Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I admit that I am Mike Brown hater. That said, the comment above couldn’t be further from the truth. It is a Cincinnati thing to play the “woe is me” card (At times, it is hard to believe the endless list of bad luck the fans have gone through), but I don’t know a single Bengal fan that wants them to continue to fail. Any true Bengal fan wants them to turn the corner, put some effort in, and win more on the field. It’s really not that much to ask for. But, until MB is gone, I and many others will continue to complain about him.
    And I agree RH, for the most part. It is an "impression" I was getting just from this particular discussion on Palmer's comments, Burrow, and the Browns. Not an overall assessment. Why?

You got an ex-Bengal QB who, IMO, timed this "revelation" out just perfectly as far as PR momentum. I listened to an interview with Palmer (still trying to find it - NBC Sports?) where he was asked about the timing of his comments during the hype of Super Bowl week? His response was that he's been holding it in for years, and was waiting for the "right moment" to tell-all.

And for what purpose were you waiting for that "right moment" I ask myself in the back of my mind? Especially if it's been "eating at you" for so long.

As I stated. I have huge sympathies for Mike Brown haters. Who isn't one? LOL

My point? You're still a Bengal fan right? You still believe, hold out some level of hope - even in this futility - this team can/will turn it around right? Two "demands" have been met concerning Lewis and Dalton. They're gone.

You hire a new rookie head coach in Zac Taylor. And MB wasn't involved in that decision/hiring. That was Katie & Co.

But you're now in the position with the #1 pick to take a young QB that it's possible doesn't come around that often. All I know is that a lot of teams covet the Bengal's position and want it. That says something.

It's not the point that one agrees with what Palmer is saying. It's what he's trying to achieve, what his objective is (IMO) .... to hurt the Bengals DEEPLY by influencing this kid to think twice, even refuse, to sign with this terrible organization.

If you're a Bengal fan, regardless of what your feelings are of Mike Brown, how can you agree, go along, with what Carson is trying to accomplish? Keep your team from improving itself.

I have no issues with someone who says "Yeah Carson! I agree with you. But shut the **** up because you're not helping matters, nor this team trying to move forward. You seem to have some sort of vendetta to insure it doesn't.

And IMO, every Bengals fan should be opposing Carson. Not for his comments. But what he trying to achieve with them.

Hurt your team!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Change of topic but does ANYBODY know what happened with the whole Bengals / Patriots Spygate Part II thing?
    I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would spy on the '19 Bengals? On how not to do it? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would spy on the '19 Bengals? On how not to do it? LOL
    Good one! Touche!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    And I agree RH, for the most part. It is an "impression" I was getting just from this particular discussion on Palmer's comments, Burrow, and the Browns. Not an overall assessment. Why?

You got an ex-Bengal QB who, IMO, timed this "revelation" out just perfectly as far as PR momentum. I listened to an interview with Palmer (still trying to find it - NBC Sports?) where he was asked about the timing of his comments during the hype of Super Bowl week? His response was that he's been holding it in for years, and was waiting for the "right moment" to tell-all.

And for what purpose were you waiting for that "right moment" I ask myself in the back of my mind? Especially if it's been "eating at you" for so long.

As I stated. I have huge sympathies for Mike Brown haters. Who isn't one? LOL

My point? You're still a Bengal fan right? You still believe, hold out some level of hope - even in this futility - this team can/will turn it around right? Two "demands" have been met concerning Lewis and Dalton. They're gone.

You hire a new rookie head coach in Zac Taylor. And MB wasn't involved in that decision/hiring. That was Katie & Co.

But you're now in the position with the #1 pick to take a young QB that it's possible doesn't come around that often. All I know is that a lot of teams covet the Bengal's position and want it. That says something.

It's not the point that one agrees with what Palmer is saying. It's what he's trying to achieve, what his objective is (IMO) .... to hurt the Bengals DEEPLY by influencing this kid to think twice, even refuse, to sign with this terrible organization.

If you're a Bengal fan, regardless of what your feelings are of Mike Brown, how can you agree, go along, with what Carson is trying to accomplish? Keep your team from improving itself.

I have no issues with someone who says "Yeah Carson! I agree with you. But shut the **** up because you're not helping matters, nor this team trying to move forward. You seem to have some sort of vendetta to insure it doesn't.

And IMO, every Bengals fan should be opposing Carson. Not for his comments. But what he trying to achieve with them.

Hurt your team!
    I hear you hummin’. And, I understand what Carson is doing and why many don’t like him.

I’m of a different opinion though, similar to Bob Sheed. For the Bengals to be better long-term, drastic changes have to be made. These changes won’t happen unless they’re forced to make them, most likely from the NFL. Hence, the reason why I love seeing anything negatively commented about Brown, their history of jock straps, the inside of the stadium, practice facilities, lowest number of scouts, etc. I just hope the NFL steps in again, ala the cap floor, and forces the Bengals to do more. They’re an embarrassment to the league. A laughingstock. The Bengals attendance numbers cost the other owners money. It has to upset them. Maybe, just maybe, if enough negativity comes out of the trenches, more rules will be set in place for the bottom feeders of the NFL. That’s the hope I'm banking on because Burrow alone can’t change it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

