Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why quibble on whether he's a writer? He's the writer of that blog and my point stands: he's clueless
    You're not getting it...

The person writing the post is not a professional writer...he is not even the owner of the blog he is a fan. Some blogs allow fans to make posts and obviously they are not proofed. He wrote the post and Bengals twitter picked it up. I found it interesting so I posted it here. Sorry it did not meet your literary standards.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Cannot think of better NFC Divisional matchups than what we got.
    I think we'd have had better matchups if NO had won last week. I think Sea vs SF and GB vs NO would be much better than what we've got.

It does look like we've got a couple yawners in the AFC but hey, it is the NFL so we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    You're not getting it...

The person writing the post is not a professional writer...he is not even the owner of the blog he is a fan. Some blogs allow fans to make posts and obviously they are not proofed. He wrote the post and Bengals twitter picked it up. I found it interesting so I posted it here. Sorry it did not meet your literary standards.
    My standards? You apparently have standards for being a writer that I don't share. You and I are writers of a sort as this fan is. Sorry he doesn't meet your standards

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think we'd have had better matchups if NO had won last week. I think Sea vs SF and GB vs NO would be much better than what we've got.

It does look like we've got a couple yawners in the AFC but hey, it is the NFL so we'll see
    I like all four teams much better than NO. They are my four favorite in the NFC the last four-plus years. But, as a quality game, NO is good, too. I've been rooting for the Vikings to win the Super Bowl since Zimmer took over. Still am.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-09-2020 at 11:54 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I like all four teams much better than NO. They are my four favorite in the NFC the last four-plus years. But, as a quality game, NO is good, too. I've been rooting for the Vikings to win the Super Bowl since Zimmer took over. Still am.
    I'm with you regarding Zimmer.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-10-2020)

My guess is Minnesota goes down decisively this weekend

This is about as bad a start as possible for the Ravens. Will be interesting to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to come back.

BAL shoulda gone for the FG at the 10 minute mark in the 3rd...made it 14 - 9,but noooo.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    BAL shoulda gone for the FG at the 10 minute mark in the 3rd...made it 14 - 9,but noooo.
    Going for it was the right decision. Not sure about the play call though. They only needed 6 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That fumble from Lamar was a shockingly bad play. Casey grabbed him, Lamar stepped away from him, and then Lamar just took his time as if he completely forgot about Casey. Really bizarre

The Ravens seemed to have hit the panic button when Lamar threw an INT on the first possession. Couldn't handle adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Going for it was the right decision. Not sure about the play call though. They only needed 6 inches.

No it wasn't. There was plenty of time left, and the fg would have made it a one - possession game.

Stunning game.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

What are everyone’s thoughts on tomorrow’s games?

2019 NFL Season Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    No it wasn't. There was plenty of time left, and the fg would have made it a one - possession game.
    It was already a 1 possession game. They were down 8.

The odds of gaining 6 inches on that play are probably over 90%, especially with Lamar, and a TD is much more valuable than a FG. Going for it in situations like that is what the Ravens have done all year, and it's obviously gone well for them. Just hasn't worked today. Titans made a great play on the first one. I think Lamar screwed up the last one.

Turn Off Ads?