Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 953

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

  1. #106
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    12,487

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Loving all the hype.
    I am mostly just hoping it is SO obvious that not even Mike Brown can mess it up...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,540

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am mostly just hoping it is SO obvious that not even Mike Brown can mess it up...
    If Mike Brown does mess this up, there are going to be a LOT of upset and pissed off Bengal fans, including myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #108
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    I love the hype too. Of course the final exam is Clemson. How does he do in that one?

  5. #109
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,900

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am mostly just hoping it is SO obvious that not even Mike Brown can mess it up...
    I'm out if they don't take him, unless he blows up his leg next Monday or something. It's already close to pointless, but passing on him would really be the last straw. Getting a franchise QB is the only hope I have left.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  6. Likes:

    membengal (01-08-2020)

  7. #110
    You serious Clark? Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I love the hype too. Of course the final exam is Clemson. How does he do in that one?
    Kinda what I was thinking myself.
    Fake news

  8. #111
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm out if they don't take him, unless he blows up his leg next Monday or something. It's already close to pointless, but passing on him would really be the last straw. Getting a franchise QB is the only hope I have left.
    God knows the Bengals, Mike Brown and Co have their issues but I don't worry about them taking someone else. This is right up their wheelhouse. They LOVE drafting QBs high. There was not any doubt that Carson Palmer was going to be their pick. They also love tall QBs (6'4" and above). They also love Ohio boys. They value accurate QBs, particularly after the Akili debacle. This pick checks all the boxes.

    The Brown family has always felt that the NFL game starts with a franchise QB. Boomer was the highest paid QB in his day. They value and pay for franchise QBs.

  9. Likes:

    Big Red Smokey (01-12-2020)

  10. #112
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,900

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    God knows the Bengals, Mike Brown and Co have their issues but I don't worry about them taking someone else. This is right up their wheelhouse. They LOVE drafting QBs high. There was not any doubt that Carson Palmer was going to be their pick. They also love tall QBs (6'4" and above). They also love Ohio boys. They value accurate QBs, particularly after the Akili debacle. This pick checks all the boxes.

    The Brown family has always felt that the NFL game starts with a franchise QB. Boomer was the highest paid QB in his day. They value and pay for franchise QBs.
    You really couldn't draw it up any better, I don't think there's any doubt what they are going to do here.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  11. #113
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    12,487

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I love the hype too. Of course the final exam is Clemson. How does he do in that one?
    I feel like he has already had a ton of final exams, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Miss State, Oklahoma etc - all full of NFL ready defensive players. I don't really need to see anything else from him.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

  12. Likes:

    reds77 (01-08-2020)

  13. #114
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,540

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I feel like he has already had a ton of final exams, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Miss State, Oklahoma etc - all full of NFL ready defensive players. I don't really need to see anything else from him.
    I think Ohio State would have been a better final exam especially going against Chase Young. But we will never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  14. Likes:

    bucksfan2 (01-08-2020)

  15. #115
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Congrats to Darrin Simmons and his new contract after leading the Bengals' Special Teams Units to the #1 Overall DVOA ranking for this season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  16. #116
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    514

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I love the hype too. Of course the final exam is Clemson. How does he do in that one?
    He should do fine. Clemson's not all that..if OSU qb Fields had healthy legs, they beat Clemson easily, even with the lousy reffing. IMO.

  17. #117
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,832

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/202...ye-joe-burrow/

    Bengals have been scouting Burrow since last year....

    I do love the title Director of College Scouting, sounds very official until you realize the Bengals have like 2 scouts.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  18. #118
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    514

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/202...ye-joe-burrow/

    Bengals have been scouting Burrow since last year....

    I do love the title Director of College Scouting, sounds very official until you realize the Bengals have like 2 scouts.
    Same 'ol snake oil...

    Name:  The-Three-Stooges-legacy-Moe-Larry-Curly.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  41.5 KB

  19. #119
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am mostly just hoping it is SO obvious that not even Mike Brown can mess it up...
    I don't think Mike Brown would mess it up. I wish Mike Brown was in charge as I'm 100% confident he would get this right. Every action from the Bengals since 13 months ago demonstrates that he relinquished operational control to his heirs and is simply there in an advisory role. I like what Mike Brown did the last dozen years before 13 months ago when actions from Ownership took an about face from what had trended for the previous dozen years.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  20. #120
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

    OL Creed Humphrey returning to Oklahoma. He was the most common name I saw being projected as the Bengals 2nd round pick.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator