Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea with Colorado

Re: Trade Idea with Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    I’m willing to roll the dice on Story. How about this package.

Rox get:
    Blandino
    India
    Mahle
    Winker

Reds get:
    Story
    Gray

Measures out about even on the trade simulator (1pt diff).

Rockies get a nice return that would help them with a quick turn around.

Reds potentially get a package that puts them over the top.

1. Akiyama - LF
    2. Votto - 1B
    3. Suarez - 3B
    4. Moustakas - 2B
    5. Story - SS
    6. Aquino - RF
    7. Barnhart - C
    8. Pitcher
    9. Senzel - CF

Castillo
    Gray
    Gray
    Bauer
    Miley

Disco goes to the pen or is traded
    I like it. I just don't think the Rockies would do it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    I’m willing to roll the dice on Story. How about this package.

Rox get:
    Blandino
    India
    Mahle
    Winker

Reds get:
    Story
    Gray
    I doubt they would trade Story alone for that package. Blandino has no value, their OF is way too big for Winker to cover, and Mahle would give 5 HR per game in home games. Senzel, India, Santillian, and J. Garcia might be in the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I doubt they would trade Story alone for that package. Blandino has no value, their OF is way too big for Winker to cover, and Mahle would give 5 HR per game in home games. Senzel, India, Santillian, and J. Garcia might be in the ballpark.
    I agree ORB’s offer is too light, but yours goes overboard the other way.

Your offer would be more than enough to net Lindor, and Story has much less trade value than Lindor..
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I agree ORB’s offer is too light, but yours goes overboard the other way.

Your offer would be more than enough to net Lindor, and Story has much less trade value than Lindor..
    My proposed offer was for Story and Gray.

My proposed offer was for Story and Gray.
    Okay, thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense, but that still seems like an overpay. Senzel is worth more than Story, imo, and Gray is worth one of the prospects. Remember, the Rockies players are gong to be in their final two seasons of arbitration, meaning they will be getting paid tens of millions of dollars each.

I know the trade simulator is wonky, but it has your package worth 152 points of trade value, and Story/Gray worth 89 combined.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I might do Senzel for Story if we could get Colorado to throw in Carlos Estevez(2.84 ERA in 73 career road innings) to help out the pen.

If the Cardinals are closing in on Arenado, it sure would be nice for the Reds to offer up a package for Story that the Rockies could not turn down. Doubtful the Rockies would move both of them, so if the reds could land Story somewhat quickly, they could also potentially prevent the Cards from acquiring Arenado.

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post
    If the Cardinals are closing in on Arenado, it sure would be nice for the Reds to offer up a package for Story that the Rockies could not turn down. Doubtful the Rockies would move both of them, so if the reds could land Story somewhat quickly, they could also potentially prevent the Cards from acquiring Arenado.
    I don't get why they'd trade one and not the other. If the Rockies trade Arenado, they should trade Story *and* Gray and build around Brendan Rogers, German Marquez, Ryan Rolison and the next group of guys they get from trading the 3 stars. By 2022 they'd have basically all big contracts (outside of Blackmon) off the books and could begin fresh with a new young core and loads of money to spend. Or maybe they convince one of Gray/Story to extend with Arenado's money and just do a smaller re-tool.

10. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (01-13-2020)

Lets just say "F it" and go get Arenado. Move Suarez to CF and put Senzel at SS

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    It's not a real proposed trade thread until a move Suarez to CF suggestion comes up.

In any trade for a major shortstop Reds are probably going to have to offer Senzel. I don’t see many substitutes. Reds aren’t trading Suarez, Moustakas, Shogo (yet), Castillo, Gray in these deals. Other team won’t want short termers like Bauer. Votto’s contract won’t sell now. Iglesias is coming off a less-than-stellar season. Aquino still unproven.

Maybe Greene, Lodolo and/or Tyler Stephenson could be a lead piece, although I can’t see trading Greene right now. Let him show what he has after surgery. I guess a package of two of those prospects might do it.

Some of these targeted shortstops like Lindor, Story, Seager don’t bring long-term control. So that’s another issue.

If Reds did pick up an outfielder in FA, like Castellanos or Ozuna, it would certainly make it easier to trade Senzel for a shortstop. The OF would be solidified even without Nick. Without him in the deal, it’s hard to see a major shortstop trade happening.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-13-2020 at 12:12 PM.

It's not a real proposed trade thread until a move Suarez to CF suggestion comes up.
    Clearly there must be something else cooking because the Reds still only have one true shortstop in Galvis. They will need another one either way.

Since we have suggested moving Suarez to CF, I think we ought to start that Lorenzen to shortstop discussion as well. The Reds are on record that they want him to expand his two-way role and he has been described as the best athlete on the team.
    "Baseball is only dull to those with dull minds."

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    In any trade for a major shortstop Reds are probably going to have to offer Senzel.
    Depends on the echelon, of course.

A combination of Lodolo and India or Greene or Garcia or T. Stephenson would be very attractive, I would think. Perhaps more than Senzel as a primary piece and a lesser prospect with him.

Were I Colorado's GM, a package centered on Lodolo and Greene (along with, say Fairchild?) would probably get Story. If I'm Cleveland, I'd probably want those two and T. Stephenson.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Or get Story and everyone stays where they have a actual chance to catch the ball.

BTW, let's put Votto back at catcher.

At this point I think I'd rather trade Senzel than Lodolo. If Senzel has another injury plagued mediocre season his value will plummet. The Reds basically have to make a decision on Senzel this off season either he's here for the long haul or you move him for a premium piece while he can still bring one back. Lodolo has all the makings of a long term middle of the rotation lefty on the cheap with perhaps ace upside.

Turn Off Ads?