Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Actually, it would be the most Bengal thing ever to select Burrow with the 1st pick, and turn down every offer to trade down.

Which in this case is hopefully a good thing.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's 2020, and I am declaring all curses broken. It's a new day, we have a potential franchise QB on the way who just shone brightest on the biggest stages, and fought for years to get to that spot (it didn't come easy for Burrow). I then watched Baltimore and Houston go through Bengals-esque playoff meltdowns (Andy Dalton and Lamar Jackson have the same number of playoff wins). I am here to say, the curse has moved on, they will take Burrow, and better days are ahead. Let's be confident.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

4. Likes:

Benihana (01-24-2020),Hoosier Red (02-03-2020),Redsfaithful (01-24-2020),Sea Ray (01-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It's 2020, and I am declaring all curses broken. It's a new day, we have a potential franchise QB on the way who just shone brightest on the biggest stages, and fought for years to get to that spot (it didn't come easy for Burrow). I then watched Baltimore and Houston go through Bengals-esque playoff meltdowns (Andy Dalton and Lamar Jackson have the same number of playoff wins). I am here to say, the curse has moved on, they will take Burrow, and better days are ahead. Let's be confident.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Dan is on record many times here predicting that the Bengals will not take Burrow. He will be proven wrong soon enough. Dan is wrong about a lot of things
    I'd rather take a genuine stand than post something just to be "provocative."

That said, the point is taken. I've probably gotten a bit excessive about the Bengals. While I reserve my right to post in whatever style I wish (within the forum guidelines), I'll do my best to dial it back.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

GAC (01-25-2020),membengal (01-24-2020),Redsfaithful (01-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'd rather take a stand than post something just to be "provocative."

That said, the point is taken. I've probably gotten a bit excessive about the Bengals. I'll do my best to dial it back.
    I've taken a stand. In case you missed it, I'll repeat it just for you:

The Bengals will definitely take Joe Burrow with the first pick in the draft. I don't think I can take a more definitive stand than that. You are on record as saying that they'll not take Burrow with the #1 pick.

I've taken a stand. In case you missed it, I'll repeat it just for you:

The Bengals will definitely take Joe Burrow with the first pick in the draft. I don't think I can take a more definitive stand than that. You are on record as saying that they'll not take Burrow with the #1 pick.
    Whether I'm right or not seems much more important to you than it is to me. I find that quite curious. For me, I honestly could not care less whether I get this one right or not.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

OK...backing out of this thread for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    There are a couple of hurdles to go

1. Burrow getting hurt tonight.

2. That Mike & Co. get enamored with one of the Senior Bowl quarterbacks, decide he's their man, and trade out of the top spot for value, value, VALUE !!!
    If #1 doesn't happen, then I'd lay money that #2 will. If there's any team that will go to great lengths to sabotage its own success, it's the Bengals.
    #1 didn't happen. Burrow came out of that game healthy. You are on record. I could post more of your predictions that the Bengals will not pick Burrow but I'll spare you and just add one more:

This. Any other organization, and these types of comments wouldn't be concerning. But with the Bengals, here you are.

Speaking of which, the day that Mike Brown said something along the lines of "we're not interested in making other teams better" was the day my interest in the team went from fanatical to perverse. I'm only in it now to see just how badly they will screw this up.
    The Bengals may very well screw up the rest of the draft but they are going to pick Burrow #1. As I've documented many times, it'd be consistent with their history that they'd pick Burrow #1. MB doesn't have to change or "turn over a new leaf" to choose the best QB #1. This is what he's programmed to do.

We don't need you to dial back. Just come up with a new thought. We know where you stand on this

Whether I'm right or not seems much more important to you than it is to me. I find that quite curious. For me, I honestly could not care less whether I get this one right or not.
    If you don't care about the Bengals then why are you here and why have you said sooo many times that the Bengals will screw this up? I don't accuse people of trolling often but to continually come in with the same negative mantra about a subject you don't care much about is the classic definition of trolling behavior. That pretty well checks all the boxes

Lap did a Q&A, covered here:

https://twitter.com/Jake_NFL/status/1220769817034182664

Lap says it's gonna be Burrow and he's always right about this stuff, so that really can be put to bed now. Also confirms they will try to trade Dalton somewhere he can start.

Hobs+Lap's thought summary:
    - Dalton trade likely
    - 1: Burrow
    - 2: Defense, consider trading back depending on how far back
    - FA budget unclear. Hobs doesn't think they'll target tier 1 guys, Lap talks about flexibility with a rookie QB contract
    That $$$ flexibility comment on rookie QB deal is new I think coming from someone close to the Bengals.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

14. Likes:

membengal (01-24-2020)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

FWIW, Bill Lazor is the new OC at Chicago.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

16. Likes:

membengal (01-24-2020)

Since when do the Bengals target tier one free agents anyways? The only question is if this is at Mike Brown’s discretion or Katie’s. If it’s the latter, then I don’t see why the next 30 years would be any different then the last.

18. Likes:

North (01-24-2020)

If you don't care about the Bengals then why are you here and why have you said sooo many times that the Bengals will screw this up? I don't accuse people of trolling often but to continually come in with the same negative mantra about a subject you don't care much about is the classic definition of trolling behavior. That pretty well checks all the boxes
    This is an overreaction. He said he doesn’t care if he gets his prediction right about the pick, not that’s he doesn’t care about the Bengals. And, I would argue that you’d have to be incredibly deranged to spend this much time in a Bengals forum while not being a fan. It’s hard enough discussing them as life long fans, I couldn’t imagine wasting ones time discussing one of the worst franchises in the history of sports just to troll. And last, he and any lifelong Bengal fan has every right to question anything the Bengals do. They’ve proven they will screw it up if possible.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

20. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-24-2020),GAC (01-25-2020),North (01-24-2020)

I'd rather take a genuine stand than post something just to be "provocative."

That said, the point is taken. I've probably gotten a bit excessive about the Bengals. While I reserve my right to post in whatever style I wish (within the forum guidelines), I'll do my best to dial it back.
    I don't care if you're a Bengal or Brown fan .... IMO, that fan has every right to be skeptical and act like they're from Missouri based on their team's decision-making abilities. They rightly earned those titles Bungals and Clowns until they actually prove other wise.

But I actually do see better days for both organizations. At least the "window" is there (as long as they don't shut it themselves with stupidity).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-25-2020 at 03:44 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

22. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I don't care if you're a Bengal or Brown fan .... IMO, that fan has every right to be skeptical and act like they're from Missouri based on their team's decision-making abilities. They rightly earned those titles Bungals and Clowns until they actually prove other wise.

But I actually do see better days for both organizations. At least the "window" is there (as long as they don't shut it themselves with stupidity).
    There is a window, but I wonder how open it will be going up against the Ravens at least until Lamar Jackson gets hurt. I can’t see either team leapfrogging Baltimore currently.

As for Pittsburgh, their window is closing with Roethlisberger and even though they are built on defense this season proves they don’t have a signal caller or any semblance of an offense moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?