Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Bump.

They will be competing for a playoff spot in this Division, even with one of the two defending AFC Conference Championship teams in it in Tennessee.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

...and everyone in this Division plays the Bengals and the Browns. Well, almost everyone.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From Rotoworld...

Rivers will get chastised for his two boneheaded interceptions but Indianapolis’ offense, which averaged 6.6 yards per play and did not punt against the Jaguars, was flawless otherwise. The Colts’ 64% pass play rate in neutral game script (fourth-highest in the league) will likely dip in the coming weeks — after all, this is the same team that penned the infamous ‘Run the Damn Ball’ mantra — but that’s a moot point against Minnesota’s cornerbacks room that permitted 20 catches on 24 targets in coverage versus Green Bay.

From Rotoworld...

Paris Campbell’s 20% target share, tying T.Y. Hilton for the team lead, was a sigh of relief and a tribute to his health after he struggled through numerous injuries in his rookie season. With a similar air yards share to Hilton’s (37% to 37.2%), it’s not a stretch to consider Campbell “arbitrage T.Y.” in the team’s revamped offense.

How Phillip Rivers changes the Offense...

From Rotoworld...

Doyle’s target share (8.7%) wasn’t all that impressive but his 34 routes run qualified as the fourth-most at his position and the third-most in 23 career games under coach Frank Reich.

Rivers will have good number but will make mistakes that will cost the team wins. I honestly don’t think Rivers is much of an upgrade over JB in the terms of total wins, the product will look better but I still think this is a 7-9 win team.

The defense was picked apart by Gardner Minshew II and the scheme has been Described by local expert Rick Venturi as high school defense. They need either more play makers or a new scheme.

I have started to have doubts about Frank as a coach, he gets too cute with his play calling and needs to dial back his aggression. There was no good reason no to kick the field goal on the second drive of the game.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I have started to have doubts about Frank as a coach, he gets too cute with his play calling and needs to dial back his aggression. There was no good reason no to kick the field goal on the second drive of the game.
    After years of Pagono playing it safe all too often to the detriment of the team/franchise, I found Reich's aggressive play-calling nature refreshing (save for the ill-advised 4th down pass call against the Texans two seasons ago), and was willing to overlook it. But not so much anymore.

In other words, I fully share your concerns.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    After years of Pagono playing it safe all too often to the detriment of the team/franchise, I found Reich's aggressive play-calling nature refreshing (save for the ill-advised 4th down pass call against the Texans two seasons ago), and was willing to overlook it. But not so much anymore.

In other words, I fully share your concerns.
    The rules dictate that you throw it deep and often, if only because you end up getting a ton of PI calls. It only takes one PI call to change the outcome of a game. It's not an era to be conservative with play-calling. Going for it on 4th down at midfield has more value than it used to, even five years ago. Passing up a FG attempt, going for two,...to always be putting pressure on the Defense wears them out mentally over 60 minutes. Makes it difficult to prepare for and makes unexpected usage of minor players and the ability to spread the touches around makes for better results in the long run. Rivers is so far superior right now than Jacoby Brisset, it's not even funny. Rivers has one thousand times the experience that will reap benefits in the 4th Quarters and in the playoffs. No QB performed better on the road than Rivers in the NFL the last dozen seasons. He's a great leader...again, far superior to Brisset.

The Colts will make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The rules dictate that you throw it deep and often, if only because you end up getting a ton of PI calls. It only takes one PI call to change the outcome of a game. It's not an era to be conservative with play-calling. Going for it on 4th down at midfield has more value than it used to, even five years ago. Passing up a FG attempt, going for two,...to always be putting pressure on the Defense wears them out mentally over 60 minutes. Makes it difficult to prepare for and makes unexpected usage of minor players and the ability to spread the touches around makes for better results in the long run. Rivers is so far superior right now than Jacoby Brisset, it's not even funny. Rivers has one thousand times the experience that will reap benefits in the 4th Quarters and in the playoffs. No QB performed better on the road than Rivers in the NFL the last dozen seasons. He's a great leader...again, far superior to Brisset.

The Colts will make the playoffs.
    I hope they make the playoffs, I’m not convinced. The defense got carved up and Rivers did what he has been doing for years, makes big turnovers. I like the roster save for the QB situation and the defensive system. I fear the Colts are stuck in QB purgatory, they won’t be bad enough to get a high enough pick to get a stud.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Colts just became the first team this season to be favored by double-digits as their spread went from -9.5 to -10.5 today for this Sunday's game.

That didn't take long.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-29-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

We shall how the 'Shoes fare against the Bears.

Da Bears. Nice offensive performance by the Bears. Dang fine Colts D. On to Cleveland.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-04-2020)

CLE and IND look evenly matched.

IND just got very bad news with the loss of their best Defensive Player this week, opening up the run for the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    CLE and IND look evenly matched.

IND just got very bad news with the loss of their best Defensive Player this week, opening up the run for the Browns.
    Meh, the Colts will be fine.

Turn Off Ads?