Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Luhnow and Hinch suspended for a year; subsequently fired

Re: Luhnow and Hinch suspended for a year; subsequently fired

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    So far four people have lost their jobs as a result of these investigations. That should serve as a deterrent going forward.
    But not the people responsible
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Likes:

wlf WV (01-26-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

How MLB Handled Sign Stealing Before Punishing Astros

The history of illicit sign stealing in Major League Baseball can be separated into a "before" and "after," with Sept. 15, 2017 being the dividing line.
    1961 Reds

According to Cincinnati pitcher Jay Hook, his team put a scout, a former pitcher named Brooks Lawrence, in the centerfield scoreboard at Crosley Field to steal signs and relay them to the dugout via telephone. Hook made his comments after joining the Mets in 1962.

Presaging Fiers, Hook said then, “I didn’t say anything about it, but now I’m on the Mets and I want to protect the Mets against that sort of thing. I think it’s wrong.

“The commissioner [Ford Frick] should see that a ruling is put in against it, and enforce it. A $10,000 fine would be a good idea.”
    https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/01/23/si...astros-red-sox

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...teammates-well

Keuchel knew all about it.

Well if anything that blows a hole in the “the pitchers wouldn’t have known” narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...teammates-well

Keuchel knew all about it.

Well if anything that blows a hole in the “the pitchers wouldn’t have known” narrative.
    I love people who apologize while making excuses.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Twitter is going nuts after seemingly credible allegations were posted that Mike Fiers has had sexual relations with underage girls.

These are RUMORS and not verified, nor had there yet been any announcement from law enforcement. My guess is this is a coordinated attack by someone seeking revenge.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

wlf WV (01-26-2020)

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-award-dodgers

The Los Angeles City Council unanimously approved a resolution Tuesday urging Major League Baseball to strip recent World Series championships from the Houston Astros and Boston Red Sox and award them to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The resolution, originally presented by council members Gil Cedillo and Paul Koretz on Wednesday, notes the sign-stealing allegations brought against the 2017 Astros and 2018 Red Sox and asks MLB commissioner Rob Manfred to "recall the World Series Commissioner's Trophies and award them to the Los Angeles Dodgers."
    The Dodger manager/players responded that they don't want no fake banner over their stadium. They didn't earn it. Just frustrated at the whole thing, but move on.

I thought the investigation is still on-going when it came to Boston. So my question is - has MLB found evidence that the Sox did it also during their '18 World Series?
    Last edited by GAC; 01-26-2020 at 04:07 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-award-dodgers

The Dodger manager/players responded that they don't want no fake banner over their stadium. They didn't earn it. Just frustrated at the whole thing, but move on.

I thought the investigation is still on-going when it came to Boston. So my question is - has MLB found evidence that the Sox did it also during their '18 World Series?
    It's prioritized right up there with the NFL's "ongoing investigation" of the Patriots filming the Bengals sideline.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

wlf WV (01-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Twitter is going nuts after seemingly credible allegations were posted that Mike Fiers has had sexual relations with underage girls.

These are RUMORS and not verified, nor had there yet been any announcement from law enforcement. My guess is this is a coordinated attack by someone seeking revenge.
    Honestly, it seemed really fishy last night and even moreso today. The "Andrew" account was deleted, her IG history, asking for money to provide proof, a bunch of Houston fans apparently involved, etc.

It may end up being true, but multiple people trying to sell the story (including the alleged victim) to a bunch of different baseball folks definitely raises eyebrows.

13. Likes:

DocRed (01-30-2020),NebraskaRed (01-26-2020),The Operator (01-26-2020),WrongVerb (01-26-2020)

Ryan Braun was asked about sign-stealing. “Everybody’s paranoid that we do it. Everybody’s convinced that we’ve done some of those things, but we’ve never even given signs from second base in my 14 years here.”
    Case closed on the Brewers' involvement in this.

If you can't believe Braun, who can you believe?

15. Likes:

757690 (01-26-2020),alwaysawarrior (01-27-2020),Chip R (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Case closed on the Brewers' involvement in this.

If you can't believe Braun, who can you believe?
    My favorite line from the article:

“Noted bastion of honesty and integrity Ryan Braun...”

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

17. Likes:

Chip R (01-27-2020),DocRed (01-30-2020),NebraskaRed (01-26-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Honestly, it seemed really fishy last night and even moreso today. The "Andrew" account was deleted, her IG history, asking for money to provide proof, a bunch of Houston fans apparently involved, etc.

It may end up being true, but multiple people trying to sell the story (including the alleged victim) to a bunch of different baseball folks definitely raises eyebrows.
    I do actually recall hearing this about Fiers before a while ago, like before any of the Astros stuff got started.

https://twitter.com/adams_at/status/...761911296?s=21

There a wealth of information in this entire thread, which is long. It breaks down which games the Astros cheated the most (surprise, they won nearly all of them) and which players cheated the most.

Amazing commitment to the research, I can’t imagine how many hours it took to completely this.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

DocRed (01-30-2020),GullyFoyle (01-30-2020),REDREAD (02-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

There a wealth of information in this entire thread, which is long. It breaks down which games the Astros cheated the most (surprise, they won nearly all of them) and which players cheated the most.

Amazing commitment to the research, I can’t imagine how many hours it took to completely this.
    Marwin Gonzalez’s .900 OPS season sure makes a lot more sense now
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

22. Likes:

HammerTime (02-06-2020)

It will be interesting to see Altuve's numbers next year. And Mookie Betts better hope he reverts back to his 2018 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

Wow, that's some impressive stats there.

Turn Off Ads?