Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 436 to 445 of 445

Thread: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

  1. #436
    GO REDS *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I wonder if Sindergaard will be non-tendered?
    I'd think he would have some trade appeal to some of the wealthier clubs...

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #437
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Good news is he should be back right around the time MLB returns.

  4. #438
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,668

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I wonder if we'll see several Tommy Johns here soon with the uncertainty of if we're even going to have a 2020 season.
    This isn't my idea as I've seen it speculated many times - it will be interesting to see if players (pitchers) going home to train on "their own" will lead to more injuries. I bet a lot of them are trying to figure out the best way to stay in pitching shape and some are pushing themselves too much or in the wrong way.

  5. Likes:

    Chip R (03-25-2020)

  6. #439
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    This isn't my idea as I've seen it speculated many times - it will be interesting to see if players (pitchers) going home to train on "their own" will lead to more injuries. I bet a lot of them are trying to figure out the best way to stay in pitching shape and some are pushing themselves too much or in the wrong way.
    Makes me glad to have DJ; he seems well equipped to be able to offer video coaching and data-driven training to his guys.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

  7. Likes:

    kaldaniels (03-25-2020)

  8. #440
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    27,636

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    According to various press accounts, MLB and the players union are discussing several issues relating to the coronavirus shutdown.

    Including - how will a shortened season, or no baseball season, impact salary amounts to the players?

    And further - how will a shortened season, or no baseball season, impact player service time?

    In the Reds’ case, they traded for Trevor Bauer. Could he become a free agent without pitching a full 2020 season for the Reds, indeed potentially having no 2020 season in which to pitch for the Reds?

    Another player who comes to mind is Castellanos who has an option to leave after his first year. Will that option be exercisable if there is a shortened or no 2020 season?

    These issues are worth following for Reds fans.
    Last edited by Kc61; 03-25-2020 at 10:30 PM.

  9. Likes:

    Cherokee (03-26-2020),Old school 1983 (03-26-2020),REDREAD (03-25-2020)

  10. #441
    Haunted by walks
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    9,195

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have a deal, sources tell ESPN. The players have voted on it already. MLB owners are expected to ratify it tomorrow. An excellent sign that draws a path forward as baseball tries to figure out when it will return.

    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan

    2m
    The most important thing for the players: In the doomsday scenario of no 2020 season, they will get full service time, meaning Mookie Betts, Trevor Bauer, Marcus Stroman, J.T. Realmuto and others will be free agents in November regardless of whether games are played.

    In the deal, MLB has the right to shorten the 2020 draft to five rounds, sources tell ESPN. Additionally, it can delay the start of the international signing period to as late as January 2021.
    Last edited by BCubb2003; 03-26-2020 at 08:56 PM.

  11. #442
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,636

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have a deal, sources tell ESPN. The players have voted on it already. MLB owners are expected to ratify it tomorrow. An excellent sign that draws a path forward as baseball tries to figure out when it will return.

    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan

    2m
    The most important thing for the players: In the doomsday scenario of no 2020 season, they will get full service time, meaning Mookie Betts, Trevor Bauer, Marcus Stroman, J.T. Realmuto and others will be free agents in November regardless of whether games are played.

    In the deal, MLB has the right to shorten the 2020 draft to five rounds, sources tell ESPN. Additionally, it can delay the start of the international signing period to as late as January 2021.
    Will they get paid for games missed?

  12. #443
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    27,636

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Will they get paid for games missed?
    Player salaries will be prorated depending on the number of games played. So no, they won’t be paid for a full season. Players are agreeing not to sue for the unpaid salary.

    Just guessing the proration of salaries was a trade off for full season service time. Owners are paying $170 million up front to provide some cash to be paid to players during April and May.

  13. #444
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,672

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Look for service time games to be played with some young players. Or even those with options.

    For example, if you can keep a guy for an extra year by keeping him in the minors for a weeks, what's to stop teams from doing just that?

  14. #445
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,636

    Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Look for service time games to be played with some young players. Or even those with options.

    For example, if you can keep a guy for an extra year by keeping him in the minors for a weeks, what's to stop teams from doing just that?
    Well that's nothing new. They've always done that


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator