Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

If the Ravens can get a three and out here, never know...

2. Turn Off Ads?

That was a FANTASTIC QB sneak by Tannehill. Textbook.

Derrick Henry could attain legend status this postseason.

I’ve always said I don’t know why Alabama went away from him in that OSU-Bama playoff game.

Did you guys see Lamar Jackson account for over 500 yards? Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Did you guys see Lamar Jackson account for over 500 yards? Unbelievable!
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...shocked-titans ...

Jackson wasn't sharp in throwing high and behind receivers against a Titans defense that rarely blitzed him.
    He finished 21/59 passing for 365 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. He threw the ball almost 60 times for an average of 6 yds/attempt, and completing only 1/3 of them. For the most part, that has been their passing game (attack) during the regular season. Not saying Jackson can't (and hasn't) thrown the ball downfield, but his accuracy dips, and that has been the knock on him.

Plus, Ingram was hurt, and they abandoned the run game in the second half, became pretty one dimensional. Uncharacteristic when you look at this team during the regular season.

And this morning everyone is now talking how this makes him 0-2 in the post-season, both first round exits, and that he has five turnovers. What could this mean? IMO, not much. Not at this stage of his young career. He's been in the league two years - and led his team to the post-season in both. A lot of QBs in the league would like to be in his shoes.

Jackson's a talent. And IMO, it's all about having the right offensive scheme (players) for him to excel, maximize his talents (while minimizing any weaknesses). The only concern most have with run-option QBs (other then in some areas of the passing game) is health/injury and beating they will take each and every week.

But when it comes to the AFC North, Cin/Clev are facing up against two organizations that, even if they go through some "regression" (aging players, etc), or fall short, their organizations will aggressively address those weaknesses not simply because they want to win - but know how to win. They don't "sit on their hands".

Could be interesting with three Heisman QBs in the AFC North.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-12-2020 at 04:27 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

7. Likes:

Todd Gack (01-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...shocked-titans ...

He finished 21/59 passing for 365 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. He threw the ball almost 60 times for an average of 6 yds/attempt, and completing only 1/3 of them. For the most part, that has been their passing game (attack) during the regular season. Not saying Jackson can't (and hasn't) thrown the ball downfield, but his accuracy dips, and that has been the knock on him.

Plus, Ingram was hurt, and they abandoned the run game in the second half, became pretty one dimensional. Uncharacteristic when you look at this team during the regular season.

And this morning everyone is now talking how this makes him 0-2 in the post-season, both first round exits, and that he has five turnovers. What could this mean? IMO, not much. Not at this stage of his young career. He's been in the league two years - and led his team to the post-season in both. A lot of QBs in the league would like to be in his shoes.

Could be interesting with three Heisman QBs in the AFC North.
    Jackson actually completed 31 of his 59 passing attempts, which still isn't very good, and while watching the game it felt as if his passing percentage was less than that. Almost every time the Ravens threatened to get in the endzone, the Titans stopped them. Jackson had more than 500 combined yards, yet the Ravens only scored 12 points.
    Jackson is still a remarkable QB, and I expect he will have many more chances.
    Assuming the Bengals draft Burrow and RGIII remains a backup at Baltimore, there will be four Heisman QBs in the AFC North.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 01-12-2020 at 08:00 AM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

9. Likes:

Chip R (01-13-2020)

So, Jackson is basically Andy Dalton at this point.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

Sea Ray (01-12-2020)

Pretty much everyone on the offensive side of the ball crapped the bed tonight for Baltimore and Tennessee executed their game plan. The puzzle pieces will start to come together next year in the NFL with this offense.

As for the game on Jackson's first INT, everyone wants to talk about how the receiver dropped it (it wasn't a perfect pass but prolly should've been caught), Jackson commits just a really, really dumb personal foul and you could see his night was going to be long. It was in his head from the beginning. Then on their first 4th and 1, Jackson, instead of following the guard, runs right into the back of the guard and gets stuffed. I don't even know what he was thinking. Just another dumb play.

And then, after the Titans go up 14-0, it was the possession of the night for Baltimore. They pass 3 times and go 3 and out! Inexcusable. Pretty much set the tone for the rest of the night with their play calling. Roman had a terrible night. Of course, Ingram was injured and so was Andrews. But then again, I TALKED ABOUT THIS ALL YEAR. Everything was perfectly lined up for Lamar this season with everyone healthy. And then they're not and Lamar has to pass more to win.

You can talk about the receivers dropping passes and rightfully so, but man how many wobbly ducks were thrown up too? Just awful, awful passes. Jackson was shook after that initial interception. And then the dumbest play of the night was his 4th and 1 "QB Sneak." Just incredibly stupid. His lack of intelligence really showed up tonight.

The real issue tonight was that Jackson passed 56 times. If that happens, Baltimore is always going to be toast, as will most teams.

Interesting tweet.
    NFL Research
    @NFLResearch
    Lamar Jackson in 5 NFL playoff or college bowl games:

• 1-4 record
    • 10 touchdowns
    • 10 giveaways

#TENvsBAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    It was already a 1 possession game. They were down 8.

The odds of gaining 6 inches on that play are probably over 90%, especially with Lamar, and a TD is much more valuable than a FG. Going for it in situations like that is what the Ravens have done all year, and it's obviously gone well for them. Just hasn't worked today. Titans made a great play on the first one. I think Lamar screwed up the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It certainly was an odd play...what was Jackson looking for with all that dancing? I think he wanted to score instead of just getting the conversion.

Yes, it would be one score with a two point conversion. But I think the two point try is being used too early in recent years. I am going to get points out of my drive - being behind 14 to 9 with 25 minutes left in the game isn't a terrible spot. Just a philosophical matter, I suppose. Tough for BAL that Henry took it for 60+ yards.

Congrats to TEN. Great year for BAL, too.

Holy crap this game!

Dee- fense! Dee - fense!

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    It certainly was an odd play...what was Jackson looking for with all that dancing? I think he wanted to score instead of just getting the conversion.

Yes, it would be one score with a two point conversion. But I think the two point try is being used too early in recent years. I am going to get points out of my drive - being behind 14 to 9 with 25 minutes left in the game isn't a terrible spot. Just a philosophical matter, I suppose. Tough for BAL that Henry took it for 60+ yards.

Congrats to TEN. Great year for BAL, too.
    1) His sneak was just awful. Did he ever learn that the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line?

2) I was screaming at the TV when they went for 2 instead of kicking the XP. YOU DON'T NEED A 2PT CONVERSION RIGHT NOW! Lengthen the game out as long as possible!

3) You're right. Tennessee deserves more credit. Great game plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Holy crap this game!
    The NFL is drunk this weekend.

I think the 2 point conversion call was the right one. If they got it, great. 2 TD game. Since they missed it, they were still two TDs and two 2 pointers away from tying. So if they scored three TDs, they had to miss 2 two pointers not to tie instead of just one.

19. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-12-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Damn what a game between the Chefs and Oilers.

Turn Off Ads?