Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    "A radio host from Pittsburgh"

His station was really on the outskirts of Pittsburgh though. Not really within city limits.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Could the Bengals have found this years' "steal" to over-draft?

Bengals’ OL staff has high praise for Oregon OT Calvin Throckmorton
    Don’t be shocked if he’s taken off the board early by Cincinnati
    By NathanBeighle Jan 28, 2020, 9:00am EST

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/1/2...n-throckmorton

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Could the Bengals have found this years' "steal" to over-draft?

Bengals’ OL staff has high praise for Oregon OT Calvin Throckmorton
    Don’t be shocked if he’s taken off the board early by Cincinnati
    By NathanBeighle Jan 28, 2020, 9:00am EST

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/1/2...n-throckmorton
    Pretty sure cincy jungle is bored and just throwing crap at the wall. He's rated a 7th round talent.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Pretty sure cincy jungle is bored and just throwing crap at the wall. He's rated a 7th round talent.
    They may well be, but the Bengals have a history of throwing higher picks at crap. That makes them fair game.

7. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (01-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This radio host from Pittsburgh says that the concussion Burfict gave Antonio Brown in the playoffs started his spiral downward and has never been the same since:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ap/4585756002/
    Antonio Browns downward spiral began once everyone took notice of his talent and he became recognized as a true star player in the NFL.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-28-2020),North (01-28-2020),Tony Cloninger (01-28-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Los Angeles Chargers could now be a landing spot for The Red Rifle.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

They may well be, but the Bengals have a history of throwing higher picks at crap. That makes them fair game.
    They have had some stretches but that article was pure supposition piled on wild speculation just to push publish on a post.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Los Angeles Chargers could now be a landing spot for The Red Rifle.
    The GOAT is more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-28-2020)

He plays 4 positions so I get why they wrote the article as the Bengals did love his ability to step in at the last minute during the senior bowl. That being said I can see someone grabbing him during the 5th round.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

15. Likes:

North (01-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The GOAT is more likely.
    Brady as a Raider?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Brady as a Raider?
    LA.

Same reason LeBron moved west. Opportunity to promote TB12 and he and Gisele would fit right in. Not to mention the Chargers need to do something to stay relevant and sell tickets in that monstrosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

At this point any OL the Bengals personnel and scouts think is worth drafting probably is another project that is not very good at all and can’t be developed by them. Don’t trust these guys at all.

They have had some stretches but that article was pure supposition piled on wild speculation just to push publish on a post.
    Like for example Sample from last year? They like to show everyone they are smarter than the average bear by picking guys like this because a coach goes to bat for the player. Some of these bengals coaches have been lousy at scouting because they don’t have time to due better due diligence that a real scout can do during the year.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    LA.

Same reason LeBron moved west. Opportunity to promote TB12 and he and Gisele would fit right in. Not to mention the Chargers need to do something to stay relevant and sell tickets in that monstrosity.
    Las Vegas is close enough. The Raiders training facility won't be in the desert.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Antonio Browns downward spiral began once everyone took notice of his talent and he became recognized as a true star player in the NFL.
    Yep. So what's the excuse for the rest we've seen down the years? Never their fault. Want no personal accountability.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?