Everything's coming up roses for Jeremy Pruitt and Tennessee. It was mentioned two yrs ago that the Vols were losing recruits due to the coaching search after Butch Jones and dysfunction in Knoxville. I wrote this at the time:

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
Forget flipping guys already committed.

I'll be thrilled if the Vols new coach can bring back guys who flipped from UT to undecided in the weeks since Butch was fired. One such example is 5 star offensive tackle Cade Mays who's from Knoxville and whose Dad played for the Vols and was All SEC in 1994 and a team captain.

You're right that this eternal optimism doesn't get you anywhere until we see results from the field. This is akin to getting excited on draft day for Bengal fans, a condition I know all too well...

I do think Pruitt is a far better fit than Schiano. One thing that can't be underestimated is that Pruitt is a southerner. Any of you who went to college in the south will get this. They're not so keen on a guy from Michigan like Butch Jones or a guy like Schiano from Jersey. They want to hear that southern drawl. Here are some comments typical of Vol fans:

"I'm happy we have a good ol' Southern boy coaching the Vols again"

"At least he doesn't have a Yankee accent."

The bottom line is this:

"Homerun hire! Gonna do great! We dodged a bullet. Imagine being saddled with John Currie and GS for the next 3-5 years! Thanks CPF!!!" CFP=Coach Philip Fulmer

I liked Fulmer's comment here about his hire:

"...his energy and personality is infectious"

That would not be said about Greg Schiano. The Vols are in need of some positive energy around there.

The Vols immediate expectations seem reasonable from what I can discern. They just want Pruitt to get them back to being Bowl eligible next yr
Well now there's this:

Sources: Georgia sophomore OL Cade Mays enters transfer portal, will stay in SEC East at Tennessee

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...east-tennessee

I see Cade Mays had a change of heart and he now feels like life is better in Knoxville. It took him a couple yrs to figure it out but yeah, come back home Cade. His brother is a 4 star lineman and he's coming to UT in the 2020 class.

Jeremy Pruitt must be doing something right if he can pawn talent away from Georgia