Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 192

Thread: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

  1. #31
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why quibble on whether he's a writer? He's the writer of that blog and my point stands: he's clueless
    You're not getting it...

    The person writing the post is not a professional writer...he is not even the owner of the blog he is a fan. Some blogs allow fans to make posts and obviously they are not proofed. He wrote the post and Bengals twitter picked it up. I found it interesting so I posted it here. Sorry it did not meet your literary standards.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,583

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Cannot think of better NFC Divisional matchups than what we got.
    I think we'd have had better matchups if NO had won last week. I think Sea vs SF and GB vs NO would be much better than what we've got.

    It does look like we've got a couple yawners in the AFC but hey, it is the NFL so we'll see

  4. #33
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,583

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    You're not getting it...

    The person writing the post is not a professional writer...he is not even the owner of the blog he is a fan. Some blogs allow fans to make posts and obviously they are not proofed. He wrote the post and Bengals twitter picked it up. I found it interesting so I posted it here. Sorry it did not meet your literary standards.
    My standards? You apparently have standards for being a writer that I don't share. You and I are writers of a sort as this fan is. Sorry he doesn't meet your standards

  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,628

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think we'd have had better matchups if NO had won last week. I think Sea vs SF and GB vs NO would be much better than what we've got.

    It does look like we've got a couple yawners in the AFC but hey, it is the NFL so we'll see
    I like all four teams much better than NO. They are my four favorite in the NFC the last four-plus years. But, as a quality game, NO is good, too. I've been rooting for the Vikings to win the Super Bowl since Zimmer took over. Still am.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-10-2020 at 12:54 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  6. #35
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    273

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I like all four teams much better than NO. They are my four favorite in the NFC the last four-plus years. But, as a quality game, NO is good, too. I've been rooting for the Vikings to win the Super Bowl since Zimmer took over. Still am.
    I'm with you regarding Zimmer.
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. - Anatole France

  7. Likes:

    Kingspoint (01-10-2020)

  8. #36
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,583

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    My guess is Minnesota goes down decisively this weekend

  9. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,103

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    This is about as bad a start as possible for the Ravens. Will be interesting to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to come back.

  10. #38
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    273

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    BAL shoulda gone for the FG at the 10 minute mark in the 3rd...made it 14 - 9,but noooo.
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. - Anatole France

  11. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    448

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    BAL shoulda gone for the FG at the 10 minute mark in the 3rd...made it 14 - 9,but noooo.
    Going for it was the right decision. Not sure about the play call though. They only needed 6 inches.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    448

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    That fumble from Lamar was a shockingly bad play. Casey grabbed him, Lamar stepped away from him, and then Lamar just took his time as if he completely forgot about Casey. Really bizarre


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,103

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    The Ravens seemed to have hit the panic button when Lamar threw an INT on the first possession. Couldn't handle adversity.

  14. #42
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    273

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Going for it was the right decision. Not sure about the play call though. They only needed 6 inches.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it wasn't. There was plenty of time left, and the fg would have made it a one - possession game.
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. - Anatole France

  15. #43
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    23,736

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Stunning game.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  16. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,421

    Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

    What are everyone’s thoughts on tomorrow’s games?

  17. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    448

    2019 NFL Season Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    No it wasn't. There was plenty of time left, and the fg would have made it a one - possession game.
    It was already a 1 possession game. They were down 8.

    The odds of gaining 6 inches on that play are probably over 90%, especially with Lamar, and a TD is much more valuable than a FG. Going for it in situations like that is what the Ravens have done all year, and it's obviously gone well for them. Just hasn't worked today. Titans made a great play on the first one. I think Lamar screwed up the last one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator