Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

Re: 2019-2020 MLB Off Season news and discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The St. Louis Cardinals are trading OF Jose Martinez, OF Randy Arozarena and a Compensation A pick (after 1st round) to the Tampa Bay Rays for LHP prospect Matt Liberatore, a low-level catching prospect and Compensation B pick (post-2nd), sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN.

Passan

That’s a strange trade, y’all.
    Hmm....Arozarena is Cuban player and solid prospect, back to back 1.000 OPS years in the minor leagues. I think Rays won that at least in the short term. Cards got worse for next year. Liberatore could be really good in a couple years though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sure does feel like the Cardinals are shuffling pieces around to go after Arrenado.

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Source confirms: #Rays getting Jose Martinez, Randy Arozarena and a Comp A pick from #STLCards for Matthew Liberatore, a catching prospect and a Comp B pick. First reported:
    @JeffPassan

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesdad View Post
    Their setting the stage for a trade for Arredondo and signing Ozuna and making themselves the clear favorites in the central. Your move Reds. Better make a couple good ones to catch back up.
    Arenado is 100% speculation and Ozuna was on the team last year
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I feel like the Cardinals organization could purchase a chair for the clubhouse and half of reds fans would flip out and cry about how that is how a real org operates and the reds need to catch up.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

757690 (01-09-2020),JCM11 (01-09-2020),Mitri (01-09-2020),RedlegJake (01-09-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-09-2020)

If they trade for Arenado that will probably be it, I doubt very much they'd sign Ozuna on top of that. They simply aren't that kind of a spending team even if they'd be well suited to do it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    While Matt Liberatore is a very highly touted prospect, one NL evaluator likes this deal for the Rays: They get a bat in Martinez that kills LHP, a guy in Arozarena who has hit everywhere and move up about 40 spots in the draft. Called it "an excellent move for a win-now team."
    Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    ·
    21m
    @JeffPassan
    That said: The Cardinals traded from an area of extreme depth in their outfield and got someone in Liberatore regarded as one of the best pitching prospects in the game. Gives them tons of options. This can't be seen as anything but a win for them, too.

12. Likes:

DocRed (01-09-2020)

Bob Nightengale
    @BNightengale
    Free agent OF Marcell Ozuna tells
    @hgomez27
    : ‘St. Louis is on the hunt. We will see which one of the two will be (Cardinals/Rangers). I’ve been in St. Louis and I like the city. My first option will be St. Louis. If they step up I will stay, if not I will find a new home."

I feel like the Cardinals organization could purchase a chair for the clubhouse and half of reds fans would flip out and cry about how that is how a real org operates and the reds need to catch up.
    I think BluesDad is a Cards fan. (Like St Louis Blues)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

so that sounds like the Reds are not in the picture any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Hmm....Arozarena is Cuban player and solid prospect, back to back 1.000 OPS years in the minor leagues. I think Rays won that at least in the short term. Cards got worse for next year. Liberatore could be really good in a couple years though.
    Arozarena has one minor league year with an OPS over .792. That was last year in a juiced ball PCL where the average OPS .831.

He's filler.

Don't bring up clubhouse chairs. It's still a touchy subject over a decade later.

18. Likes:

CySeymour (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesdad View Post
    Their setting the stage for a trade for Arredondo and signing Ozuna and making themselves the clear favorites in the central. Your move Reds. Better make a couple good ones to catch back up.
    Welcome to Redszone Blues dad. It's been speculated you are a Cards fan. Good luck acquiring Arredondo!

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Welcome to Redszone Blues dad. It's been speculated you are a Cards fan. Good luck acquiring Arredondo!
    lol

Turn Off Ads?