Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Worried About Moustakas Contract After Astros Scandal?

Re: Anyone Else Worried About Moustakas Contract After Astros Scandal?

I'm not sure this sign stealing thing helped players, in fact it looks like it may have hurt. Altuve and Bregman have some pretty strong home road splits over the last few years, and they perform much better on the road.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-17-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-16-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I'm not sure this sign stealing thing helped players, in fact it looks like it may have hurt. Altuve and Bregman have some pretty strong home road splits over the last few years, and they perform much better on the road.
    Yeah, if it were that much of a slam dunk thing, then why didn’t the Astros win the World Series this year and in 2018 too?

I feel like I’m definitely going against the grain here, but I’ve found it hard to care much about this all along.

5. Likes:

mth123 (01-16-2020),Revering4Blue (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah, if it were that much of a slam dunk thing, then why didn’t the Astros win the World Series this year and in 2018 too?

I feel like I’m definitely going against the grain here, but I’ve found it hard to care much about this all along.
    I care in the sense it seems like an obvious breaking of the rules. But also extra foolish considering the numbers don't show it helped.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

7. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-16-2020)

Well the guy who basically orchestrated the whole thing did win the the 2018 world series. People who say this is not an advantage is fullish. Anyone who has played any level of baseball, knows it is easier to hit if you know the pitch that is coming. In this instance I don't care what the numbers say. They didn't go to all this trouble because it didn't work.

Stealing signs is part of the game because it gives your team an advantage, but this was blatant cheating that everyone involved knew was cheating. Baseball is letting them off easy.

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-08-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The thing I see players talking about on Twitter is unfairness to the pitchers. Many pitchers are a bad week or game away from being released or demoted. That can mean tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands that season, and perhaps millions of dollars lost in following seasons because the opposing team wasn't playing fairly.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I am not. He hit better on the road than at home last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sparky; 01-16-2020 at 06:01 PM.

If you people didn't have something to worry about I'd be worried (LOL)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

13. Likes:

goreds2 (02-08-2020)

NO
    Last edited by goreds2; 02-08-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

15. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (02-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    The thing I see players talking about on Twitter is unfairness to the pitchers. Many pitchers are a bad week or game away from being released or demoted. That can mean tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands that season, and perhaps millions of dollars lost in following seasons because the opposing team wasn't playing fairly.
    but did it really cost any pitchers if the splits are as claimed in the thread? I am not suggesting it should be allowed or the parties should not be punished....but I find it mostly uninteresting because I assume many teams have some internal things going on that would not be viewed within the spirit of the game.

According to a new report the cheating was happening at home as well as on the road using the “code breaker” program.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/mlb/...s18x1gbyd3szym

If this is allowed to progress that is where you can really make some owners think twice about turning a blind eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

In the immortal words of my own daughter 20 years ago over some really unimportant thing, and I quote, "omg!"

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    what is with all the snark directed at the op? it's a legitimate question. no one is worried about moustakas having a bad life. what he obviously meant was should reds fans be worried/concerned that moose might not have been a good signing.
    I've noticed a LOT of people are just snarky. I call if MFS (Mike Florio Syndrome).

He still bangs

Quote Originally Posted by Timpiker View Post
    I've noticed a LOT of people are just snarky. I call if MFS (Mike Florio Syndrome).
    Welcome to Redszone

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?