Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/1...r-bengals-news

Lots of current and former Bengals standing up for the team, including Solomon Wilcots, who seems to feel his comments were taken out of perspective.

This whole thing has gotten out of control. The Bengals are not a good organization, but this is also not the 90s Bengals. Mike Brown may be up there with Snyder and Ford as the worst owners, but there is no recent history to suggest that going to the Bengals is going to kill your career. The Bengals are no worse than 10 other organizations. Again, that's not glowing praise by any means, but it's reality.

And as bad as the owner may be, a good coach and QB fix 90% of the problems. QB failures are generally on the coach or the player, not the personnel guy. If Taylor is a good coach and Burrow is a top 10 QB, the Bengals will be a consistent playoff team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    Panthers fan...

What would the Bengals response be if the Panthers offered Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey for the #1 pick?
    Throw in the Panthers entire 2020 draft and #1s in 2021 and 2022 and it’s a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hobson:

The media will not get off the narrative of "Joe Burrow should refuse to play for the Bengals.. What do you think the Bengals could do to erase that narrative? (Re-sign AJ, free agency)? Sam Weaver, Amelia, OH

SAM: Is the media saying that? Or are other teams getting the media to say that? Most likely the latter.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

This thread really should be a Hobson-free zone.

20+ years of garbage propaganda from that guy.

Lemme guess... The Bengals are "right near the cap and will go to war with what they have."

Pre cap-floor, aka the Mike Brown Rule, that was his annual horse poop.

Now it's "all 31 of the other teams orchastrating the Bengal hate"

Ranks right up there with blaming bad luck for the 30 year playoff win drought.

If only we could find a common thread in all of it! Nothing jumps out to me, I blame the fans.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 02-19-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-19-2020)

Dear Geoff,

"How old were you the last time the Bengals won a playoff game? Were you even born yet?"

Signed, Bob

------

BOB: Is it a 30 year playoff victory drought? Or are other teams getting the media to say that? Most likely the latter. -Geoff
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Dear Geoff,

Over the past 30 years of futility can you think of anything that has remained constant within the organization, that could possibly be to blame?

Signed, Bob

------

BOB: Has there really been anything constant within the organization that could possibly be to blame? Or are other teams getting the media to say that? Most likely the latter. -Geoff

I can't post this in the no negative things about b'gals thread. That prior restraint one that a poster insisted upon.

..."As mentioned above, part of the reason the Bengals aren’t active in outside unrestricted free agency is because it negatively affects the compensatory pick formula. Cincinnati has made a commitment to the draft-and-develop approach, for better or worse, so the hoarding of day three picks is essential to their roster-building process.

Common sense tells us the team will net more than the seven picks they currently hold for the 2020 class. Even so, they want picks in what is a rebuild under Zac Taylor over the next couple of seasons.

The money used towards late day two and day three picks is also substantially lower than that of outside free agents. We hate to use the term “cheap labor”, but it’s almost apropos here."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/1...-news-aj-green
    Last edited by North; 02-20-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/1...r-bengals-news

Lots of current and former Bengals standing up for the team, including Solomon Wilcots, who seems to feel his comments were taken out of perspective.

This whole thing has gotten out of control. The Bengals are not a good organization, but this is also not the 90s Bengals. Mike Brown may be up there with Snyder and Ford as the worst owners, but there is no recent history to suggest that going to the Bengals is going to kill your career. The Bengals are no worse than 10 other organizations. Again, that's not glowing praise by any means, but it's reality.

And as bad as the owner may be, a good coach and QB fix 90% of the problems. QB failures are generally on the coach or the player, not the personnel guy. If Taylor is a good coach and Burrow is a top 10 QB, the Bengals will be a consistent playoff team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Carson's whole point is that Mike isn't committed to winning a championship. Sure, any team/franchise can "win" with a QB. God knows the Browns have sucked at that. But if given the chance, you can bet they'd try like crazy to win a Super Bowl.