The league is not going to step in and do anything about the Bengals when they aren't even close to the most embarrassingly run team in the NFL. The Browns are worse, the Dolphins have been awful, the Jaguars went to a conference championship recently and are still more of a trainwreck, the Redskins are worse. I'm not going to go all the way down the list, but it's a ridiculous thing to hope for.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The league is not going to step in and do anything about the Bengals when they aren't even close to the most embarrassingly run team in the NFL. The Browns are worse, the Dolphins have been awful, the Jaguars went to a conference championship recently and are still more of a trainwreck, the Redskins are worse. I'm not going to go all the way down the list, but it's a ridiculous thing to hope for.
    Uhhh, what makes the Bengals the worst franchise is that we've had first round draft picks buy towels for the rest of the team because we're too cheap to buy it for them. Tony Siragusa flew COACH on a free agent trip. Talk about playoff appearances all you want, but it's almost an accident that we were embarrassed for 5 straight years in the playoffs. In fact, we would've been better off losing like the Browns. We haven't done anything more than they want. Well, I guess unless you want to count going to the s tore to buy your AFC North Championship t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Uhhh, what makes the Bengals the worst franchise is that we've had first round draft picks buy towels for the rest of the team because we're too cheap to buy it for them. Tony Siragusa flew COACH on a free agent trip. Talk about playoff appearances all you want, but it's almost an accident that we were embarrassed for 5 straight years in the playoffs. In fact, we would've been better off losing like the Browns. We haven't done anything more than they want. Well, I guess unless you want to count going to the s tore to buy your AFC North Championship t-shirt.
    lol right, the NFL is going to punish the Bengals for things that happened decades ago

Do you guys listen to yourselves?

lol right, the NFL is going to punish the Bengals for things that happened decades ago

Of course you're right.

The area that Mike Brown really handicaps his own franchise is with non-cap related expenditures, and I don't know how the NFL could possibly mandate that.

Scouts
    Indoor Facility
    Proper Coaches
    An Engaged Front Office
    An environment conducive to winning

Even the scratchy toilet paper.

It all adds up to 30+ years without a playoff win, and absolutely nothing has changed, unless change has been forced upon him.

And I agree, no way they can force him to change anything listed above.

Which, I might add, is what guys like Carson Palmer are warning Joe Burrow about.

The analogy I always think of, is this:

What if you found a box that just printed money, no matter what you did. With one stipulation: You have to deposit at least 200 dollars into the box each year.

So how much would you deposit into the box each year?

Depends on who you are. If you already have other boxes that print money, and if this box had the potential to provide you with more entertainment, the more money you put into it, then you might put quite a bit more than 200 dollars into that box.

But if that box is all you have, and you don't care about the entertainment that the box could potentially provide, then yeah, you're not putting a penny more than 200 dollars into that box. Because there is absolutely zero incentive to do so.

The above analogy is Mike Brown 101, right there. And it's why the Bengals will continue to be at a disadvantage compared to just about every other NFL team.

Which, AGAIN, I might add, is what guys like Carson Palmer are warning Joe Burrow about.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 02-11-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

It's one thing to be very cheap. It's another to be completely incompetent. It's Bengaldom to be both. None of those other teams are like the Bengals. None.

Go run with that argument and complain to everyone in the national media who wonders if the Bengals are serious about winning.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 02-11-2020 at 06:33 PM.

None of those other teams are like the Bengals. None.
    Yeah, some of those teams wish they were as successful as the Bengals have been this century.

The Browns won like 35 games in the 2010s lol

That's actually hard to do, and think about that as a fan, sprinkling those wins over a 10 year period. So fun! Better towels would have fixed it I bet.

Yeah, some of those teams wish they were as successful as the Bengals have been this century.

That's actually hard to do, and think about that as a fan, sprinkling those wins over a 10 year period. So fun! Better towels would have fixed it I bet.
    Mike Brown has been laughing at Bengals fans like you for 3 decades. He's done the bare minimum and still won more than the Browns and yet, that is somehow supposed to make me feel better? Think about what if Mike Brown had an oz of competence or integrity to actually try and win by opening his check book. I honestly can't believe we actually have Bengals fans like you and on Twitter saying "Hey man, the Browns are worse than us!"

Congrats to us fans for winning more regular season games than the Browns.

I knew when I typed it, you'd focus on the towels.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Mike Brown has been laughing at Bengals fans like you for 3 decades. He's done the bare minimum and still won more than the Browns and yet, that is somehow supposed to make me feel better? Think about what if Mike Brown had an oz of competence or integrity to actually try and win by opening his check book. I honestly can't believe we actually have Bengals fans like you and on Twitter saying "Hey man, the Browns are worse than us!"

Congrats to us fans for winning more regular season games than the Browns.
    "We're number 31!!! Not 32!!!! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!!111"

15. Likes:

Todd Gack (02-12-2020)

No, they’re not. Obviously. The one area where there’s a chance for change is the pitiful Bengals attendance numbers. That’s revenue lost for the owners. If they continue to be last in the league and way below everyone else, I wonder if the league would step in and give a little kick in the behind.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

17. Likes:

Redsfaithful (02-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    No, they’re not. Obviously. The one area where there’s a chance for change is the pitiful Bengals attendance numbers. That’s revenue lost for the owners. If they continue to be last in the league and way below everyone else, I wonder if the league would step in and give a little kick in the behind.
    Not a chance. And the league wouldn't need to do anything. The Bengals would leave town. 2026.

Turn Off Ads?