Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Which is crazy because I would take Dalton over Flacco in a heartbeat.

Dalton, with the right supporting cast, can take you to the playoffs. Maybe all the way. He just can't get pressured, or he folds. Flacco looks like poop now even with a clean pocket.
    Dalton had a couple of good years where he did ok with pressure, and generally, pressure isn't an issue with him because of his quick release. It just doesn't come up that much. But, last year was a disaster, as we knew it would be with that Line and no Green to heave it to.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Dalton had a couple of good years where he did ok with pressure, and generally, pressure isn't an issue with him because of his quick release. It just doesn't come up that much. But, last year was a disaster, as we knew it would be with that Line and no Green to heave it to.
    Agreed. I think last season really damaged Dalton.

A change of scenery really would do wonders for him. But I don't see the value of releasing him if there is no one left to spend that 17 million on. Dalton's a good guy, and could help Burrow out quite a bit. The only way that backfires is if Burrow gets injured early and Andy squeaks out a 5-11 or whatever. On the other hand, If Burrow gets off to a fast start but has an injury that sidelines him briefly, it would be good to have Dalton in there.

I don't think it would be smart to release Dalton at this point.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-06-2020)

Geno Atkins makes NFL 2010s All-Decade team

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/6...ll-decade-team

6. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (04-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Geno Atkins makes NFL 2010s All-Decade team

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/6...ll-decade-team
    Well deserved.

He's had trouble handling the double teams in the past year or two, but before that, he was an absolute beast.

On another team, he'd be a lock for the HOF.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I noticed the same thing.

It has to be the Zac Attack factor, because it sure as heck isn't the Katie/Troy factor.
    Who controls the money, gives the OK? LOL Katie had to be involved in the negotiations/signing of those contracts. Now if they're "backing off" as far as the talent evaluation area, and leaving that to Tobin/Taylor, and coaching staff, then that's possibly a solid sign.

I'm enjoying reading these recent reports and chatter that there are "true believers" within the Bengals, including MB, of Justin Herbert. And that it could be an intelligent move by the Bengals. IMO, no it would not, and it's not gonna happen .... but it's simply sound strategy to look at all candidates.

Not dissing Herbert ... but he's no Burrow IMO.

As for Taylor - You'll know, this draft, upcoming season, whether he is the guy or not. Gotta give him a chance to implement his system and acquire the players, get rid of dead wood.
    Last edited by GAC; 04-07-2020 at 03:56 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-07-2020)

Well deserved.

He's had trouble handling the double teams in the past year or two, but before that, he was an absolute beast.

On another team, he'd be a lock for the HOF.
    He'd be even more impressive if it wasn't for his injury in '13.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    It’s a combination of life factors.

You grow up without privilege, and your not always going to have views that educated people may have, and then you get hit in
    the head a pile of times, and your brain development gets stunted, and even breaks the good things that did happen, and the combination creates a lot of negative consequences.

It’s hard to accurately peg where each of the direct reasons lie for the Chris Henry story, and where in each category we want to blame. Maybe a combo of born with low iq, unfortunate life experiences, low educational opportunities during formative years, and CTE.

Ultimately when you see the same issues over and over, even when the person seems to understand it’s wrong - they have my sympathy, as it just seems the guy didn’t have the fundamental life skills as a well adjusted adult should have. It sucks for everyone involved, and I can’t begin to pretend I lived a day in the life in his shoes to understand why it all happened and why he couldn’t dig himself out of it.

I do know that it’s really easy for people like you to spot down on people like that - and I find your motivations for having this schtick as sad as any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, the entire point of my original post was that the Bengals were put in a position to pick guys like that because our drafting/scouting guys like Henry and homophobic female abusers like Joe Mixon. And we'll sit there cheering on those guys like that come September.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Again, the entire point of my original post was that the Bengals were put in a position to pick guys like that because our drafting/scouting guys like Henry and homophobic female abusers like Joe Mixon. And we'll sit there cheering on those guys like that come September.
    If we're lucky.

Wow...we get it already.. homophobic...homophobic...homophobic...move on or call the bengals front office

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Wow...we get it already.. homophobic...homophobic...homophobic...move on or call the bengals front office
    I called the Bengals Front Office. Or tried to anyway.

Apparently they have their Economy Savings Party Line temporarily suspended, so as to not be charged during this pandemic period of inactivity.

Hobson's been furloughed but he keeps writing articles for some reason.

The thermostat for the heating at the PBS offices, remains off or if cold enough outside, locked at 61 degrees. Until the temperature outside gets warm enough, then the AC is off or locked at 82.

More news later.

15. Likes:

North (04-13-2020)

Hobson's been furloughed but he keeps writing articles for some reason.
    This made me laugh, so spot on.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Gotta keep it light. I'll be happy if there even are games this fall, honestly.

My magic 8 Ball keeps coming up "No."

Same. I can't imagine there will be fans at the games given recent news about how specifically terrible large events are for spread, but I still hope they have some kind of season.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

So Mel Kiper has his new mock out today and the Bengals going with Josh Jones in the second.

Also suggested the 6’7 Jones could move inside to guard if needed. Can’t really see it.

Also has Denzel Mims going one pick later to Indianapolis. If both players are on the board, who do you go with?

Kenneth Murray and Patrick Queen are gone in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?