Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikkan Sports: Reds Sign Shogo Akiyama

He still bangs

Re: Nikkan Sports: Reds Sign Shogo Akiyama

I need somebody to rebut this tweet from Mancuso for me right now before I buy World Series tickets.

“Sounds to me like they’re paying for a starting CF. Is Senzel for Lindor the next shoe to drop? Would explain Cleveland delay on Lindor.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    I need somebody to rebut this tweet from Mancuso for me right now before I buy World Series tickets.

“Sounds to me like they’re paying for a starting CF. Is Senzel for Lindor the next shoe to drop? Would explain Cleveland delay on Lindor.”
    That's exactly what I just mentioned to my brother. His response was "to keep on dreaming, that's what I'm good at."

4. Likes:

REDREAD (12-30-2019)

Reds in agreement with Akiyama per Sherman. He referenced Heyman but seems like separate info.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...33158732935168
    Last edited by DocRed; 12-30-2019 at 02:54 PM.

He just throwing random crap against the wall.

Everything I've read suggests he's a corner OF nowadays.

Most likely roster casualty if/when they sign him? Nick Martini in my opinion.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

we signed him

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Thr NY Post is a tabloid. But I would trust it if it reported this story.
    Nice call. NY Post reporting deal is done!

10. Likes:

DocRed (12-30-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Super. Love it.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I tend to think a Senzel trade is the next move too. I imagine publicly they'll say they see Shogo in a corner spot with Winker/Aquino platoon in the other but given what we've heard about their aims it seems entirely likely that Senzel is traded for a bigger piece.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Well now I'm highly intrigued to see if a big trade involving a Reds OF is around the corner. If not we have a pretty good 1-5 OF group in Winker, Senzel, Aquino, Akiyama, and Ervin.
    Last edited by JCM11; 12-30-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Do you really think they'd trade Senzel while he's injured? That'd be selling low on him. I tend to think they won't trade him before Spring Training

Haunted by walks

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    I’ve been hounding the #Reds about Japanese players for about 13 years. They finally signed one who was born in the same city where I went to high school, Yokosuka, Japan. Those 3 years of Japanese will finally come in handy. (My Japanese history minor may or may not)

16. Likes:

Mitri (12-30-2019),OGB (12-30-2019),RED VAN HOT (12-30-2019),thatcoolguy_22 (12-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Do you really think they'd trade Senzel while he's injured? That'd be selling low on him. I tend to think they won't trade him before Spring Training
    I think they'd trade him in the right deal(for a stud SS) but they certainly wouldn't give him up for pennies on the dollar.

18. Likes:

DocRed (12-30-2019),Edd Roush (12-30-2019),Griffey012 (12-30-2019),marcshoe (12-30-2019),Old school 1983 (12-30-2019),redsman2007 (12-30-2019),Tom Servo (12-30-2019)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Curious...how does .301 .376 .454 .829 in the NPB translate to MLB?
    Last edited by malcontent; 12-30-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

From CTrent Twitter:

#Reds see Akiyama as someone who can hit atop the order and play all three outfield spots — not solely as a CF
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

21. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-30-2019),JCM11 (12-30-2019),marcshoe (12-30-2019),NC Reds (12-30-2019),reds77 (12-30-2019)

Turn Off Ads?