Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds interested in Brock Holt

Re: Reds interested in Brock Holt

I'm all for signing Holt. I'd give him a shot to win the SS job. Holt gets on base. That would be a nice change for the roster.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-17-2020),Edd Roush (01-18-2020),Griffey012 (01-17-2020),KYExtemper (01-20-2020),Tom Servo (01-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Great depth move. Gives Bell lots of options. Solid big league hitter who gets on base and raked against rhp last year. Can play all over to give rest to Suarez, Votto, Moose, Galvis, and be an extra lefty in the outfield when needed.

Bell can run out a lineup of 7 left handed hitters against tough righties (Winker, Shogo, Holt, Votto, Moose, Galvis, Barnhart). Pushes VanMeter and Blandino to AAA.

Bench:
    Casali
    Holt
    Ervin
    Aquino
    Farmer/VanMeter/Blandino

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Pass on Holt.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'm all for signing Holt. I'd give him a shot to win the SS job. Holt gets on base. That would be a nice change for the roster.
    I’m curious how his SS defense is. Hasn’t been a reason for him to play there with Boergarts. If it’s averageish, he could be an upgrade.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

7. Likes:

Mitri (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Pass on Holt.
    Why?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I’m curious how his SS defense is. Hasn’t been a reason for him to play there with Boergarts. If it’s averageish, he could be an upgrade.
    I don't care. Let him lead-off and hit the first three times through the order. Then make a double switch and put in Galvis for defense hitting in whatever slot in the line-up is as far away from where the line-up is when he enters the game as possible.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Why?
    Almost 32. Career 0.714 OPS.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Almost 32. Career 0.714 OPS.
    .286/.366/.407 hitter in 662 PAs over the last two seasons.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-18-2020),NC Reds (01-18-2020),ochoa30 (01-18-2020)

.830 in 2019 against rhp

.360+ on base the last two seasons

14. Likes:

NC Reds (01-18-2020)

What’s not to like? He’s the ultimate “super-sub” who play anywhere except catcher and center field. And I would think that he would get plenty of playing time as this team is constructed. He would certainly be an upgrade over VanMeter.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd like signing Holt as the utility man, but it's the type of move I'd like to see come AFTER signing or trading for another notable bat.
    It’s the kind of move I’d like to see anytime. It’s the kind that improves the team.

C'mon, Holt doesn't even pitch?
    Pass.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 01-18-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I really can't see any downside to adding a good, versatile player like Holt. I'm all for this. Get 'er done.

NM
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

No brainer move IMHO. Team would get better.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-18-2020)

Turn Off Ads?