3 7.69%
  • SS Braylin Minier

0 0%
  • CF Jose Siri

8 20.51%
  • Other - Specify in Comments

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #14 Prospect???

2019-2020: Who is the Reds #14 Prospect???

RHRP Joel Kuhnel has taken the #13 slot.

Please, discuss why you are voting for who you are voting for.....this is a slow time of the year so it's more than welcomed.

^If you are voting other, please make sure to tell me who the other vote is for in the comment section.

***THIS IS A 72 HOUR POLL***

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #14 Prospect???

I (again) voted Acosta, but Friedl leads the voting.

He was a .235 hitter last season, which gives me pause. A .150 Iso SLG. 117 wRC+.

Probably a fourth or fifth OF who can play CF.

It'll be interesting to see whether he moves up to AAA or stays in AA to start the season. Siri and Fairchild are likely ticketed for AAA-- depending on who's left over on the major league roster, Friedl may get stuck. (Which may not be a bad thing.)

There is no reason for Siri and Fairchild to be at AAA together this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    There is no reason for Siri and Fairchild to be at AAA together this spring.
    Why?

Fairchild needs to be the starting CF, with Siri playing some there, some RF, and some LF to get acclimated to his likely role in the majors-- as a fourth or fifth OF.

If he actually begins to hit or Fairchild struggles, you can change plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Why?

Fairchild needs to be the starting CF, with Siri playing some there, some RF, and some LF to get acclimated to his likely role in the majors-- as a fourth or fifth OF.

If he actually begins to hit or Fairchild struggles, you can change plans.
    They both need to be starting in CF. Siri in AAA and Fairchild in AA until Siri collapses or Fairchild destroys AA.

- - - Updated - - -

And AAA has plenty of OF options right now, no need to rush Fairchild.

I have to go with Friedl here. He bumped his ISO from .086 to .150 last season in AA. His BB rate jumped slightly, his K rate stayed flat. However his BABIP tanked. I am wondering if he was working on a new swing to elevate the ball more? His batted ball distribution wasn't dramatically different though. It is hard to decide what to make of the BABIP fluctuation, but if it was more normalized last year we are talking about a an offensive profile that is at least interesting out of CF.

2020 is definitely a make or break year for Friedl.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-03-2020),OGB (01-05-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Now that Kuhnel is off the board, I'm going upside with Johnson. Friedl is a worthy choice at this point. Hendrix and Hannah are a step above Siri and Gutierrez, too. Level of competition and small sample size stateside are keeping me from considering Acosta and Minier until the late teens or early 20s.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-03-2020)

I'm taking a flyer on Acosta. Although rookie league numbers aren't necessarily conclusive, his were eye opening. I like him as a 2B with speed and a strong hit tool from either side of the plate.

Friedl, then Acosta.

I still like TJ as really solid 4th/5th OF who can do a little bit of everything.

Can't bring myself to vote for Siri, though he's probably deserving at this point.

I can't imagine at what point I'd vote for Siri. I think he's in danger on being waived off the 40. I'd probably have him and Fairchild split time in CF in AAA, and let Friedl have it in AA. As for this vote, I'm taking a leap in faith that Hendrix is a big arm that contribute soon for Reds.

I'd like to see some more success from some of the other guys. (Johnson, etc.)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I looked at the poll and thought that I'd like to vote for Ivan Johnsons, but I'm not sure anybody else is there yet. Turns out I'm not the first. At this point, no one seems to deserve the spot, so I'll go with my gut. I've always liked Friedl, but his being removed from the 40 is a bad sign.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I looked at the poll and thought that I'd like to vote for Ivan Johnsons, but I'm not sure anybody else is there yet. Turns out I'm not the first. At this point, no one seems to deserve the spot, so I'll go with my gut. I've always liked Friedl, but his being removed from the 40 is a bad sign.
    Technically, he was never on the 40.

Siri for me. He just had a solid winter league (756 - 5th best in the league), he is a great fielder and hits for power and has even greater power potential. I know he strikes out excessively, which is a big weakness. But I still believe he can break through to better production in 2020, if healthy.

He did NOT have solid Winter League. He was terrible. He hit .196 His OBP was .264. His .OPS was .675. I don't know where it stood in the league but it was 10th just on his team.

Hannah looks like a better prospect to me than both Friedl and Siri at this point.

He played last year against pitchers averaging 2 years older than him.

If he can come even remotely close to duplicating the .424 OBP he carried over 3 seasons of college ball, he could become a true leadoff hitter in 3-4 years.

Turn Off Ads?