Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Leagues biggest cry baby, you get what you get, enjoy.

Signed
    Andy

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd have liked to have seen them go for Foles instead. A 4th rounder is no biggie and he certainly would have had a great chance to flourish under Reich.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I'd have liked to have seen them go for Foles instead. A 4th rounder is no biggie and he certainly would have had a great chance to flourish under Reich.
    To me...Rivers is a better short term sign. We have lots of cap space, so money was the only thing they had to give up. If one year works, then they can sign him again to another year. Whereas a multi year deal we woulda been stuck with the dead money if they wanted to release him. To me its a win/win deal for both parties. I think he still has some TD's left in the tank!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-18-2020),Kingspoint (03-18-2020),plantmanky (03-19-2020),Revering4Blue (03-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    To me...Rivers is a better short term sign. We have lots of cap space, so money was the only thing they had to give up. If one year works, then they can sign him again to another year. Whereas a multi year deal we woulda been stuck with the dead money if they wanted to release him. To me its a win/win deal for both parties. I think he still has some TD's left in the tank!
    It's not about the money, it's really about the better bet IMO. I'm hoping for the best, but Rivers is old and coming off a bad season. Foles is younger and thrived under the system in Philly which Reich was a large part of. It also seemed that Jax didn't want him so that was just a bonus. I'd have taken my chances with Foles, but that's just me.

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-19-2020),Revering4Blue (03-20-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

It's not about the money, it's really about the better bet IMO. I'm hoping for the best, but Rivers is old and coming off a bad season. Foles is younger and thrived under the system in Philly which Reich was a large part of. It also seemed that Jax didn't want him so that was just a bonus. I'd have taken my chances with Foles, but that's just me.
    Foles has just what the Colt's didn't need...an injury plagued QB.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-19-2020)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

No I get it. Foles was pretty good under Reich before. Could he be good with Indy, it's possible. If so he would definitely be a better long term fit than Rivers. I just don't think he would be a good fit injury wise. I also don't think he is a viable long term starter, at least he hasn't proven himself to be. Chicago will find out soon enough!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    No I get it. Foles was pretty good under Reich before. Could he be good with Indy, it's possible. If so he would definitely be a better long term fit than Rivers. I just don't think he would be a good fit injury wise. I also don't think he is a viable long term starter, at least he hasn't proven himself to be. Chicago will find out soon enough!
    I call Foles what he appears to be and IMO that is an elite NFL back-up QB.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I call Foles what he appears to be and IMO that is an elite NFL back-up QB.
    Foles has done a lot more with his opportunities than Rivers has. Rivers has had some exceptional teams and could never beat the Patriots when it mattered. Foles has had some hiccups, but largely when the opportunities have taken place outside of the systems he's thrived in. Foles also didn't really have an o-line like he would have had in Indy.

I hope Rivers is awesome, but he's old, immobile, and threw a lot of INTs last year.

Foles has done a lot more with his opportunities than Rivers has. Rivers has had some exceptional teams and could never beat the Patriots when it mattered. Foles has had some hiccups, but largely when the opportunities have taken place outside of the systems he's thrived in. Foles also didn't really have an o-line like he would have had in Indy.

I hope Rivers is awesome, but he's old, immobile, and threw a lot of INTs last year.
    Meh, Foles has been in the league for 8 years. 48 starts with a 26-22 QB record...with most of that due to playing on a damn good Philly team. He has "thrived" nowhere else.

And Foles sure as heck ain't no mobile QB himself.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Meh, Foles has been in the league for 8 years. 48 starts with a 26-22 QB record...with most of that due to playing on a damn good Philly team. He has "thrived" nowhere else.

And Foles sure as heck ain't no mobile QB himself.
    Take away that one 14-2 season under Kelly and he hasn't done jack.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-23-2020)

Rivers has rarely had good Offensive Linemen. He, like Brady, spent most of his career turning very bad Recievers into serviceable and good ones with a few quality Receivers thrown in to work with. Rivers has always outperformed the talent around him, including the Offensive Coordinators and Head Coaches he's had. When he had LT and Norv Turner he had his best talent.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

What has Rivers won exactly? With his many more opportunities?

Foles hasn't been given the chances that Rivers has. Yet, when he has, he's thrived for the most part. Interesting concept.
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 03-21-2020 at 07:21 PM.

What has Rivers won exactly? With his many more opportunities?

Foles hasn't been given the chances that Rivers has. Yet, when he has, he's thrived for the most part. Interesting concept.
    An AFC Title, for one, during Peyton, Brady and Big Ben's prime. Many road playoff games. He's always been one of the elite traveling QB's. Foles and Rivers are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Child, please.

Foles will be on three teams from 2020-2022 for good reason.

And that's more than Foles has won? How many more chances has Rivers had as well? I'll help you out. 14 seasons playing full time...5 playoff wins. And don't forget...a sub-60 completion percentage as well as a sub-85 passer rating in 11 career postseason outings.

Gotta love ignoring Rivers' age too, especially after coming off an awful season.

Turn Off Ads?