Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB and Players Union deny Mike Trout uses HGH

Re: MLB and Players Union deny Mike Trout uses HGH

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A different world then. The press protected players then too.
    In the Midwest, meanwhile the Chipmunks on the East Coast were forging a new approach

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

The Bob Braun Show could get a little saucy when Pete was on.

Seems to me that some guys speak without thinking (Latos, Pete Rose, etc.)

Other guys think and don't speak or say very little (they follow the Crash Davis PR department advice, "just here to help the ballclub anyway I can")

And a few guys think a lot and then say a lot about what they think. That's Bauer. I've listened to him on Bauer hour a couple times on MLB radio and he seems really smart and thoughtful, not just a blabber mouth who prattles on. I'd have to hear his specific quote about Trout before I accept that he is making unfounded accusations. I doubt that's what he was doing.

5. Likes:

DocRed (01-21-2020),Ron Madden (01-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Talking on social media? He accused one of the best players of all time of taking HGH. It’s a really bad look and deeply stupid.
    Yes and he said no one in MLB cared. And guess what, no one really does care.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm hardly worried about it myself. The game has a had long list of loudmouths idiots (check out Aubrey Huff's recent foray into social media) and arrogant smart guys (Steve Carleton, Kevin Brown) however it's a distraction from the game and the teams goals. This franchise can't afford distractions currently, they need to polish the brand not sully it.
    Isn’t Bauer widely regarded as one of the hardest workers in MLB? I don’t get what the big deal is. I haven’t seen anything on social media where Bauer is a distraction for us. Our franchise’s top priorities are making sure we keep our best prospect healthy and not trading ungodly talents at the their worst value. As of now, Trevor Bauer talking on social media is probably 20-something in terms of priorities.

8. Likes:

DocRed (01-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    While true they also didn't manufacture press off the field.
    To be fair, the local Cincinnati Press in the mid 70's isn't the same as the NYC press of the 30's or the instant news cycle of today. Hard to compare, but I wonder how that team, say 70-77 would fare in the twitter world of today.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    To be fair, the local Cincinnati Press in the mid 70's isn't the same as the NYC press of the 30's or the instant news cycle of today. Hard to compare, but I wonder how that team, say 70-77 would fare in the twitter world of today.
    Lawson of the Post wasn't a lickspittle by any stretch, he was tough on the team and took a couple of punches for it too, he also was there the night Robinson was released from jail for his gun incident. nonetheless no one will ever know what social media would have done to that squad. Chances are if anyone would have burned because it would have been Pete

11. Likes:

TRF (01-22-2020)

lickspittle. that's a new one. i like it.

Turn Off Ads?