Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    My prediction is Green signs a 2 or 3 year deal.
    I hope you're right but I'm not seeing it. Bengals will rightfully lowball him due to their concerns that he hasn't proven his health and he will whine to the press that they're disrespecting him

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I hope you're right but I'm not seeing it. Bengals will rightfully lowball him due to their concerns that he hasn't proven his health and he will whine to the press that they're disrespecting him
    If they're not going to spend significantly in free agency then they need to spend the money on Green. They have money to spend, so letting Green go would be a disaster unless they've got other plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I said earlier that Herbert is going to crush the combine and be the guy that everyone is talking about and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up going before Tua. But the Bengals aren’t taking him over Burrow at 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I said earlier that Herbert is going to crush the combine and be the guy that everyone is talking about and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up going before Tua. But the Bengals aren’t taking him over Burrow at 1.
    It’s possible but I see him being more Paxton Lynch than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It’s possible but I see him being more Paxton Lynch than anything.
    I’d be surprised by that. Seems like a Matt Stafford type.

Tua has major health issues. No franchise should have him rated over Herbert.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'm not the least bit worried about it. Although Herbert does have the "combine" skills, he lacks what the Bengals cherish most: accuracy. If you're an NFL nerd like me and you watch a little of the Senior Bowl practices, you'll see what the Bengals' coaches are seeing: a guy who's making his receiver work to catch the ball...even on screens to RBs with no defenders. With no JB on the board they might be tempted. Oregon is not the only thing Herbert has in common with Akili Smith

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Taking Herbert at 1-1 would be the most Bengals thing ever.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Would never happen...no matter how inept the franchise can be sometimes no way Herbert goes before Burrow.

However the thought does often cross my mind as to how they are going to screw this up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

You linked a click bait article that concluded - no - only in the unlikely event they trade down. There’s literally nothing in that article but rank speculation based on obvious quotes that we all knew would happen this week because Herbert is in mobile and burrow is not and bengals coaches can only comment on Herbert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Stop trolling.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You linked a click bait article that concluded - no - only in the unlikely event they trade down. There’s literally nothing in that article but rank speculation based on obvious quotes that we all knew would happen this week because Herbert is in mobile and burrow is not and bengals coaches can only comment on Herbert.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop trolling.
    Not trolling. Just deeply cynical about the Bengals after 30 years of ineptitude.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I get it, but EVERY post from you in here for about a month can't seem to deal in some sort of reality and instead posits the worst possible outcome. You are not the only person who has lived through those years. I just saw a mock draft on sportsline.com that has Herbert in the second round. I think we can sack up a bit and stop assuming the extraordinary worst in every scenario. Since 2003 this team has basically had 2 quarterbacks - so, whatever else their flaws - they properly assessed Palmer and, later, Dalton (for all his flaws). I am pretty damn sure that they will properly assess Burrow and know exactly what they have with him. We already know from Tobin that Callahan and Van Pelt have literally watched every Burrow snap and that Zac is just about there as well. The only thing they haven't done YET is meet with him. And everything we know about Burrow is that there will be zero issues with regard to the interviews. He's smart and he gets it. So, really, I am failing to grasp the need to assume the worst in this particular situation OR to buy into the national talking heads who are filling time by making up scenarios that are not based in reality. There is no need for this board or the fanbase to spend the next ten weeks freaking out over shadows.
    Last edited by membengal; 01-24-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I get it, but EVERY post from you in here for about a month can't seem to deal in some sort of reality. You are not the only person who has lived through those years. I just saw a mock draft on sportsline.com that has Herbert in the second round. I think we can sack up a bit and stop assuming the extraordinary worst in every scenario. Since 2003 this team has basically had 2 quarterbacks. I am pretty damn sure that they will properly assess Burrow and know exactly what they have with him. There is no need for this board or the fanbase to spend the next ten weeks freaking out over shadows.
    Dan is on record many times here predicting that the Bengals will not take Burrow. He will be proven wrong soon enough. Dan is wrong about a lot of things

Turn Off Ads?