Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

The Colts gave up 6 points by not taking a sure-shot 3 pts towards the end of the half, then the kicker hitting the upright on the other FG attempt early second half. I thought Rivers had a pretty good game yesterday. Threw for over 300 yards with 2 TDS, a RTG of 93.5.

Do you think that Indy may took a look at Wentz if he becomes available? Can he be salvaged under the right scheme?

I personally don't see the Bills advancing very far. They're running attack, centered on Allen, is still weak.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    That's my point. The Colts should have won that game. IMO Reich blew it.
    Reich follows the analytics close to 100%, analytics has already ruined baseball now I guess it’s time for them to ruin football.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-10-2021)

I think Brissett should have thrown the Hail Mary. I don't remember the scenario, did they have time to get him out there?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think Brissett should have thrown the Hail Mary. I don't remember the scenario, did they have time to get him out there?
    Yes, they did.

Reich's game calling was a comedy of errors yesterday. .

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The Colts gave up 6 points by not taking a sure-shot 3 pts towards the end of the half, then the kicker hitting the upright on the other FG attempt early second half. I thought Rivers had a pretty good game yesterday. Threw for over 300 yards with 2 TDS, a RTG of 93.5.

Do you think that Indy may took a look at Wentz if he becomes available? Can he be salvaged under the right scheme?

I personally don't see the Bills advancing very far. They're running attack, centered on Allen, is still weak.
    Lots of issues with play calling yesterday.

Reich knows Wentz very well.

The Bills got one game further than they should have.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

That could also be said of KC and Pittsburgh. The Titans have the closest thing to a balanced offense (in the AFC). These days that doesn't seem to matter as much.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 01-10-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    That could also be said of KC and Pittsburgh. The Titans have the closest thing to a balanced offense (in the AFC). These days that doesn't seem to matter as much.
    The Chiefs are still the NFL version of the NBA's Golden State Warriors - the healthy, stacked '17 and '18 versions. I suppose anything's possible, but I'll be surprised if any AFC team comes within 10 points of ousting them.

A Steelers team that can't run the football is something that we assuredly thought we'd never see in our lifetimes, but that's the case.

but let's face it, the Colts have proven conclusively that they can't beat the Steelers in a game that really matters (they have three regular season wins and ZERO playoff wins against them since moving to Indy). Assuming they (Steelers) beat Cleveland - which, in of itself, is far, far from a sure thing - what makes anyone that this year would have been any better for Indy?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Reich follows the analytics close to 100%, analytics has already ruined baseball now I guess it’s time for them to ruin football.
    Analytics in baseball at least make a modicum of sense. For example, baseball analytics would tell you that it's a really bad idea to have two out-machines in an everyday lineup (See '16-'18 Reds: Hamilton and Peraza).

But what sort of football analytics would suggest foregoing a FG in favor of a 4th and goal play from the four yard line?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    That's my point. The Colts should have won that game. IMO Reich blew it.
    Shows you how close they are.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    The Chiefs are still the NFL version of the NBA's Golden State Warriors - the healthy, stacked '17 and '18 versions. I suppose anything's possible, but I'll be surprised if any AFC team comes within 10 points of ousting them.

A Steelers team that can't run the football is something that we assuredly thought we'd never see in our lifetimes, but that's the case.

but let's face it, the Colts have proven conclusively that they can't beat the Steelers in a game that really matters (they have three regular season wins and ZERO playoff wins against them since moving to Indy). Assuming they (Steelers) beat Cleveland - which, in of itself, is far, far from a sure thing - what makes anyone that this year would have been any better for Indy?
    It wasn't a fluke that TEN led big over them. TEN can beat them. IND's results against the NYJ in the playoffs is bad, but that doesn't mean they won't beat them next time. The good 'ol boy network may finally be all dead that's had PIT winning playoff games, and important regular season games over the last 50 years through flat-out cheating.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-10-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It wasn't a fluke that TEN led big over them. TEN can beat them. IND's results against the NYJ in the playoffs is bad, but that doesn't mean they won't beat them next time. The good 'ol boy network may finally be all dead that's had PIT winning playoff games, and important regular season games over the last 50 years through flat-out cheating.
    It's called "age", and is the nemesis of all dynasties.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-11-2021)

But what sort of football analytics would suggest foregoing a FG in favor of a 4th and goal play from the four yard line?

Obviously he was looking at the trusty "how do we piss this game away" sheet that he formulated himself.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-11-2021),Revering4Blue (01-13-2021)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Colts LT Anthony Castonzo announced his retirement. Castonzo retires after ten years protecting the blind side of Colts quarterbacks. He was placed on injured reserve last month after season-ending ankle surgery after struggling through injuries for much of the year, including a knee ailment that limited his practice participation in November. Castonzo, who signed a two-year, $33 million contract extension with the Colts last March, was drafted by the team with the 22nd pick in the 2011 NFL draft. Castonzo's retirement, which frees up around $16 million in cap space, is a major blow to the Indianapolis offensive line -- one the team will need to address in the draft or through free agency.

SOURCE: Jim Ayello on Twitter

Colts LG Quenton Nelson could replace retired LT Anthony Castonzo on the blindside in 2021. Per The Athletic's Stephen Holder, there have been "hypothetical conversations" on the matter, but that neither coach Frank Reich nor Nelson himself have ruled it out. This was bandied about as an option this season, but Nelson ended up playing only a handful of snaps away from his regular position. Nelson is one of the best offensive linemen in all of football, but the Colts would be playing with fire by moving him away from the interior, and possibly creating two bad situations where right now they only have one in Castonzo's absence.

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-12-2021),Revering4Blue (01-13-2021)

I said the same thing watching the game. In a game like this you take the sure 3.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-13-2021)

I wonder what Irsay thought?

Turn Off Ads?