minnesota just spit out their beer reading Waynes’s salary. Reader is more solid but our LB core is still awful. I’m
    I am totally happy for Trae getting paid. He gave the Vikes 5 yrs of professional cornerback play. He was durable, he was a great tackler and he was a pro - never any drama.
    His problem was that he can’t play the ball well. He gives up a too many catches where he has his man covered, but doesn’t play the ball so his man makes the catch. He’s may not be elite, but he is above average, perfect for Minnesota.
    Last edited by Betterread; 03-17-2020 at 09:13 PM.

The Bengals spent money in free agency? Twice? This really must be the apocalypse after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I am totally happy for Trae getting paid. He gave the Vikes 5 yrs of professional cornerback play. He was durable, he was a great tackler and he was a pro - never any drama.
    His problem was that he can’t play the ball well. He gives up a too many catches where he has his man covered, but doesn’t play the ball so his man makes the catch. He’s may not be elite, but he is above average, perfect for Minnesota.
    He's basically Dre, but younger. Maybe a slight upgrade as he's less prone to penalties and a better tackler. He's not going to make them an elite defense, but he's a nice pickup. Reader seems like a solid DT. He was PFF's 4th highest graded DT last year. They paid a lot for them, but the Bengals were likely going to have to overpay slightly, and they have plenty of cap space.

People complain when the Bengals don't spend enough. Then when they spend big, there's still complaining... I'm guessing they'll resign Vigil to pair with Pratt, which I would be ok with as Vigil finished the season pretty well and is a very good coverage linebacker. I'd still want to address it in the draft though, so it would be great if one of Murray or Queen fall to the 2nd round.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-17-2020)

The one thing that is crystal clear: This is an improved effort over last season. So, there's hope.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (03-18-2020)

The play is only used about 12 times a year, but Waynes is one of the best blitzing Corners in the NFL. Maybe the Bengals could incorporate it 20 times with him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Why is Bobby Hart still on the team?

If anyone is wondering, his PFF grade last season was 57.7. That's very bad, btw. Guess he pairs well with their new RG. JB is going to get killed at this point, while Mixon will continue to get hit before he reaches the LOS.

Hopefully, Alex Redmond gets through camp, earns the RG spot, and plays every single snap.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-19-2020 at 04:01 AM.

Jim Turner apparently likes Bobby Hart, per comments from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Why is Bobby Hart still on the team?

If anyone is wondering, his PFF grade last season was 57.7. That's very bad, btw. Guess he pairs well with their new RG. JB is going to get killed at this point, while Mixon will continue to get hit before he reaches the LOS.

Hopefully, Alex Redmond gets through camp, earns the RG spot, and plays every single snap.

Why is Jim Turner still on the team?

Or the NFL for that matter.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Why is Jim Turner still on the team?

Or the NFL for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Jim Turner apparently likes Bobby Hart, per comments from last year.
    Does Bobby hate homosexuals too? Man, I didn't realize how many homophobes we have in our franchise.

Don't worry, plenty of loser Bengals fans rooted for a life loser in Chris Henry so I'm sure they'll be rooting for Joey and Jimmy this off-season too with Zac Taylor leading the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I disagree.

Giving Bobby Hart a new contract last offseason falls in line with what you are saying, and i was right there with you.

But these two signings are upgrades to be sure.

They do still have a lot of holes but let's see what happens with Dalton. My concern is, everyone knows the Bengals have to move on from Dalton. So the Bengals won't get any takers and won't release him until the last minute when there is no one good left to use that freed up cap money on.

I'm guessing that's the Bears strategy, anyway. And it will probably work.
    Reading was the only signing that was "good" and it's a position that we don't need. They're spending a lot of money on tackling CBs. So my guess is that the plan is once they get through the first line of defense, they will have guys back there that will make the tackle after 15 years instead of 35.

Doesn't it seem weird that many Bengals fans will say that one of the strengths of our team last year was our DL and yet we had the worst rush defense in the league? If DL was our strength, what other reason could our issue be on defense? It's obvious it's LB. It just doesn't make sense with these signings. We massively overpay a tackling #2 CB. We could've easily paid Reader and paid Schobert a little more money. All they had to do was guarantee him more money but nah. Let's just give Trae Waynes a lot of money so we can tell people how much we're spending in FA and make it look like we're doing something.

plenty of loser Bengals fans rooted for a life loser in Chris Henry
    Sounds like you're having a bad day, does coming here to post this make you feel better?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Sounds like you're having a bad day, does coming here to post this make you feel better?
    So Chris Henry was a 'winner' in life?

Who flinches first?

Mike Brown (releases Dalton) or Bill Belichick?

Because as soon as Brown releases Dalton, Dalton will be a Patriot.

Turn Off Ads?