Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

Re: 2019 NFL Season Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Right. He’s 1-5 in Championship games. 1-4 will Philly and 0-1 with KC before today.
    Reid has been riding coat tails of talented teams his entire career. He’s an awful in-game coach and now he’s getting another shot with a rare talent at QB. I mean, they’re still going to win this game but small things like not expecting a fake punt and just letting your defense on the field and kicks he ball is why he’s such a terrible coach.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Reid has been riding coat tails of talented teams his entire career. He’s an awful in-game coach and now he’s getting another shot with a rare talent at QB. I mean, they’re still going to win this game but small things like not expecting a fake punt and just letting your defense on the field and kicks he ball is why he’s such a terrible coach.
    Yeah the other side of that coin is his teams are almost always relevant and have been for like 20 seasons. He has had some pretty egregious time management issues before for sure, but I still think he’s a top 5 coach in the league. I like this KC team a lot and I’m rooting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Andy Reid is a bad coach is some kind of hot take. He's now made 7 conference championship games and 2 Super Bowls. He would have made it last year too but for a terrible offsides on 4th down on Dee Ford. He made the Chiefs into an explosive offense with Alex Smith. He's not perfect, and his biggest flaw is clock management, but he's one of the best offensive coaches of all time.

This team is talented like a Belichick team. Mahomes is obviously incredible, but there's no skill position first round picks besides Watkins (who has been a disappointment), but he finds the skills he's looking for and designs an offense around them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-20-2020),GAC (01-20-2020),Revering4Blue (01-19-2020),westofyou (01-19-2020)

The last time the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl I was in second grade

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-20-2020),North (01-19-2020),Tuff Nut (01-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

1st year of college for me.
    Last edited by North; 01-19-2020 at 07:20 PM.

9. Likes:

westofyou (01-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Andy Reid is a bad coach is some kind of hot take. He's now made 7 conference championship games and 2 Super Bowls. He would have made it last year too but for a terrible offsides on 4th down on Dee Ford. He made the Chiefs into an explosive offense with Alex Smith. He's not perfect, and his biggest flaw is clock management, but he's one of the best offensive coaches of all time.

This team is talented like a Belichick team. Mahomes is obviously incredible, but there's no skill position first round picks besides Watkins (who has been a disappointment), but he finds the skills he's looking for and designs an offense around them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it. I know how successful his teams have been and I know it's considered a 'hot take' by saying he's terrible, but look around the league in terms of NFL head coaches. If I had to pick someone to start my team/franchise, he's definitely not in my Top 10.

As for Smith, he had arguably his best year his last year with the 49ers before going to KC.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    1st year of college for me.
    I wasn't born yet.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

North (01-19-2020),UKFlounder (01-19-2020)

After Mostert’s fourth TD, making it 34-7, Troy Aikman just said the Niners took the Packers manhood.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-20-2020)

Looks like they are taking it back, total choke job in progress now.
    Go Gators!

Welp, the biggest question of the Super Bowl is whether or not KC can force JG to win the game. If they can, they’ll win.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-19-2020),ScotlandRed (01-19-2020)

I’d also like to point out that had GB not tried to idiotically try to chase points with their 2pt conversion, it’d still be a 2 possession game. The game is all but over anyway, but I thought the decision to go for two was dumb. I don’t know what NFL HC’s obsessions are with going for two way too early. Just wait until you absolutely have to.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 01-19-2020 at 09:42 PM.

19. Likes:

North (01-19-2020),Revering4Blue (01-19-2020)

The two best teams I saw this year play each other for the title. The team speed of KC on offense and S.F. on defense were elite for the NFL this year. I think the Packers showed one way to attack that worked - short quick passes.

Lol. I was in 11th grade. Workin' on mysteries without any clues.

Otis Taylor has a big play IIRC. Joe Kapp got beat to crap by the KC defense.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

22. Likes:

North (01-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Lol. I was in 11th grade. Workin' on mysteries without any clues.

Otis Taylor has a big play IIRC. Joe Kapp got beat to crap by the KC defense.
    I was a freshman. The Reds being dominated by the Orioles (Robinson) in the World Series kinda overshadowed that Super Bowl memory for me (LOL).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

One of the things that impressed me with Lamar Jackson's blazing speed was that it enabled him to beat the opposition to the outside edge (either side). It was like a race to see who was going to get there first. Because once Jackson turned that outside corner - look out.

IMO, Mahomes may be #2 after watching his TD run yesterday. A thing of beauty. To not only have that kind of speed, but the quick "mind-set" that enables you to adjust (agility) with moves that are so smooth it almost look like you're toying with the opposition (lol).

These types of QBs have really forced some changes, re-thinking, on the role of the LBer in the NFL.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?