Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    So Chris Henry was a 'winner' in life?
    No, he pretty clearly had a rough go of it, I just think you must be having a rough time personally to be going to that topic. There's a whole generation of Bengals fans that have been born since Chris Henry was something to talk about with the Bengals. Been a long time. It seems unhealthy to be fixated on one guy who was very troubled, and kind of strange to indict a fan base for pulling for him well over a decade ago.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (03-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

So Chris Henry was a 'winner' in life?
    Chris Henry was mentally sick and probably suffered from CTE.

Its not a super cool thing to play scoreboard on.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Pointless fact:

On the long pass play where Kimo shredded Palmer's knee, Chris Henry was the one who caught the pass for a big gain.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Pointless fact:

On the long pass play where Kimo shredded Palmer's knee, Chris Henry was the one who caught the pass for a big gain.
    He got hurt on that play, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Yep, underrated part of why that game ended up going so sideways. Understandably overshadowed but he was a big loss also.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    That right! Forgot about that.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    No, he pretty clearly had a rough go of it, I just think you must be having a rough time personally to be going to that topic. There's a whole generation of Bengals fans that have been born since Chris Henry was something to talk about with the Bengals. Been a long time. It seems unhealthy to be fixated on one guy who was very troubled, and kind of strange to indict a fan base for pulling for him well over a decade ago.
    The reason I brought it up is because many Bengals fans will be rooting for Joe Mixon, who is a homophobic, female abuser, and I'm sure someone you should have a problem with. Just like our OL coach.

Notice I didn't bring up Odell Thurman who was truly struggling with drug and alcohol problems. Chris Henry was just an idiot and a WR we ended up taking because our franchise was too cheap to sign guys to fill the void. So we had to end up drafting problem guys like MIXON and Chris Henry because a lot of other teams didn't want to deal with their stupidity because they fell into our laps.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 03-25-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Chris Henry was mentally sick and probably suffered from CTE.

Its not a super cool thing to play scoreboard on.
    How do we know Chris Henry has CTE other than making things up? This is a guy who was arrested while wearing his own jersey. He's just a clown.

How do we know Chris Henry has CTE other than making things up? This is a guy who was arrested while wearing his own jersey. He's just a clown.
    An autopsy revealed that Henry had developed chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) during his playing career due to repetitive hits to the head.[1] Because CTE can only be diagnosed in an autopsy and Henry was still active in the NFL when he died, Henry represented the first case where an active player had died and could be diagnosed with CTE.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_...wide_receiver)

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-25-2020),Patrick Bateman (03-25-2020),Redsfaithful (03-25-2020)

We use google, we stay topical on what mental health problems look like, we don’t go out of our way to troll discussions, and rather, we actually attempt to participate in good faith conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea.

It still doesn't change my mind for why Chris Henry was a life loser. How many other football players with CTE were arrested wearing their own jersey hanging out with 15 year old girls? How are the two mutually exclusive? Are you guys actually arguing that Henry was this dumb because of CTE?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    We use google, we stay topical on what mental health problems look like, we don’t go out of our way to troll discussions, and rather, we actually attempt to participate in good faith conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You really think Chris Henry was this big of an idiot because of CTE? Are we going to blame CTE for Joe Mixon and Jim Turner being homophobes?

Are you guys actually arguing that Henry was this dumb because of CTE?
    Hopefully, not. He had the maturity of a 5-year old.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

So I guess case closed for the latest blatent cheating by the Patriots.

What a crock. If I was them or any other team, I'd say the door's wide open to cheat however you please.

So, the draft will go on beginning April 23rd. It begins for the Bengals April 24th as they listen to trade offers for the 33rd pick. There are so many players that fit their needs in the 2nd Round that it only makes sense to trade down a handful of picks and pick up an extra quality pick.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?