Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    And that's more than Foles has won? How many more chances has Rivers had as well? I'll help you out. 14 seasons playing full time...5 playoff wins. And don't forget...a sub-60 completion percentage as well as a sub-85 passer rating in 11 career postseason outings.

Gotta love ignoring Rivers' age too, especially after coming off an awful season.
    If I had to guess, I would think that Foles has missed more games in his career than Rivers has!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Foles will be on three teams from 2020-2022 for good reason.
    The Jags chose Gardner Minshew III over Foles, that in itself is most damning.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-26-2020),Revering4Blue (04-24-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Ballard looking good.

We need to dial back the whole Ballard is a genius thing u til he actually produces a team that actually has a chance at the super bowl. I like him and like what he’s doing but I’m over the fan base fawning over every move he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    We need to dial back the whole Ballard is a genius thing u til he actually produces a team that actually has a chance at the super bowl. I like him and like what he’s doing but I’m over the fan base fawning over every move he makes.
    He took over a team that was in total disarray, quickly got them back to the playoffs, abruptly lost his franchise QB and still went 7-9, and now they are still looking like a playoff team with an outside chance of being a super bowl contender. And they still have a ton of cap space. There is a reason the fanbase fawns over his moves, they have largely been good so far, and he really doesn't have any really bad moves.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    He took over a team that was in total disarray, quickly got them back to the playoffs, abruptly lost his franchise QB and still went 7-9, and now they are still looking like a playoff team with an outside chance of being a super bowl contender. And they still have a ton of cap space. There is a reason the fanbase fawns over his moves, they have largely been good so far, and he really doesn't have any really bad moves.
    I love him and the job he’s done but as far as bad moves Josh McDaniels says hello.

I love him and the job he’s done but as far as bad moves Josh McDaniels says hello.
    How was that a bad move though? McDaniels spurned him at the last minute and he ended up with Frank Reich, who seems to be a pretty good coach who is well respected by his players.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

[QUOTE=Griffey012;4093173]How was that a bad move though? McDaniels spurned him at the last minute and he ended up with Frank Reich, who seems to be a pretty good coach who is well respected by his players.[/QUOTE

Reich was an Irsay hire, once it went bad Jim stepped in. Ballard botched the hiring process imo.

[QUOTE=redsfanmia;4093179]
    How was that a bad move though? McDaniels spurned him at the last minute and he ended up with Frank Reich, who seems to be a pretty good coach who is well respected by his players.[/QUOTE

Reich was an Irsay hire, once it went bad Jim stepped in. Ballard botched the hiring process imo.
    Rumor has it Irsay was also getting high off his ass during dinner with McDaniels which caused him to back out. Where have you heard Reich was an Irsay hire? Irsay hasn’t been great when he meddles, just doesn’t seem like the kind of move with Irsay’s name on it. Either way, Reich seems like a good hire.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 04-26-2020 at 07:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Griffey012;4093246]

Rumor has it Irsay was also getting high off his ass during dinner with McDaniels which caused him to back out. Where have you heard Reich was an Irsay hire? Irsay hasn’t been great when he meddles, just doesn’t seem like the kind of move with Irsay’s name on it. Either way, Reich seems like a good hire.

All the talk on the local sports shows was that Irsay reached out to Polian, Dungy and Peyton and got the recommendation of hiring Reich, Frank was hired soon after. Ballard admitted Frank wasn’t even on his radar. I know it’s funny to talk about a Irsay and his demons but he’s a proud guy and a good owner, theory is he was embarrassed by the McDaniels situation and stepped in.

[QUOTE=redsfanmia;4093251]

All the talk on the local sports shows was that Irsay reached out to Polian, Dungy and Peyton and got the recommendation of hiring Reich, Frank was hired soon after. Ballard admitted Frank wasn’t even on his radar. I know it’s funny to talk about a Irsay and his demons but he’s a proud guy and a good owner, theory is he was embarrassed by the McDaniels situation and stepped in.
    At the end of the day I am happy with Irsay as the Colts owner. His biggest knock is probably that he gets a little too proud/too connected to his players, but ever since Ballard has taken over Irsay seems to have stepped back a bit.

Jim isn’t a meddler because Bob was a meddler. There was a story in SI a few years ago about how a teenaged Jim would apologize to the team for his dad when Bob would be drunk and come down at halftime threatening to fire coaches and cut players.

I fully expect them to be an AFC title contender.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I hope so, I don’t have a ton of faith in Rivers, he looked washed last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I am just hoping it was a down year and praying he becomes Peyton Manning.

Turn Off Ads?