Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite/Least Favorite Reds Season?

Favorite/Least Favorite Reds Season?

I know this will date everyone, but I thought it would be interesting to see what your favorite and least favorite Reds seasons are that occurred during your lifetime.

Favorite: I thought about saying 1990, but I was too young to really experience that season. I am a Reds fan because of my dad, and I watched and attended games with him during that season that I'll always have good memories of. But since I wasn't fully aware of everything that was happening that season, I'll choose 2012 as my favorite. Even with how it ended, that was the single most exciting season for me in my lifetime.

Least favorite: 2004 was an entirely forgettable season, in my opinion, but I'll go with 2017. It's the only season in my adult lifetime that I did not watch at least part of every game. It was miserable.

2. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Reds Season?

For me it's 1990 and not really that close, thought 1985 was pretty fun for me.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

1976. Swept the playoffs. Domination.

1990. Fun team. Swept A's.

Least? Oh man. So many from which to choose.

Favorite: 1975. I had only a short wait, and it was worth it.

Least favorite: 1982. I returned home from living overseas to find that the Washington Post's (my only source) assurances that what had been the best team in the league the year before would come out of it soon were dead wrong.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

1961who could forget Ken Hunt pitching to Jerry Zimmerman with Dick Gernert on the bench

I remember every season very well since 1979. Now, I loved 1990 don’t get me wrong, but 1995 was more fun for me.
    Favorite:1995
    Least Favorite: pick any from the Bryan Price years of 2015-18. It just felt hopeless. 1982 didn’t feel that hopeless. 2001 didn’t either.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Favorite: 1990, followed by 1999.

Least favorite: 2013, because even though they were a playoff team, they had flaws that were never addressed. That, in turn, ensured they'd never be a championship club. 2015 is a close second, followed by 1982-83.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    For me it's 1990 and not really that close, thought 1985 was pretty fun for me.
    Forgot to list my least favorite team. That would have been 1989. Just about everything that could go wrong that year did.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Least Favorite 1989

Favorite 1976

Fave 1976/1990
    Least 1974
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Toss up between 2010/12 as the best. That was probably the most invested I’ve ever been in baseball.

Worst? Honestly don’t know, I’d say either 2015 or 16 but I wasn’t really interested at that point.

Stynes
    Greg Vaughn
    Dmitri
    Hammond
    Pokey
    Long sleeved mike Tucker.

Lol. Steve Paris was like 12 and 4 with a 3 era

16. Likes:

Chip R (01-16-2020),Fil3232 (01-15-2020),Old school 1983 (01-18-2020),Rdirtypirates (01-15-2020)

I started following in 74.
    So I have saw last three world series teams.
    Outside of those three 1999 was my favorite.
    Least favorite 1982 2017
    Biggest disapointing season 1981 stupid split season.
    We will never know how far that team would have gone if given the chance.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Aland View Post

Stynes
    Greg Vaughn
    Dmitri
    Hammond
    Pokey
    Long sleeved mike Tucker.

Lol. Steve Paris was like 12 and 4 with a 3 era
    I didn't start following the Reds closely until 1998 so I thought 1999 was just how seasons go when you're a fan of a team. Everyone hits 20 home runs and every pitcher is good.

86 through 92. Win or lose, I knew every stat, and watched or listened to every game. The Reds could win the World Series every year now, and I wouldn't be as dialed in as I was back then.

Least favorite has to be 1999. Won almost 100 games, then gets shut down by Leiter in a one-off.

We still had Nuxhall then, so maybe I'm being too harsh. I'd cough up a pretty tidy sum to listen to him and Marty call just one more game.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?