Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikkan Sports: Reds Sign Shogo Akiyama

Re: Nikkan Sports: Reds Sign Shogo Akiyama

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Moustakas, Miley, then Akiyama-- he's a third piece, but decidedly third based on how much they (allegedly) shelled out already.

Love the idea of Akiyama as a leadoff hitter/ fourth OF capable of being a .350 OBP bat.

Akiyama/ Senzel OF
    Votto 1B
    Suarez 3B
    Moustakas 2B
    Senzel/ Winker OF
    Senzel/ Aquino OF
    Galvis SS
    Barnsali C

SS and C still appear weak-- SS moreso.

I don't know what the plan is there, but they'll need one.

That they still haven't addressed the backup means they're still probably looking for upgrades.
    I'd love to see the platoon splits on Akiyama (and Aquino's in the minors, for that matter). There could be some interesting platoon mixing and matching if you end up with an OF of Senzel, Winker, Akiyama, Aquino and Ervin.

2. Likes:

CaiGuy (12-30-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Nice!

5. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (12-30-2019)

Adding talent is always good. The key is how the Reds use him.

The money suggest a 4th outfielder role, and I hope that is the case.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Translation of page

Shogo Akiyama agrees with Reds for three years, competing in the japanese uncivilised land
    12/31 (Tuesday) 3:00 delivery Daily Sports
    Shogo Akiyama agrees with Reds for three years, competing in the japanese uncivilised land
    Shogo Seibu Akiyama (photo taken on August 22, 2019)
    On the 30th, Seibu's outfielder Shogo Akiyama, 31, who is aiming to become an overseas free agent (FA) player, has reached a basic agreement with the Reds.

It is expected to be a large-scale contract totaling more than 15 million dollars (approximately 1.65 billion yen) over the three-year total, including volume. In the five teams, including the Cubs and Diamondbacks, they narrowed it down to Le's army, which had the highest rating, and reached an agreement on terms. It is expected that he will undergo a medical check-up and sign a formal contract in the near future.

- . . . . . . . .

Akiyama narrowed down the new world to the Reds and reached a basic agreement on terms. To sum up the story of people involved in the U.S. baseball world, it is likely to be a large-scale contract of more than 15 million dollars (approximately 1.65 billion yen) including volume in a multi-year contract of three years. Compared to the four-year 2 billion yen that Seibu had presented in the residual negotiations, it is said that it is a favorable condition that exceeds on an annual salary basis. The Reds, who had led the other teams from the negotiation stage, fired the game as it was.

The battle, which lasted about two months after the exercise of overseas FA rights in late November, has finally come to an end. He negotiated directly with four teams, including the Cubs, Diamondbacks and Rays, at a winter meeting in San Diego, USA, in early December. After that, the Padres also made a name for themselves, and there was a competition for the five teams to win. Among them, he chose the Reds, who have consistently shown high praise as the No.1 midfielder, and crossed the sea.

The Reds are the only Japanese player in the 30 Major League baseball teams to have never played in the majors. It is based in Cincinnati, facing the Ohio River. Although he built a golden age in the 70s, the league title was the last time he left 90 years after winning the World Series. This season finished in fourth place in the Na League. In order to win the championship for the first time in 30 years, the team will rebuild their strength by reinforcing Akiyama as the team's axis.

Akiyama continued his rehabilitation on October 31 st. 1st due to a broken right ring finger, and in a baseball class on 22 October, he lifted the ban on a soft-funder full swing. At that time, he also said, "I think i'll be all right about that," and showed off his steady recovery. The practice continues at the end of the year and the New Year. At the beginning of the year, he will enter the site, undergo a medical check-up, and sign a formal contract. The team color of the new heaven and earth is red. "Reds Akiyama" is born wearing a new uniform.

Cincinnati Reds: 75 wins and 87 losses in the 19th season (4th in na League). He has won the league five times in the world, nine league titles, and made it to the postseason 15 times. The 19-year season's total annual salary of 134 million dollars (approximately 14.7 billion yen) ranked 14th out of 30 teams. It is based at the Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati). The coach is David Bell (75 wins and 87 losses). Its predecessor, Red Stockings, was founded in 1881 and boasts a history of 138 years, including its era. In the 1970s, Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Pete Rose and others were called the "Big Red Machine" and were regulars in the postseason. The current team includes a first baseman bot who has been selected for six times at the ball, a third-baseman Moustakas, who has been selected three times, and Bauer, the starting right-hander of the pro-Japanese family who came to Japan now and gathered a lot of attention.
    No wonder he wanted to get out of the Japanese uncivilized land. But I like the color of the new heaven and earth.

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-30-2019),Gallen5862 (12-30-2019),malcontent (12-30-2019),REDREAD (12-30-2019)

Votto is a first baseman bot apparently. I like our chances.

1.65 billion yen!

Did the Reds think to offer Grandal his contract in yen? Maybe that would've made the difference.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

11. Likes:

DocRed (12-30-2019),Gallen5862 (12-30-2019),Number_Fourteen (12-30-2019),RedsfaninMT (12-30-2019),Revering4Blue (12-30-2019),UKFlounder (12-30-2019),WildcatFan (12-30-2019)

Not sure which is better, the Reds signing Shogo or the Cubs wanting him and not getting him.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

13. Likes:

SunDeck (12-30-2019),WVRedsFan (12-30-2019)

Whew, Google translator has a ways to go.

Shogo!

15. Likes:

wlf WV (12-31-2019)

Shogo mania!

Now, let's go and get Lindor.

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    2m
    Bidding for Shogo Akiyama has reached 20M plus for 3 years. Reds appear in front and working hard.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

REDREAD (12-30-2019)

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    2m
    Bidding for Shogo Akiyama has reached 20M plus for 3 years. Reds appear in front and working hard.
    He must have been using Bing to translate.

20. Likes:

757690 (12-30-2019),WildcatFan (12-30-2019)

Haunted by walks

Mark Sheldon
    @m_sheldon
    ·
    1m
    Re: Akiyama ... source tells me that there is not an agreement yet with the #reds but they remain very much in the mix. And also heard the bidding to sign Akiyama is higher than three years and $15 million by a “decent margin.”

What the hell is going on??
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Perhaps no Shogo mania, yet?

Shogo Nogo?

Turn Off Ads?