Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Interested in Seager

He still bangs

Reds Interested in Seager

Comes as no surprise, but it was broached today by Rosenthal in the Athletic here: https://theathletic.com/1521198/2020....co/oLcWtAbRYW

It is quick, but he says the Reds have been in on Seager “all offseason.” Granted, this is probably mostly in relation to the Dodger’s interest in Lindor.

However, I don’t think Dodgers would necessarily need to get Lindor to make them want to deal Seager. There are other ways LAD can improve by moving Lux to SS, Muncy to 2B, Turner to 1B, and rounding out their rotation and fill their bullpen via Seager trade.

You could explore trades featuring Senzel (to play 2B or 3B for LAD) where the reds would get more coming back, or trades without Senzel where the Reds would need to kick in more.

I won’t propose any trades right now, but they could be interested in Senzel, Bauer, Garrett, Disco, and Iglesias. There has to be some combination of what we could give and receive that could make both teams better.

Thoughts?

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-09-2020),mace (01-09-2020),marcshoe (01-09-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Interested in Seager

I think the Reds preference would be to trade minor league talent so as to not impact their ability to compete this season. Maybe include somebody like Ervin or VanMeter if the Dodgers like them enough since there is a roster glut. For the Dodgers, the attraction would be the savings and the ability to flip the prospects in future deals...

5. Likes:

GAC (01-10-2020)

I have never been big on Seager, and maybe that is because my friends that are Dodger fans always speak of him as a real health risk. Also, I would really prefer we not make trades with the Dodgers.....history suggests they usually do not lose trades.

Lux is ready, and the Dodgers aren't disposed to trade him, so I don't think their interest in Lindor affects this too much. I don't think the Reds are going to trade Bauer, and he likely wouldn't be a make-or-break piece. At any rate, the Dodgers would have to know they're selling Seager low. I think a prospect package without Lodolo/Greene could work. Maybe building something around T. Stephenson would work, although LA may want to address catcher before he's ready. Or maybe not; the Dodgers seem to promote aggressively, and Stephenson could be up before the season's out.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 01-09-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Seager is a very good player, 4-6 bWAR guy 3 of the last 4 seasons just not quite in the league of Lindor. Although if you take away 2018 when Seager was injured their value is very similar (5.9 5.7 4.0 vs 5.9 5.5 4.7) If we can hang on to Senzel and trade something else then sure.
    Last edited by DocRed; 01-09-2020 at 03:07 PM.

9. Likes:

jseebold (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I have never been big on Seager, and maybe that is because my friends that are Dodger fans always speak of him as a real health risk. Also, I would really prefer we not make trades with the Dodgers.....history suggests they usually do not lose trades.
    I have three things to say: Micah Johnson, Frankie Montas and Trayce Thompson.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

the dodgers being interested in trading seager says a lot to me. proceed with caution, reds.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I have three things to say: Micah Johnson, Frankie Montas and Trayce Thompson.
    in hindsight, did they really lose that trade? I think Montas was moved as a part to get Rich Hill.

I’m not opposed to Seager but it’d be interesting to see if we got him and somehow kept Senzel and Winker if any of the three would still be on the field in late August

I have severe reservations about trading with The Dodgers again.

If you’re going to pay a steep price anyway, go get Lindor.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

15. Likes:

Roy Tucker (01-11-2020)

I'd do Senzel & Iglesias plus for Seager & a OF. Not totally against Bauer, but there needs to be an arm coming back. Greene? Very hesitant. Lodolo? Aw hell no!

All in all, if Lindor's off the table, then Story would be my fallback SS option.

I"m thinking if the end SS result is Seager, the Reds wiil be the 3rd wheel in a 3-way swap for Lindor. Come away with Seager, an OF and a young BP arm from LA and Clevinger from the Tribe and I'd put up Senzel, Galvis, India, Bauer & Iglesias.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 01-09-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Senzel in a deal for Seager just seems like too much. I've got the same hangup about including Senzel in a trade for Starling Marte. They're good players, really good players, but if I'm trading Senzel I want a franchise player like a Lindor. So I don't think I could pull the trigger on it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

HammerTime (01-10-2020),jseebold (01-10-2020),marcshoe (01-09-2020),Red Raindog (01-10-2020),RiverRat13 (01-10-2020),Rojo Rijo (01-10-2020),Ron Madden (01-09-2020),The Operator (01-09-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-09-2020)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Send us Joc Pederson while you're at it, por favor.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

No way I’m trading Senzel, but I would love to add him.

They call me "chef"

If I were the Reds, I'd start to believe the Dodgers when their actions tell you that their stars and prospects are finished.

22. Likes:

Always Red (01-10-2020),JFLegal (01-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?