Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Luhnow and Hinch suspended for a year; subsequently fired

Re: Luhnow and Hinch suspended for a year; subsequently fired

They’re hiding behind that farce of a commissioner’s report like anyone with a brain actually believes the whole “look guys it was only 2017” mantra.

I honestly am not surprised how terrible they’re handling this. This is/was an arrogant organization from top to bottom, they’ve always professed to be better and most importantly smarter than literally everyone else.

When you have that little respect for everyone else’s intelligence, that’s what happens.

That’s how you have an owner with an incredibly checkered background. That’s how Brandon Taubman and their subsequent attempted coverup and smear job against an honest reporter happens. And that’s how this sign stealing scandal and their current botched handling and refusal to truly apologize and/or accept true blame for the biggest scandal to hit baseball since at least the steroid era, if not all the way back to the Black Sox.

If I were the other owners, I’d be pushing hard for Crane to have to sell the team. Get that clown out of baseball and scrub that entire organization clean if the current group’s stench.
    Last edited by The Operator; 02-15-2020 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Likes:

757690 (02-15-2020),Chip R (02-18-2020),DocRed (02-15-2020),dreghorntwo (02-17-2020),OesterPoster (02-16-2020),RedsfaninMT (02-18-2020),Rolando (02-16-2020),Todd Gack (02-16-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I praised Crane the day he swiftly fired that duo...but it is now apparent it was done so out of cover. He’s a clown as Operator said.

5. Likes:

DocRed (02-15-2020),goreds2 (02-16-2020),The Operator (02-15-2020)

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...s?platform=amp

The Long Beach Little League and the East Fullerton Little League have both banned the use of "Astros" from their teams this year after the major league team was found to have illegally stolen signs en route to winning the 2017 World Series over the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"Parents are disgusted," Long Beach Little League president Steve Klaus told the Orange County Register. "They are disgusted with the Astros and their lack of ownership and accountability. We know there's more to this scandal. What's coming tomorrow? With the Astros, you've got premeditated cheating."
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

7. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020)

More circumstantial evidence against Altuve and buzzer gate. Has undershirt on top of the 9th. No undershirt on bottom of the 9th when he hits HR off Aroldis Chapman...hmm

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1...htmode%3Dfalse

9. Likes:

The Operator (02-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    They’re hiding behind that farce of a commissioner’s report like anyone with a brain actually believes the whole “look guys it was only 2017” mantra.

I honestly am not surprised how terrible they’re handling this. This is/was an arrogant organization from top to bottom, they’ve always professed to be better and most importantly smarter than literally everyone else.

When you have that little respect for everyone else’s intelligence, that’s what happens.

That’s how you have an owner with an incredibly checkered background. That’s how Brandon Taubman and their subsequent attempted coverup and smear job against an honest reporter happens. And that’s how this sign stealing scandal and their current botched handling and refusal to truly apologize and/or accept true blame for the biggest scandal to hit baseball since at least the steroid era, if not all the way back to the Black Sox.

If I were the other owners, I’d be pushing hard for Crane to have to sell the team. Get that clown out of baseball and scrub that entire organization clean if the current group’s stench.
    This is an awesome post I'm sums up everything exactly how it happened. They just have a lot of horrible people in that organization from top to bottom
    Crazy Reds Fan

11. Likes:

The Operator (02-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Does anyone think that, obviously in the far future, that any HOF worthy Astros from this era of cheating will have that held against them in the voting ballot? Would you indict them if you had a vote?
    Oh we won't have to wait too far into the future to see if the cheating affects the HOF chances of a 2017 Astro who arguably has a good case for induction. Carlos Beltran had a career WAR of 69.6, 8th all time among centerfielders in MLB history. Before this scandal broke I thought he had a decent argument for induction into the HOF and that he would probably eventually be selected. After all this he will be lucky to stay on the ballot for more than one year. He becomes HOF eligible in 2023.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

13. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020)

15. Likes:

goreds2 (02-17-2020),HammerTime (02-17-2020),Rojo Rijo (02-17-2020),Todd Gack (02-17-2020),wlf WV (02-18-2020)

This is going to be One Fun Season. Or maybe they'll work it all out in the spring.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    This is going to be One Fun Season. Or maybe they'll work it all out in the spring.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

18. Likes:

DocRed (02-17-2020)

I honestly hope it gets to the point where teams refuse to take the field against them.

21. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (02-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I honestly hope it gets to the point where teams refuse to take the field against them.
    That benefits the Astros. If a team doesnt take the field then guess what? Said team forfeits.

23. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020)

This turned out to be more prophetic than we ever thought.

It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

25. Likes:

DocRed (02-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Carlos Correa - the one guy who some people thought seemed sincere - just showed his butt in an interview with The Athletic and slammed Bellinger for saying Altuve stole the MVP from Judge in 2017.

What a clown. Said not only did Altuve’s wife not want his shirt ripped off after the ALCS homer last year off Chapman, but Altuve also had a really ugly tattoo he didn’t want people to see.

Suuuuure, Carlos. These doofuses just don’t get it.

Their credibility is shot. Gone. Proclamations of innocence aren’t gonna get them their integrity back.

Even if Altuve didn’t use the system (which he DID, albeit less than others apparently), his stats were still inflated because of others using the system.

Marwin freakin’ Gonzalez had a .900 OPS that year. They constantly had extra runners on, pitchers had to pitch under more stress. Altuve likely had better pitches to hit and more RBI’s and runs scored if nothing else, even if he never used the system. Which again, he did use it.

Just admit your guilt, accept your shame and move on.
    Altuve is probably heading to the tattoo parlor right now. "Give me the ugliest tattoo you can think of."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

27. Likes:

DocRed (02-17-2020),goreds2 (02-17-2020),The Operator (02-18-2020),wlf WV (02-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Altuve is probably heading to the tattoo parlor right now. "Give me the ugliest tattoo you can think of."
    There is a photo showing a Tattoo from 2019 just google it. Doesn't mean he isn't a cheat though.
    Last edited by DocRed; 02-17-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Turn Off Ads?