Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB and Players Union deny Mike Trout uses HGH

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

MLB and Players Union deny Mike Trout uses HGH

The crazy Mike Trout HGH conspiracy theory is officially dead

On the heels of the Astros cheating saga that has rocked the sport, the league and union on Friday dismissed an unsupported claim that Angels superstar outfielder Mike Trout was using human growth hormone (HGH), the banned performance-enhancing drug.

“Since the inception of the MLB-MLBPA Joint Drug Prevention Program, no major league or minor league player has ever received a therapeutic use exemption for, or otherwise received permission to use, Human Growth Hormone (HGH),” read a joint statement from MLB and MLBPA.
    Though the statement did not mention the 28-year-old, three-time American League MVP by name, it was issued after the son of Yankees World Series 1998 MVP Scott Brosius accused Trout of using HGH.
    But the retraction did not kill the story, as Reds’ pitcher Trevor Bauer then told Yahoo that Trout had an exemption from the league for therapeutic HGH to help a thyroid issue, and that players don’t care about it.

Bauer later said he didn’t know whether Trout had been granted an exemption.
    Bauer and Son of Brosius should be retaining legal counsel.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB and Players Union deny Mike Trout uses HGH

yep, that will close the case for sure.

/s

4. Likes:

DocRed (01-19-2020)

Trevor Bauer's favorite sound in the world is his own voice

6. Likes:

Always Red (01-20-2020),Chip R (01-22-2020),dfs (01-19-2020),Kinsm (01-19-2020),NebraskaRed (01-19-2020),pahster (01-20-2020),Tadasimha (01-19-2020),TRF (01-21-2020),wolfboy (01-19-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-19-2020)

Bauer is far ahead of the pack in the "least likable Red" competition.

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (01-20-2020),pahster (01-20-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-19-2020)

Trevor Bauer needs to worry about, and only worry about, Trevor Bauer and getting 25 quality starts (at the very least) in 2020.

10. Likes:

goldglover9 (01-19-2020),InsaneinthBrame (01-19-2020),pahster (01-20-2020),Spider Tre (01-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Trevor Bauer needs to worry about, and only worry about, Trevor Bauer and getting 25 quality starts (at the very least) in 2020.
    Trevor Bauer talking on social media is the least of our worries.

12. Likes:

DocRed (01-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Talking on social media? He accused one of the best players of all time of taking HGH. It’s a really bad look and deeply stupid.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

goldglover9 (01-20-2020),pahster (01-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I'm hardly worried about it myself. The game has a had long list of loudmouths idiots (check out Aubrey Huff's recent foray into social media) and arrogant smart guys (Steve Carleton, Kevin Brown) however it's a distraction from the game and the teams goals. This franchise can't afford distractions currently, they need to polish the brand not sully it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Talking on social media? He accused one of the best players of all time of taking HGH. It’s a really bad look and deeply stupid.
    i don't disagree with anything you said here. but allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment.

so far, has trevor bauer been wrong about anything he has said regarding this issue? remember all the people bashing him last couple years for his "conspiracy theories" against the astros? how's he looking now?

all i'm saying, i guess, is i wouldn't be so flippant about dismissing what trevor bauer says on these matters. while he probably shouldn't be saying anything publicly (which is a completely different discussion) he comes across as a truth-teller to me.

17. Likes:

DocRed (01-20-2020),Edd Roush (01-21-2020),icehole3 (01-21-2020),JustaFan (01-22-2020),Norm Chortleton (01-20-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I guess what Bauer specifically actually said is that he didn’t know anything about Trout’s case, but that MLB grants exemptions for HGH. Which he was wrong about. But it sounds like he didn’t actually accuse Trout of taking HGH.

19. Likes:

DocRed (01-20-2020)

Bauer can be irritating, but The Indians managed to do quite a bit of winning while he was being irritating in Cleveland.

The 2012 and 2013 Reds managed to do okay with a loudmouth tool named Latos on the team.

I think sometimes that stuff is overblown.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

21. Likes:

DocRed (01-20-2020),JFLegal (01-20-2020),Old school 1983 (01-20-2020),Revering4Blue (01-20-2020),TRF (01-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Bauer can be irritating, but The Indians managed to do quite a bit of winning while he was being irritating in Cleveland.

The 2012 and 2013 Reds managed to do okay with a loudmouth tool named Latos on the team.

I think sometimes that stuff is overblown.
    and the BRM was certainly not a roster filled with angels. they did ok.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    and the BRM was certainly not a roster filled with angels. they did ok.
    While true they also didn't manufacture press off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It is completely different now then in the 70's. There is a much bigger spotlight on players today with social media. Most of us would never hear about most of this if not for social media. I'm sure a lot of players manufactured news, itis just no one heard of it.

Everyone including the Reds knew what Baurer is. He gives his opinions good or bad. I agree it is not a good look to talk about other people's medical issues even if they are non existent, but expecting a guy like him to change won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    A different world then. The press protected players then too.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

26. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-21-2020)

Turn Off Ads?