Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Reds Minor League Transactions

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Reds Minor League Transactions

I was always intrigued by Moore, his strikeout rates in the minors were below average but still acceptable given his low walk rate. But in the majors the K/9 was just abysmal. But a second round pick from a few years ago still in his mid 20s is a solid guy to take a flier on to see if maybe you can get a light to go off.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Gallen5862 (04-21-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I was always intrigued by Moore, his strikeout rates in the minors were below average but still acceptable given his low walk rate. But in the majors the K/9 was just abysmal. But a second round pick from a few years ago still in his mid 20s is a solid guy to take a flier on to see if maybe you can get a light to go off.
    He's throwing harder and with better spin rate as well.

I suspect Boddy will be helpful in culling the best of these non-roster pitchers moving forward.

5. Likes:

Gallen5862 (04-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    A full rundown in case anyone really cares about announcements they missed:

The following signed successor contracts at some point prior to 11/7/19-
    SS Alberti Chavez
    RF Narciso Crook
    RHSP Felix Jorge
    RHRP Julio Pinto
    RHRP Junichi Tazawa
    RHRP Rob Wooten
    1B Ibandel Isabel
    RF Michael Beltre
    C Morgan Lofstrom

The following signed once they officially became free agents-
    11/8/19 - RHRP Alex Powers (re-signed) w/ spring invite
    11/18/19 - 3B Christian Colon (re-signed) w/ spring invite
    12/6/19 - RHRP Dylan Rheault
    12/10/19 - C Francisco Pena w/ spring invite
    12/16/19 - RHRP David Carpenter w/ spring invite
    12/19/19 - CF Boog Powell w/ spring invite
    12/26/19 - RHRP Walker Weickel
    12/31/19 - RHRP Tyler Thornburg w/ spring invite
    1/2/20 - 3B Matt Davidson w/ spring invite
    1/6/20 - CF Brandon Barnes
    1/7/20 - LHSP Raley Brooks w/ spring invite
    1/14/20 - LHRP Nate Jones w/ spring invite
    1/17/20 - LHRP Jesse Biddle w/ spring invite
    1/24/20 - RHRP Chris Volstad
    1/28/20 - RHSP Jake Paulson
    2/8/20 - RHRP Daniel Duarte
    2/12/20 2B Derek Dietrich (re-signed) w/ spring invite
    2/24/20 - RHRP Jose Adames (re-signed)

Some additional transactions that were only discussed briefly on RZ or not at all:

The Reds released the following players-
    1B Rylan Thomas (due to injuries) on 2/7/20
    1B Jorge Sencion on 2/18/20
    2B Luis Cabrera on 2/18/20
    OF Deybert Lozano on 2/18/20

The Reds signed the following players-
    RHP Andrew Moore (briefly mentioned) on 2/14/20
    1B/OF Jake Gozzo (INDY league - previously undrafted) on 2/25/20

To the best of my knowledge, the Reds haven't made any other transactions between then and now (technically speaking a week ago).

The most surprising news out of all the mentions (if you weren't already aware) is Rylan Thomas being released. He received a significant signing bonus with very good results on the field. Teams are generally reluctant to let that go. And to the best of my knowledge, Rob W00t3n retired, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    The most surprising news out of all the mentions (if you weren't already aware) is Rylan Thomas being released. He received a significant signing bonus with very good results on the field. Teams are generally reluctant to let that go. And to the best of my knowledge, Rob W00t3n retired, but I could be wrong.
    W00t3n is moving onto coaching, IIRC.

Thomas got hurt. He was the 6th highest Red bonus of that draft class, at $287.5K. Once he got hurt, it was a sunk cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    W00t3n is moving onto coaching, IIRC.

Thomas got hurt. He was the 6th highest Red bonus of that draft class, at $287.5K. Once he got hurt, it was a sunk cost.
    It must have been a horrifically injury volume just a relation
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    It must have been a horrifically injury volume just a relation
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    ???
    Sorry let me to try this again that must have been a horrific injury for them to just release him.
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Sorry let me to try this again that must have been a horrific injury for them to just release him.
    LOL.

Yeah. Maybe.

13. Likes:

Rolando (05-29-2020)

That may be the greatest auto correct post I've ever read!
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

15. Likes:

Rolando (05-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Thanks I think I could have done a better post if I was drunk LOL
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    There was no way anyone could have written that purposefully. I don't know whether to love or hate the process of autocorrect, but it sure has made reading interesting at times.

Hendrik Clementina signed with an Italian team.
    The maximum Italian A1 2020 baseball championship has just started and UnipolSai Fortitudo Bologna, working to complete the roster to be made available to manager Frignani, has identified a strong player for the role of catcher, but if necessary also designated first base or batter. Coming under the two towers, directly from the Netherlands, thus playing with the "status" of community athlete, here is the new biancoblu, Hendrik Clementina, 23 years old and six seasons in the Minor League in the ranks of the Dodgers and Cincinnati Reds, franchise with which in 2019 he played in single A advanced, in the ranks of Daytona Tortugas, in the Florida State League.

The young line married by the new management of the Bolognese company therefore continues. Clementina was born in Curaçao on June 17, 1997 and becomes an athlete with an impressive physique (183 cm by 113 kg), capable of offering the best with the stick in his hand, the classic "slugger", a hitter to be inserted in the heart of the lineup, because its valid are often extrabase and capable of producing points. A real batting power: in six seasons in the Minor League he has beaten 46 home runs and 199 RBI in 357 games.

In defense, his prevailing role is catcher, an important role in determining the team's balance, but also tiring and therefore to be shared with other teammates during the week. In those races, Clementina can become an excellent first base, or simply bring her important contribution to the role of designated hitter.

At only 17 Clementina signs with the Los Angeles Dodgers, who divert him to the Dominican Summer League, a rather demanding Rookie League, in which often the best talents are sent to "make the bones". It is the 2014 season and for him there are 49 races (26 as a receiver), which ends by beating .274, with an average of .314 on base and .379 as a slugger (11 doubles, a triple and 2 home runs). In 2015 he moved to the Arizona League, always at the Rookie level, totaling 26 appearances and improving the beaten average (.284). In 2016 it is confirmed and the number of races rises to 44 (alternating between first base and catcher), but beats. 217. There are also 4 doubles for him, a triple and 6 home runs, 23 RBI and his average slugging is at .369. In 2017, it is his last year in the Rookie League and the season begins with the Dodgers, who assign him to the Ogden Raptors in Pioneer League, South Division, proving to be a hitter from another category. In 24 games he beats .370 / .439 / .554 with 5 doubles, 4 home runs and 25 RBI. In the middle of the season he passes to the Reds, who assign him at the beginning of August to the Billings Mustangs, the same league but North Division, where the averages are lowered, but he finds a way to score 6 more doubles and 2 home runs. In the season he boasts a total of 39 appearances in the role of catcher. In 2018 he goes up in single A with Dayton Dragons, Midwest League. Play 96 games of which 64 in receiver position. It beats .268 with .327 on base and .497 of slugging, totaling 22 doubles, a triple and 18 home runs, for 59 RBI. For home runs and RBI he is the best hitter of the team and is selected in the All Stars formation of the League. Finally, in 2019 he moved on to single A advanced, with Daytona. Play 91 games, including 59 behind the pot. Still important figures for him (.249 / .296 / .411), with 13 doubles, 14 home runs and 54 RBI.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I like the translated phrase "...has beaten 46 home runs...."
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds

The #Reds have signed undrafted free agent and Zionsville, IN native CF Jacob Hurtubise out of Army. Welcome to Reds Country, Jacob!
    https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1284191653381758979
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?