Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Transactions that need to happen

Dennard - let him walk
    Atkins - need to trade for high draft pick you can get
    Dunlap - need to trade for high draft pick you can get
    Eifert - Resign to same deal as 2019 if not let him walk.
    Green - Tag and trade, He can not play for team in 2020
    Dalton - Trade

Should be able to get at least a couple 2nd round picks and couple 3rd round picks out of this group.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post

Dennard - let him walk
    Dalton - Trade

Should be able to get at least a couple 2nd round picks and couple 3rd round picks out of this group.
    Dunlap posted his highest PFF grade of his career last year. I'd trade him if somebody blows them away with an offer, but I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    What?

Burrow is almost 24 too, AJ green was a fellow rookie, Andrew Whitworth was settling in at LT after switching from guard, and bengals didn’t know yet if that was gonna work out and Tyler Eifert was at notre dame. Let’s not pretend dalton walked into a situation that looked ripe for success, that preseason plenty of people picked them to win about two games...
    I think people forget how surprising that 2011 team was. Bengals had the 4th pick in the draft that year. That team was terrible. And Burrow is at least as pro-ready as Dalton was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I think people forget how surprising that 2011 team was. Bengals had the 4th pick in the draft that year. That team was terrible. And Burrow is at least as pro-ready as Dalton was.

Exactly. And, yes, Burrow is, at the very least, as pro-ready as Dalton was. You and I know that Burrow is, in fact, way more pro-ready than Dalton was...
    Last edited by membengal; 01-16-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post

Dennard - let him walk
    Dalton - Trade

Atkins would be one I would look to move...
    Eifert I think is gone...
    Dennard won't cost much and had little market last year I would try and sign...allows you to cut Dre.
    Green I don't think would get you much he has missed so much time...plus I want to see him work with Burrow.
    Dalton has played his last snap...I think he is headed to NE.
    Dunlap played lights out last 7-8 weeks.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Exactly. And, yes, Burrow is, at the very least, as pro-ready as Dalton was. You and I know that Burrow is, in fact, way more pro-ready than Dalton was...
    Burrow's pocket mobility solves for a lot of other woes too. While it would obviously be awesome to have a great OL, a QB that can move and avoid the rush mitigates that a bit. Russell Wilson has consistently played behind one of the worst OLs in the NFL and yet continues to be extremely effective.

9. Likes:

membengal (01-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Burrow's pocket mobility solves for a lot of other woes too. While it would obviously be awesome to have a great OL, a QB that can move and avoid the rush mitigates that a bit. Russell Wilson has consistently played behind one of the worst OLs in the NFL and yet continues to be extremely effective.
    For damn sure. Let's put it this way, the free rushers up the middle and from the edge that came for Burrow that he way more often than not found a way to avoid and then still look downfield and complete passes? Not a one of those could Dalton have done the same. Not one. It is, ultimately, what held Dalton back from ever becoming more than the demarcation point for an average QB...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    No doubt that Burrow will start. The NFL is a TV entertainment business, and 1st round quarterbacks are their best shiny new toys.
    That they also love to break too.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

12. Likes:

North (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Who are Callahan and Van Pelt?
    Attachment 15549

Callahan: Go ahead. Make my draft.
    Last edited by texasdave; 01-16-2020 at 05:14 PM.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Attachment 15549

Callahan: Go ahead. Make his draft.
    Was it 5 first round busts in a row? Or was it 6? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-16-2020),RiverRat13 (01-17-2020),texasdave (01-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Atkins would be one I would look to move...
    Eifert I think is gone...
    Dennard won't cost much and had little market last year I would try and sign...allows you to cut Dre.
    Green I don't think would get you much he has missed so much time...plus I want to see him work with Burrow.
    Dalton has played his last snap...I think he is headed to NE.
    Dunlap played lights out last 7-8 weeks.
    With his diminishing play and hefty contract, unfortunately, I think most teams would consider that contract a dealbreaker. The Bengals might be able to get a lower round pick if they ate some money, which they rarely do, so they might as well keep him if that's the alternative. It's not as if they have any ready made replacements for him on the roster anyway.

Boss - dalton can be cut with no dead money - freeing up 17 million under the cap. If they can’t deal him he’s most certainly cut.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-16-2020)

Boss - dalton can be cut with no dead money - freeing up 17 million under the cap. If they can’t deal him he’s most certainly cut.
    Whoops - I was referring to Atkins. I now see why that wasn't clear.

The offensive coordinator and qb coach for the Cincinnati Bengals.
    Excuse me then if they did so poorly that I truly didn't know who they were. Seems Katie's discovery of no-name coaching talent has exceeded that of her father's.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Excuse me then if they did so poorly that I truly didn't know who they were. Seems Katie's discovery of no-name coaching talent has exceeded that of her father's.
    QB coach Alex Van Pelt has been around for a long time. Was Aaron Rogers' coach for several years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Van_Pelt

Turn Off Ads?