Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

The 2019 season is thankfully over. I feel there are so many questions on this team and here are a few I think need to be addressed.

1. The coaching staff needs to be tweaked. Frank had a bad year which makes me think it was more Luck being just that good than Frank being a genius. They need a new defensive philosophy and they quit the last half of the season, overall toughness needs to be addressed. They also need a new special teams coach, the special teams was a nightmare even beyond the AV situation.

2. The front office needs to practice what they preach and also needs to tweak their philosophy. The way Ballard handled the AV situation severely hurt his credibility, with me at least. He preaches competition then let AV continually miss kicks and cost the team games and just kept rolling him out there. He also needs to spend more in free agency imo. It has become obvious to me that Ballard is competent but far from the genius he has been anointed.

3. Quarterback needs to be addressed. I’m all for drafting a first round guy if the value is there and even bringing in a guy like Phillip Rivers (just threw up in my mouth a bit) for the short term. JB just isn’t the answer, too inaccurate and indecisive. He holds the ball too long.

4. They need to improve the in game experience, it’s stale and boring. I know it’s an issue across the league, thanks to replay and tv time outs but they still play Bang on the drum all day when a touchdown is scored.

Just a few observations, wondering what the other colts fans Think?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Totally agree with #3. Colts need a long term solution at QB with Watson set to run the division for the next decade

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The 2019 season is thankfully over. I feel there are so many questions on this team and here are a few I think need to be addressed.

1. The coaching staff needs to be tweaked. Frank had a bad year which makes me think it was more Luck being just that good than Frank being a genius. They need a new defensive philosophy and they quit the last half of the season, overall toughness needs to be addressed. They also need a new special teams coach, the special teams was a nightmare even beyond the AV situation.

2. The front office needs to practice what they preach and also needs to tweak their philosophy. The way Ballard handled the AV situation severely hurt his credibility, with me at least. He preaches competition then let AV continually miss kicks and cost the team games and just kept rolling him out there. He also needs to spend more in free agency imo. It has become obvious to me that Ballard is competent but far from the genius he has been anointed.

3. Quarterback needs to be addressed. I’m all for drafting a first round guy if the value is there and even bringing in a guy like Phillip Rivers (just threw up in my mouth a bit) for the short term. JB just isn’t the answer, too inaccurate and indecisive. He holds the ball too long.

4. They need to improve the in game experience, it’s stale and boring. I know it’s an issue across the league, thanks to replay and tv time outs but they still play Bang on the drum all day when a touchdown is scored.

Just a few observations, wondering what the other colts fans Think?
    I think #3 will be looked at closely...the others I dunno. I also think they need a WR opposite Hilton.

Andy Dalton?

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Andy Dalton?
    I don't think so Tim.

"So Fla Red"

Bring back Jim Harbaugh!

Since Brissett has one more year, assume they will draft a QB in Round 1 or 2 and work him into the mix

Colts (and Jags and Titans) need a longterm answer to counter Deshaun Watson. I still can't fathom how the Browns passed on him twice in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Bring back Jim Harbaugh!

Since Brissett has one more year, assume they will draft a QB in Round 1 or 2 and work him into the mix

Colts (and Jags and Titans) need a longterm answer to counter Deshaun Watson. I still can't fathom how the Browns passed on him twice in the draft
    Most "experts" expect Indy to take a WR with their 1st rd pick...there FA QB's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Most "experts" expect Indy to take a WR with their 1st rd pick...there FA QB's available.
    Ballard basically said yesterday with out saying it that they will draft a QB but they will not reach for him, they won’t take a late first round guy at 13 just because they want a qb. I think they will either go wr or dl in round one and qb in the early second.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Ballard basically said yesterday with out saying it that they will draft a QB but they will not reach for him, they won’t take a late first round guy at 13 just because they want a qb. I think they will either go wr or dl in round one and qb in the early second.
    After having the luxury of having Peyton and A. Luck fall into their laps, the Colts now gotta get a QB just like the rest of the league. Now you see how the rest of us have had to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    After having the luxury of having Peyton and A. Luck fall into their laps, the Colts now gotta get a QB just like the rest of the league. Now you see how the rest of us have had to do it
    Luck fell into their laps, no real debate on that pick. There was a real chance the Colts were going to select Ryan Leaf over Manning until Leaf blew off the interview with the team.

Indy fans have been spoiled, no debate there.

- - - Updated - - -

Luck fell into their laps, no real debate on that pick. There was a real chance the Colts were going to select Ryan Leaf over Manning until Leaf blew off the interview with the team.

Indy fans have been spoiled, no debate there.

What? The rest of the league doesn't use the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What? The rest of the league doesn't use the draft?
    Sure. The rest of the league doesn't pick #1 when can't miss, generational QBs are on the board. Now you have to settle for a guy who is far from a sure thing, hope he's there when you draft and develop him. That's how the rest of us have done it for the past 20 yrs. It's a little different than taking a Peyton or a Luck

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Bring back Jim Harbaugh!

Thoughts from a Jags fan:

I like your GM. Actually tells you stuff. Like not knowing whether Brissett is the guy or not. Our guy will praise everyone. 'We really like our mix of right guards, all of them'. Then one gets cut the next day.

Heard our local guys speculate where Tom Brady might go if he decide to keep playing but leave NE. THey thought Indy made sense because of your QB situation and your strong offensive line.

I wonder whether Bridgewater makes sense for you...
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Thoughts from a Jags fan:

I like your GM. Actually tells you stuff. Like not knowing whether Brissett is the guy or not. Our guy will praise everyone. 'We really like our mix of right guards, all of them'. Then one gets cut the next day.

Heard our local guys speculate where Tom Brady might go if he decide to keep playing but leave NE. THey thought Indy made sense because of your QB situation and your strong offensive line.

I wonder whether Bridgewater makes sense for you...
    I can't imagine Brady in a Colts uniform, but Montana, Favre, and Peyton ended their careers with other teams.

How much money is Teddy going to command?

Lots of rumors coming out of Indy this week concerning possible QB pick-ups. Rivers, Brady, and Carr have all been linked to the Colts.

Turn Off Ads?