Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Rivers cost the Colts the game.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401220166

That’s all you got? No credit to the team across the field that put the pressure on Phillip all game long?

Ok then.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-12-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Colts are about to enter (if they already haven't) QB Purgatory. They have pretty good team, so unless they really find an ace in the hole at round pick #20, they won't pick low enough to get a franchise QB. Rivers is mostly a 1 year (maybe 2) bridge, but they have nothing on the other side of the bridge.

If I had to guess, they are going to be going after veterans for a few years. There's a few other teams in the same boat. Tampa Bay, New England.

So they do go after a Cam Newton if he has a good year? If Dalton looks good and Dak comes back, go after Dalton?
    I wonder if Matt Ryan would be available?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

That’s all you got? No credit to the team across the field that put the pressure on Phillip all game long?

Ok then.
    Rivers did gift wrap 9 points to the Browns who won by 9.

7. Likes:

mth123 (10-14-2020)

Colts get the Bengals next. Run Wild. Run Free.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Wouldn't be my 1st option...but I would definitely take on Dalton. He was able to get the Bengals to the playoffs, what, 5 times. How many guys can say that. He probably won't win a Super Bowl, but he keeps us respectable until we can hopefully find "the guy". I know Bengals fans didn't care much for him, but they hate everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

As well as fair catching a ball on the 2 yard line!
    Dalton is good when he has protection, he was my choice for the Colts. Rivers has a noodle arm, he can’t complete passes outside the hash marks.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Dalton is good when he has protection, he was my choice for the Colts. Rivers has a noodle arm, he can’t complete passes outside the hash marks.
    Dalton just missed throwing another pick-6 on an out-route yesterday. I'd still rather have Rivers at this point in their careers. Give Rivers a chance to adjust to Gruden and it will just get better. Rivers has never had time in the pocket before. This is unusual for him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Ok then.
    Yep, all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Yep, all I got.
    No credit to Cleveland. Wow.

The announcers said something like Rivers hadn’t been pressured like that in a game since 2013. (I don’t know where they got that but they said it) Also on the safety during the game Rivers was saying the wideout ran the wrong route to the refs (according to the announcers) which is why he threw it to an empty spot which resulted in the safety.

If I have to drag it out of you it doesn’t mean anything but I’m surprised the forums biggest Colts fan doesn’t even give Cleveland a tip of the hat after a really hard fought game that had sloppiness from both sides.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Colts are about to enter (if they already haven't) QB Purgatory. They have pretty good team, so unless they really find an ace in the hole at round pick #20, they won't pick low enough to get a franchise QB. Rivers is mostly a 1 year (maybe 2) bridge, but they have nothing on the other side of the bridge.

If I had to guess, they are going to be going after veterans for a few years. There's a few other teams in the same boat. Tampa Bay, New England.

So they do go after a Cam Newton if he has a good year? If Dalton looks good and Dak comes back, go after Dalton?
    As far as having nothing on the other side of the bridge, many draft pundits were surprised that Jacob Eason was still available when the Colts selected him in the 4th round.

I'll defer to Kingspoint here, as he's far more versed in pre- NFL Draft positional rankings than I am, but IIRC, according to certain NFL scouts/scouting services, Eason was considered on par with Jordan Love prior to this past draft. And he is 6'6" with a gun for an arm.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    As far as having nothing on the other side of the bridge, many draft pundits were surprised that Jacob Eason was still available when the Colts selected him in the 4th round.

I'll defer to Kingspoint here, as he's far more versed in pre- NFL Draft positional rankings than I am, but IIRC, according to certain NFL scouts/scouting services, Eason was considered on par with Jordan Love prior to this past draft. And he is 6'6" with a gun for an arm.
    Colts aside. Quarterback purgatory is an awful place to be in.

The Brees/Brady/Rodgers/Ben guard is on their last legs. There are going to be so many teams hunting QBs in the next couple years. More so than usual.

16. Likes:

I had Love at #76 overall and Eason at #131 overall, but this was based more on where I thought they'd go. Eason was the very next QB I had going off the board after Love.

18. Likes:

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Arthur Blank was asked about Ryan's future in Atlanta...his answer was we'll see!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Took a look into that - he's 35! Wow.

Well if Colts hit on a 4th rounder that becomes your franchise QB, then you have won the lottery.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

No credit to Cleveland. Wow.

The announcers said something like Rivers hadn’t been pressured like that in a game since 2013. (I don’t know where they got that but they said it) Also on the safety during the game Rivers was saying the wideout ran the wrong route to the refs (according to the announcers) which is why he threw it to an empty spot which resulted in the safety.

If I have to drag it out of you it doesn’t mean anything but I’m surprised the forums biggest Colts fan doesn’t even give Cleveland a tip of the hat after a really hard fought game that had sloppiness from both sides.
    Oh, don't get me wrong...the Browns were a formidable foe. I tend to look at what my teams do wrong than what the other teams do right.

Turn Off Ads?