Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Interested in Seager

Re: Reds Interested in Seager

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I'd do Senzel & Iglesias plus for Seager & a OF. Not totally against Bauer, but there needs to be an arm coming back. Greene? Very hesitant. Lodolo? Aw hell no!

All in all, if Lindor's off the table, then Story would be my fallback SS option.

I"m thinking if the end SS result is Seager, the Reds wiil be the 3rd wheel in a 3-way swap for Lindor. Come away with Seager, an OF and a young BP arm from LA and Clevinger from the Tribe and I'd put up Senzel, Galvis, India, Bauer & Iglesias.
    Senzel, Bauer, India, Iglesias and Galvis for 2 years of Seager, "an OF" and a bullpen arm?

You. Are. Nuts.

Edit: just saw Clevinger as well. That makes more sense.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ACredsfan4 View Post
    No way I’m trading Senzel, but I would love to add him.
    What's the rationale behind Senzel being a "no way?"
    Rounding third and heading for home...

4. Likes:

TRF (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I have severe reservations about trading with The Dodgers again.

If you’re going to pay a steep price anyway, go get Lindor.
    We kinda owe the Dodgers for taking Homer off our hands

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Not for Seager.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    We kinda owe the Dodgers for taking Homer off our hands
    We paid a nice price in Downs and Gray.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-10-2020),Rojo Rijo (01-10-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ACredsfan4 View Post
    Not for Seager.
    I think he's asking that while wanting to hold onto Senzel in lieu of trading for Seager is a valid opinion to hold, what rationale brought you to that opinion?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I think he's asking that while wanting to hold onto Senzel in lieu of trading for Seager is a valid opinion to hold, what rationale brought you to that opinion?
    Yeah. I like Senzel. I just haven’t seen too many people put him in those terms. Is it more about Seager?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    We paid a nice price in Downs and Gray.
    Maybe. But I'm also wondering ... besides all the players flying around on both sides of this deal (LOL) ... if that LA deal didn't also enable the Red's management to better position themselves where they are now financially, where they can now spend in this off-season, increase pay-roll?

Seager? You got a 25 yr old SS with these career numbers (5 seasons) .... .272 .335 .483 .817 4.0 WAR ... the question is health/durability (at a demanding position). '18 was a wash because of TJ surgery and arthroscopic surgery on his left hip. Second half of this season he was in and out of line-up struggling with a left hamstring strain. Will this possibly be a variable the Reds can play off of to their advantage in any potential deal? We'll still have to make a sacrifice, give something up, but it won't be as great? Why are the Dodgers so willing to shop Seagar?

Don't know what "have shown interest in" really means as far as the level of Red's management's interest? They did exercise the option on Galvis; but I don't think they would stop Williams if he could swing a palatable deal with LA for Seager.

Here's everyone's chance to get rid of Iglesias maybe? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    he probably means "no way" for a good-but-nowhere-near-great player like corey seager.

as others have said, if the reds are going to trade senzel, it needs to be for a true impact player like lindor. corey seager is an upgrade over freddy galvis, but he's not even close to what i would call an impact player.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    he probably means "no way" for a good-but-nowhere-near-great player like corey seager.

as others have said, if the reds are going to trade senzel, it needs to be for a true impact player like lindor. corey seager is an upgrade over freddy galvis, but he's not even close to what i would call an impact player.
    His last 3 full seasons, Seager has put up bWAR of 5.9, 5.7 and 4. That's not an impact player?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-10-2020),REDREAD (01-21-2020),TRF (01-10-2020)

Seager would be a nice addition, but it's gonna hurt when Gray and Trammell and Senzel and Greene or whomever else are all playing in Dodger blue and providing killer value.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-10-2020),DocRed (01-10-2020),Edd Roush (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    His last 3 full seasons, Seager has put up bWAR of 5.9, 5.7 and 4. That's not an impact player?
    he's also going downhill and has suffered a lot of injuries for a 25-year-old. serious injuries.

again, why would the dodgers be shopping him if they believed he was an impact shortstop?

and maybe "impact" is too generic a word. maybe a phrase like "clear difference-maker" would be better? seager makes the reds better; but not markedly better imo.
    Last edited by JFLegal; 01-10-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Dodgers don't need Senzel. Every position he plays, they have an equal or better option.

To make this work you have to give the Dodgers something they actually need or will need in 1-2 years. Because trading Seager today does not help the Dodgers in the 2020 post season sans an overpay of MLB ready talent.

That means Greene or Lodolo, and I have zero interest in losing the guys that will replace Miley and Bauer.

If the Dodgers have a weakness, or at least uncertainty its their pen. And that isn't a place the Reds have an abundance of talent either.

Kinda hard to see this as a fit. Senzel as a key piece for Lindor makes more sense for both teams.

It isn't that I would not want Seager. I just fail to see the fit with the Dodgers as a partner without help.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

19. Likes:

Falls City Beer (01-10-2020),Mitri (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Dodgers don't need Senzel. Every position he plays, they have an equal or better option.

To make this work you have to give the Dodgers something they actually need or will need in 1-2 years. Because trading Seager today does not help the Dodgers in the 2020 post season sans an overpay of MLB ready talent.

That means Greene or Lodolo, and I have zero interest in losing the guys that will replace Miley and Bauer.

If the Dodgers have a weakness, or at least uncertainty its their pen. And that isn't a place the Reds have an abundance of talent either.

Kinda hard to see this as a fit. Senzel as a key piece for Lindor makes more sense for both teams.

It isn't that I would not want Seager. I just fail to see the fit with the Dodgers as a partner without help.
    Justin Turner is 35 and a free agent after this season.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Seager would be a nice addition, but it's gonna hurt when Gray and Trammell and Senzel and Greene or whomever else are all playing in Dodger blue and providing killer value.
    This is probably the whole crux. Eventually, the Reds will need positive contribution from young players since they really can't afford to pay already established big leaguers at at every position.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

23. Likes:

HammerTime (01-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?