Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Worried About Moustakas Contract After Astros Scandal?

Haunted by walks

Re: Anyone Else Worried About Moustakas Contract After Astros Scandal?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    what is with all the snark directed at the op? it's a legitimate question. no one is worried about moustakas having a bad life. what he obviously meant was should reds fans be worried/concerned that moose might not have been a good signing.
    Yes, it’s kind of a “hmm.” if nothing else. Baseball tries to be so precise, we adjust for park effects. What if all the metrics are rendered pointless by outside misbehavior? And yet, there was keen interest in Yasmani Grandal, despite his suspension.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I believe the Reds overpaid to get him. I think they could have gotten similar production elsewhere without turning their top prospect into a utilityman.

But no, not worried that he had a surge in production in the most prolific offensive season of all time.
    Where? In what ways?

what is with all the snark directed at the op? it's a legitimate question. no one is worried about moustakas having a bad life. what he obviously meant was should reds fans be worried/concerned that moose might not have been a good signing.
    Yeah, I’m really not getting the response to this TBH.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

No

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah, I’m really not getting the response to this TBH.
    The Brewers are "suspected" in cheating, heck I'm suspicious but no real evidence is out there.

As pointed out Moustakas hit great on the road - did you take a look at that and if you had it would have been nice to see that disclaimer in your post.

I'm a curious guy so you get no pushback from me on the idea/thought but consider what I wrote above and realize many (not me) see such a post as taking a quick piss on the signing. Maybe next time sneak the idea (if you have one like this) into another thread rather than start a brand new one. I'm just reading the crowd here so nothing personal from me.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The Brewers are "suspected" in cheating, heck I'm suspicious but no real evidence is out there.

As pointed out Moustakas hit great on the road - did you take a look at that and if you had it would have been nice to see that disclaimer in your post.

I'm a curious guy so you get no pushback from me on the idea/thought but consider what I wrote above and realize many (not me) see such a post as taking a quick piss on the signing. Maybe next time sneak the idea (if you have one like this) into another thread rather than start a brand new one. I'm just reading the crowd here so nothing personal from me.
    there is circumstantial evidence that the brewers cheated. i know what you're saying, there's no hard evidence at this point. but stuff like luis castillo's numbers in milwaukee does not strike me as a coincidence. it's almost like they knew when he was throwing a change-up or fastball. course, he could have just been tipping his pitches. that's a possibility. it's also a possibility he just had bad games there and got rocked without the brewers cheating.

but if i was a betting man (and i am) i would say the brewers were cooking up some cheating during their home games. and i'm sure there is more circumstantial evidence than just castillo if i had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Where? In what ways?
    It's posted elsewhere and not really the point. The real point is for me, I'm in no way worried that his production is going to drop off because of the Astros.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

the reds definitely overpaid for him imo, but i think they needed to in order to sign him. and plus they obviously didn't have to give up any prospects to get him, so all in all i'm fine with the signing.

although, i do believe the brewers should be part of this investigation. things such as castillo turning into eric milton when he pitches at miller park have raised my suspicions.
    Not to add fuel to the fire but I attended a game at Miller Park last year that Desclafani started. He struck out something like the first 9 batters he faced and then came out in the 4th and it was like they knew what he was throwing. I told my son that they have to be steeling signs. True story!

10. Likes:

JFLegal (01-16-2020),Revering4Blue (01-17-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Not to add fuel to the fire but I attended a game at Miller Park last year that Desclafani started. He struck out something like the first 9 batters he faced and then came out in the 4th and it was like they knew what he was throwing. I told my son that they have to be steeling signs. True story!
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...01906230.shtml
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

You make a good point. If the Brewers are being investigated I’ll be anxious to await the outcome. Depending on the results the Reds could have stirred away from Moose, and been more aggressive signing Ozuna or Castellanos...while simply shuffling Senzel to 2b

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

I did not know the road splits.

Also, I was very excited about this signing when it happened and after. I just didn’t know the brewers were suspected of being cheats until like this week so it made me think of the Moose signing.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Moose had an .800+ OPS his last 3 full seasons with KC. Even if it was proven the Brewers were cheating I still wouldn't be worried.

15. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-16-2020),HammerTime (01-15-2020),RedlegJake (01-15-2020),RedTeamGo! (01-15-2020)

OK, well I guess I'm supposed to worry for no real reason other than MAYBE the Brewers might have cheated.. Insert my official OMG OMG OMG here.. Otherwise I'm not particularly worried.. No wait! OMG OMG OMG! There...it's out of my system.. I'll go on the record here as saying the Reds and all their players will always be and have always been pure at heart without even the slightest hint of dishonestly among any player ever.. They're all as pure as the driven on snow....even after salt trucks go by.
    And even IF Moose did cheat I'm 100% certain he's sworn his oath of purity and fidelity to our senses of honesty, fair play and the American way!

OK, perhaps I've gone just a tiny little bit overboard there.. whattaya think?
    Last edited by allpurpose; 01-15-2020 at 11:57 PM.

there is circumstantial evidence that the brewers cheated. i know what you're saying, there's no hard evidence at this point. but stuff like luis castillo's numbers in milwaukee does not strike me as a coincidence. it's almost like they knew when he was throwing a change-up or fastball. course, he could have just been tipping his pitches. that's a possibility. it's also a possibility he just had bad games there and got rocked without the brewers cheating.

but if i was a betting man (and i am) i would say the brewers were cooking up some cheating during their home games. and i'm sure there is more circumstantial evidence than just castillo if i had to guess.
    Moose's stats 2019:

By Breakdown AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
    vs. Left 163 22 45 9 0 11 27 13 27 .276 .343 .534 .877
    vs. Right 360 58 88 21 1 24 60 40 71 .244 .323 .508 .831
    Home 255 35 59 17 0 14 34 25 54 .231 .302 .463 .765
    Away 268 45 74 13 1 21 53 28 44 .276 .353 .567 .920
    Day 177 30 48 9 0 14 28 11 29 .271 .326 .559 .885
    Night 346 50 85 21 1 21 59 42 69 .246 .330 .494 .824
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

18. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-16-2020),JFLegal (01-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Moose's stats 2019:

By Breakdown AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
    vs. Left 163 22 45 9 0 11 27 13 27 .276 .343 .534 .877
    vs. Right 360 58 88 21 1 24 60 40 71 .244 .323 .508 .831
    Home 255 35 59 17 0 14 34 25 54 .231 .302 .463 .765
    Away 268 45 74 13 1 21 53 28 44 .276 .353 .567 .920
    Day 177 30 48 9 0 14 28 11 29 .271 .326 .559 .885
    Night 346 50 85 21 1 21 59 42 69 .246 .330 .494 .824
    extremely interesting. thanks.

Turn Off Ads?