I don't believe Mike Brown really wants to win.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I can't post this in the no negative things about b'gals thread. That prior restraint one that a poster insisted upon.

..."As mentioned above, part of the reason the Bengals aren’t active in outside unrestricted free agency is because it negatively affects the compensatory pick formula. Cincinnati has made a commitment to the draft-and-develop approach, for better or worse, so the hoarding of day three picks is essential to their roster-building process.

Common sense tells us the team will net more than the seven picks they currently hold for the 2020 class. Even so, they want picks in what is a rebuild under Zac Taylor over the next couple of seasons.

The money used towards late day two and day three picks is also substantially lower than that of outside free agents. We hate to use the term “cheap labor”, but it’s almost apropos here."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/1...-news-aj-green
    Insanity.

If Mike Brown required Hobson to enter the office every morning on all fours, barking like a dog, he would do it.

Figuratively, that's what he does already.

no negative things about b'gals thread
    For the record, that's not what the ground rules of that thread are - stop being disingenuous. The request was a thread where not EVERYTHING is run through the Mike-Brown-sucks filter. They can be incompetent independent of Mike Brown. And often are!
    Last edited by membengal; 02-20-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

14. Likes:

Redsfaithful (02-20-2020),Wonderful Monds (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    For the record, that's not what the ground rules of that thread are - stop being disingenuous. The request was a thread where not EVERYTHING is run through the Mike-Brown-sucks filter. They can be incompetent independent of Mike Brown. And often are!
    You're the epitome of Bungledom.

Last edited by membengal; 02-20-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    For the record, that's not what the ground rules of that thread are - stop being disingenuous. The request was a thread where not ANYTHING is run through the Mike-Brown-sucks filter. They can be incompetent independent of Mike Brown. And often are!
    Fixed that for you, you're welcome.

For the record, it's pretty tough to honestly discuss anything Bengal related without running into the Mike Brown Paywall. Unless you're just discussing "what would be nice" or running 5000 mock drafts or whatever.

Because sooner or later, whatever you're talking about, comes down to either what Mike Brown does, or will not do.

For example:

"Bengals need to sign a difference maker in free agency to address the inadaquecies of the offensive and defensive lines."

... I mean sure, dream away. Ain't gonna happen though. And you know why. We all do. So why even bring it up, other than to dream. Which is fine, but again, stuff like that is right there with your 5000 mock drafts (fantasy land).

Or how about this one:

I don't know why everyone says Mike Brown is so cheap. He always spends to the cap.

... this one is all kinds of stupid. And you know why. We all do.

etc, etc, etc.

It sucks that Mike Brown has poisoned the Bengals Well to the extent that he has. And now you have your own thread where you are free to ignore that fact. Which is fine by me. I even participate there from time to time. But don't act like that isn't exactly what it is. Be real. In this thread anyway.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 02-20-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Fixed that for you, you're welcome.

For the record, it's pretty tough to honestly discuss anything Bengal related without running into the Mike Brown Paywall. Unless you're just discussing "what would be nice" or running 5000 mock drafts or whatever.

Because sooner or later, whatever you're talking about, comes down to either what Mike Brown does, or will not do.

For example:

"Bengals need to sign a difference maker in free agency to address the inadaquecies of the offensive and defensive lines."

... I mean sure, dream away. Ain't gonna happen though. And you know why. We all do. So why even bring it up, other than to dream. Which is fine, but again, stuff like that is right there with your 5000 mock drafts (fantasy land).

Or how about this one:

I don't know why everyone says Mike Brown is so cheap. He always spends to the cap.

... this one is all kinds of stupid. And you know why. We all do.

etc, etc, etc.

It sucks that Mike Brown has poisoned the Bengals Well to the extent that he has. And now you have your own thread where you are free to ignore that fact. Which is fine by me. I even participate there from time to time. But don't act like that isn't exactly what it is. Be real. In this thread anyway.
    It wasn't broken thus didn't need fixing

Turn Off Ads?