Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite/Least Favorite Reds Season?

Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Reds Season?

'82 definitely the least. Mario Soto was the only interesting part of the team. At least this decade when the team struggled we still had fun watching Billy, Chapman, Votto.

'90 and 2010 probably the favorite because of the return to post season after long droughts. But 2020 is in the running as a strong possible contender!

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

75, 76 and 90 all are favorites for the obvious reason and I can't really pick one of the other. But if I did had to pick, I'm leaning toward 75 because from 73 through early 75, it seemed like the Reds were diminishing slowly and I thought our chance of a World Series was wasted. Then they move Rose to 3rd and Foster left and like magic, they became a bigger Big Red Machine than ever.

Worst to me is easy, 1971. I was heartbroken after getting smoked by the Orioles in 1970 and the only thing that made me feel better was knowing that we should have another chance in 1971. Our pitching staff would be healed and we will be better than ever I thought. Well, Bobby Tolan tears his achilles tendon playing basketball and everyone on the team falls backward in stats and we finish 4th in the division. Simpson never healed, Merritt and Granger couldn't get anyone out, Bench and Perez stats dropped from 40 or more homers into the 20s while Bench had only 61 RBIs. Rose didn't reach his usual 200+hits. It was a nightmare.
    Last edited by foster15; 01-17-2020 at 02:21 AM.

5. Likes:

chicoruiz (01-18-2020),marcshoe (01-19-2020),Roy Tucker (01-17-2020)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Unfortunately, there's not too many good seasons to choose from during my lifetime. 2010/2012 are the only two worth mentioning. I don't remember much from 2013, aside from Shin-Soo Choo's great season at the plate, and Cingrani briefly looking like a future ace. The 2012 team was one of the most complete Reds teams of all time, so I'll go with that season. From acquiring Latos, to Votto playing as good as he ever has (pre-injury), Cueto's emergence as a true ace, Chapman having one of the best years ever for a reliever, Frazier's big rookie year (Cozart had his moments, too), Ludwick's 1 year resurgence, the winning streak, etc. Some of my favorite memories of baseball...also, some of my worst.

2017 was probably my least favorite. Decent offense, some of the worst pitching I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 01-17-2020 at 06:25 AM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

the year doug capilla pitched

Favorite: 1976

Least Favorite: 1982

Least favorite was the year we got completely screwed by the strike and the split seasons. We had the best team in baseball all season and would have won the World Series had we been in the playoffs.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

1990 favorite

2000 least favorite

didnt you like steve parris starting the playoff game

I was just a child in 1961, but huddling with Dad by the radio (no TV much back then) was perfect. Add to that the 1990, 1970, and 1975 seasons as my favorites.

Least favorite? 2015-18. Any one of those.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-18-2020),HokieRed (01-18-2020)

Favorite: 1975 - Pete to 3rd base

Least favorite: 1989 - Pete banned for life
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-18-2020)

Favorite: 1975. Champions, high drama, the works.
    Least favorite: 1981: We were SHAFTED.

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-18-2020),goreds2 (01-18-2020),Kingspoint (01-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    yes but 1982 allowed us to see dan bilardello charlie puleo and duane walker
    Actually, Dann Bilardello didn't join the Reds until 1983.

Alex Treviņo (116 games), Dave Van Gorder (51), Mike O'Berry (21), and Johnny Bench (1) were the Reds' catchers in 1982.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 01-19-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-21-2020)

Favorite year 90 or 99.
    Least favorite year any year between 2015 and 2019, I find my interest waning and it saddens me.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

21. Likes:

goreds2 (01-20-2020)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Favorite 1990. Least favorite 1982.
    Stick to your guns.

This past decade my interest really took a beating. First I was living in a shed in Texas and had no access to watch or listen or even read up on them then things improved marginally until this past season when for the first time I paid to watch MLB.tv.. Finances played a huge role in my interests in the Reds. Now I live in SC, but my finances (or lack of) are no longer critical so I can pay to watch em.. I plan to pay to see them again this season unless they fall off the cliff, but i expect they'll be at least in contention. At the very least now I have plenty of free time to watch baseball when I'm not busy taking care of the backyard and such.. I MIGHT even mosey on down to the park here in Columbia and take in a Fireflies game or two, but I doubt my heart will be in watching a Mets A ball affiliate..
    At least Mariano Duncan's their hitting coach..
    Last edited by allpurpose; 01-21-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Turn Off Ads?