Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shogo Akiyama walk up music

Re: Shogo Akiyama walk up music

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    The 40th anniversary of “Mr.Roboto” is going to happen during his contract. Just sayin’
    Just say no to Styxx

2. Likes:

camisadelgolf (01-27-2020),cincinnati chili (01-25-2020),marcshoe (01-26-2020),Tom Servo (01-23-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Not without some serious acid.

I'll go with "Boot Scootin' Boogie."

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Just say no to Styxx
    Your intentional or unintentional typo gave me an idea. Add one more x and you’ve got styXXX. Dig if you will a novelty cover band throwing out Triple x rated lyrics over 70s-80s corporate rock covers. It would make a fortune. I might just have to quit my job and give it a shot.
    Stick to your guns.

7. Likes:

M2 (01-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Your intentional or unintentional typo gave me an idea. Add one more x and you’ve got styXXX. Dig if you will a novelty cover band throwing out Triple x rated lyrics over 70s-80s corporate rock covers. It would make a fortune. I might just have to quit my job and give it a shot.
    Or a DJ laying down sick beats behind quotes from the Vin Diesel flick.

Kumquat.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Of all the important things Shogo can bring to the Reds on and off the field, #1 on the list has to be his walk up song selection. There is a ton of Japanese music out there. For instance, he's got all of J-pop to choose from. That would seem the most obvious direction to go, but I know next to nothing about J-pop, so I'll leave it to others to make suggestions.

However he could go classic. Pick a genre from any point in the and the Japanese have acts in it. For instance, Japanese surf music. Yes, it exists. In fact, there's a lot of it and surf chords creep into a lot of Japanese rock and pop songs. Shonen Knife, the Japanese all-girl trio answer to the Ramones, were heavily surf influenced. And any Shonen Knife would be a great selection, though maybe Shogo wants to go with less of a throwback. So, here's three suggestions:

BABYMETAL will break you brain. Seriously, try to process everything that's going on with that band. And if you pick a BABYMETAL song, you pick "Gimme Chocolate".
    Absolutely correct band but wrong song. Gotta go with Karate, instead. Saw them in Nashville two years ago and they were absolutely brilliant.

10. Likes:

M2 (01-26-2020)

They call me "chef"

I’m hoping for some Japanese math rock.

Turn Off Ads?